Love Me, Hate Me Either Way We'll Go Crazy

Nothing Would Be Better Than You and Me

About a week after that was when I got a text message out of the blue one early afternoon reading ‘Good morning. Hope you have a great day.’ My eye brow raised just as another bubble popped up on the screen. ‘I’m sorry if it isn’t morning where you are. I just woke up.’ I half smiled at the screen.
“You look happier than usual, Miss. Nothing-but-business.” Hera the other intern in the department who sat across from me spoke. She had a happy grin on her face. “It’s a nice change. Maybe I should go on vacation more often.” We had befriended each other our first week here. Played as wing women for each other when we went out. We at some point became close enough that we decided to share an apartment. “Wait! I was gone for a week. Did you get laid? Oooo. You need to tell me all the details. Was it the hot guy from Big Bang? What’s his name? Ethan. Eric. Evan!” I laughed as she sped forward at 100 miles per hour.
“Hold your horses, Hera.” I turned my chair to face her. “I was in Texas half the time with my family so no. I caught up with a….,” I paused trying to decide the best choice of words, “old friend.” I furrowed my eye brows and sighed. “An old boyfriend.”
“Texas. Ex. Dramatic pauses and uncertainty. That could only mean one person. Nic-“ I quickly reached across the void between our desks and pressed my palm against her mouth.
“Don’t say it out loud!” I whispered in an irritated voice. I could feel her smile underneath my hand before the hushed mumble of words tried to escape my grasp on her mouth. “Promise not to say it.” She nodded and I let go standing and quickly surveying the room to make sure no one was around. His supermodels started traipsing around her trying to get a look at me every once and awhile.
“This is good!” She leaned back into her chair with a hand on either side of her face and a gigantic smile in between. “So let me guess that was a message from him.” My cheeks burned red. “Oh he is so not over you. And neither are you. This will be good.” She put a long emphasis in the middle of her last word giving it too many syllables.
“Shut up.” I turned and crossed my arms.
“Right over there. Third desk from the end.” I heard someone say. Hera poked my shoulder.
“That’s you. I bet it’s from him. You did tell me he was a bit of a romantic.”
“Or it could be you! Matt sends you flowers every week!” She shrugged and grinned.
“True. I guess we will see. Three… two… one.” She counted down as the delivery man appeared beside us.
“Alexis Carter?” I slowly looked up to the delivery man as my face turned red.
“Yes?” He smiled as he placed the gigantic floral arrangement on my desk.
“Have a great day!” He spoke before turning and walking away. Hera’s face was wide with a big grin. I ran my fingers through my hair as she let out a chuckle.
“Shush, you! It’s probably not even from him! He just woke up.” I pulled the small envelope from the beautiful arrangement. I opened the envelope and pulled the card out from within.
‘I can’t stop thinking about you.’
“See!” I turned the card to her. “No name! It could be anyone!” She laughed and then cleared her throat.
“Lex, that is the $400 arrangement. I only got that after Matt and I got in that big fight. No random guy you met at the bar could afford that, believe me. They would send carnations if anything. Come on!”
“Never mind that.” I turned back to my desk and pulled out my phone. All I typed was a question mark before hitting send. Seconds later a smiley face. Then ‘I hope you like them.’
♠ ♠ ♠
<3 Kelsey