Status: Re-write!

It's a Werewolf Thing

Seventeen

Kacey sat alone on the porch steps of the Hale house thinking, their main priority right now was the hunters and finding a humane way to deal with them. She didn't quite understand the humane part, since the hunters clearly didn't care how much damage they inflicted, or whether the wolf they were hunting was dangerous.

The pack, on the other hand, knew exactly how dangerous the hunters were and that men like her dad wouldn't think twice about destroying them, but that was just another thing that made the pack better. Once the hunters were out of the way, they would finally be able to focus on Kacey's situation and until then they had Deaton looking into it.

"What are you thinking about?" Scott asked, making her jump as he joined her and took a seat.

"Is it the packs plan to give the humans heart attacks?" Kacey replied, rolling her eyes when Scott's only response was a chuckle, "To answer your question, I was thinking about everything we have going on."

"Things are pretty crazy right now," Scott agreed with a nod, "We'll figure everything out eventually."

"I'm not so sure this time, Scott, werewolves, and hunter we can deal with, but people coming back from the dead... it doesn't happen," Kacey stated, "What's dead should stay dead and if it doesn't, then something has to be very wrong."

"I admit that it's strange, but Beacon Hills is the epicenter of all things weird and crazy, Kace... maybe just this once things will go in our favor."

"I wouldn't hold your breath," Kacey mumbled as movement from among the trees caught their attention.

Standing up, she watched as he dad and his group of hunters approached them. She knew that they were stupid, but she didn't think that they would show up so soon and armed as well.

"You're trespassing on private property," Derek growled as the pack gathered on the porch around Kacey.

"I'm just here to collect my daughter, then me and my men will be gone," Liam announced, causing Kacey to tense and look at him.

"What?"

"You're coming home with me, I won't allow you to hang around with these mangy animals anymore... you have a destiny and you will step up to your responsibilities."

"The other day you were telling me to choose and I made my choice... I chose them and you turned your back on me," Kacey snapped, glaring at her dad, "Now you show up making demands."

"Let's go Kacey, right now," Liam ordered as flashing lights caught everyone's attention.

Silence fell over the group as Sheriff Stilinski climbed out of his cruiser, glaring at Liam and approaching the pack.

"Kacey, I need you to go with your dad," the sheriff told her, looking less than happy, "If you don't, I'll have no choice but to arrest Derek for kidnapping a minor."

"Derek hasn't done anything wrong though," Kacey replied angrily.

"I know that, but your dad has made the allegations and, although I know they're false, I have to do my job in order to keep everything under wraps."

Looking around at the pack, she could see the shock on their faces and then her eyes locked with Derek's. She could feel a million emotions surging through her, but, instead of fighting, she let her shoulders sag in defeat and felt tears sting her eyes as she walked over to her dad.

Walking through the front door and straight up to her room was such a familiar action, but somehow it felt wrong. When her mum was alive, she would come home to find her mum singing along to the radio whilst cooking and urging Kacey to join in.

Now the house was quiet, nothing left but echoing memories... happy memories and still she didn’t want to be there. She laid on her bed wondering if her mum had known, or if her dad had lied to both of them and it suddenly dawned on her that she had lost everything.

“I want your phone and laptop,” Liam demanded as he barged into her bedroom.

“I need my laptop for school work and my phone is for emergencies,” Kacey replied, but Liam simply held out his hands and waited.

Kacey sighed shoving the computer and phone into his arms, before watching him walk away with a smirk on his face. For the first time in ages, Kacey couldn’t wait for school so that she could see the pack and talk to them about any plans they had to get her out of there.

Waking up early, Kacey got ready for school and headed downstairs where her dad was already sitting eating breakfast. It was only then that she realized all of her school books were at Derek’s house and with a groan she grabbed a slice of toast, following her dad out to the truck.

As soon as Kacey climbed out of the truck outside the school, she spotted the pack gathered around Derek’s Camaro and swallowed the lump that had started forming in her throat. She stared at them, until her dad grabbed her arm and spun her round to face him; his grip tight.

“I want to see you walking out of those doors as soon as schools finished, I’ll be waiting so no funny business,” Liam growled.

Nodding in understanding, Kacey grimaced slightly as her dad let go and drove away. Turning back towards the school building, she couldn’t help feeling disappointed when she noticed that Derek was gone and the pack had already headed inside. Sighing, she pushed back the sudden urge to break down into tears and made her way to class.

When she entered the room, Allison smiled at her and handed over Kacey’s school bag. Taking her usual seat, she looked over at Scott who gave her a sad smile and quickly averted his gaze to his desk. Pulling out her chemistry book, she opened it to the last piece of work she had done and quickly realized that the following page had been written on. Turning it, she immediately recognized Stiles’ familiar handwriting and smiled as she read what was written.

'Hey

Just a quick note, to let you know that we all understand how much you don't want to be around your dad and we promise that we are working on a plan to get you back with us. Sour wolf is a mess without you around (on the inside, of course, we wouldn't want him to actually show emotion or anything) … he wants you to meet him tonight, at six o'clock at the rock.

We miss you already
Stiles'


Chuckling at Stiles’ ability to turn a quick note into a letter, she glanced over at him and nodded, earning a grin, which lit up his eyes. Things weren't ideal, far from it in fact, but Kacey knew that the pack wouldn't abandon her and that alone made her feel a little better.
♠ ♠ ♠
Happy Reading ♥