Love Me, Hate Me Either Way We'll Go Crazy

I'm So Perplexed With Just One Breath, I'm Locked In

“I cannot believe you made Nick Jonas sleep on the couch last night, Lex!” Hera exclaimed into her coffee cup. I sighed as I pulled my wavy hair into a high ponytail before walking over to pour myself a hot cup. I sat at the table and rolled my eyes at her.
“There is nothing going on between us. He doesn't need to sleep in my bed with me.” I sighed once more taking a long drink from my cup. “We are just friends.”
“You keep telling yourself that, honey.” She laughed as the sound of the door of my bedroom came to us from behind the black foldable screen. Nick emerged in only a pair of dark jeans.
He spoke a joyful, “good morning,” to each of us before asking about coffee. I pointed to the pot on the counter. I admitted to myself that my heart was beating a little too quickly for platonic relationship status. Hera grinned and made a spanking motion with her hand as she noticed I was biting my lip as I watched his back muscles roll as he poured a cup.
“Shut up!” I mouthed to her before reaching over and hitting her lightly on the arm. He turned and I feigned innocence as he approached the table. He sat next to me smiling largely before taking a sip from his cup.
“You seem unusually quiet, Alexis. Is something wrong?” He spoke taking another drink before letting it rest on the table in his hands.
I exclaimed, “nope nothing going on here!” while Hera said, “she wants a price of that action.” As she said this she motioned toward his body. Nick smiled to himself then raised his eyebrows.
“She can have any part of this anytime she wants. She just has to say the words.” His voice gave me chills as I bunched my hands into fists. I took two heavy breaths before standing and escaping to my room.
“Why does he get to me this bad?” I thought out loud before answering myself. Cause I know what I'm missing out on. I stood with my back pressed against my armoire breathing deeply. “What the hell am I doing?” I thought aloud to myself turning and resting my head against the white doors of the armoire. “What the hell am I doing?” I repeated hoping to know the answer this time. I didn't. “Alexis, we are not friends right now.” I told myself before turning to the bedroom door and stomping back to the kitchen. “Maybe, I do! What the hell are you going to do about it, Jonas!” I spoke from the entrance clenching my teeth as threw my arms up. Hera’s eyes widened as she stood and backed out of the room.
“I’ll be in my room keeping quiet and pretending that I don't exist. If you need anything... Emotional support. Condoms. Never mind.” She finished as she closed the door to her room. Nick stood still his confident face turned serious for a second.
“Are you sure about this?” He asked shifting his weight acting unsure what he should do with his hands.
“Haven’t you ever heard ‘a faint heart never won fair lady,’ Nick?” I responded leaning against the archway. He chuckled taking a step forward toward me still seeming unsure of what was going on. “Fine. I’ll just go back into my room. Take a cold shower.” I spoke approaching him. I placed my hands on his bare chest leaning into him to stand on tip toe. I lightly kissed his lips before turning and walking toward the door. I turned my head back to him, “I’ll be here waiting when you are ready.” I smirked and turned walking across the living room to my bedroom door. “For a man that seems drenched in confidence a majority of the time I really do seem to bring out the shy boy in you.” I chanted from the doorway with my hand resting on the knob.
“You don’t have to yell. I’m right here.” I turned to see him half a foot behind me as he placed his hand on my hips and leaned down to kiss me roughly holding my face with his other hand. He left me breathless as he moved around me into the room. He started tossing stray things into his bag.
“What are you doing?” I asked confused coming to sit on the edge of my bed. He faced me bag in hand.
“I’m going to take it slow this time, Lex.” He leaned down and kissed me lightly twice. I roped my arms around his neck. “I’ve got to go,” he spoke trying to pull away.
“I don’t want you to,” there was a trace amount of begging in my voice. He kissed me once more. I could tell he wanted nothing more than to stay.
“I am not going to fuck this up again.” He ducked out of my grasp and stepped to the door. “I love you. See you soon.”
♠ ♠ ♠
<3 Kelsey