Thank You, Kakashi

1/1

Three ninja were fleeing through a forest in the middle of the night. The three man cell comprised of Kakashi Hatake, Naruto Uzumaki and Mika Holt, all affiliated with Konohagakure no Sato - The Village Hidden in the Leaves. Their mission, a simple retrieval of some scrolls, had gone sour several minutes ago, when a maked man had appeared. He was wearing a Hidden Mist hitai-ate with a deep slash through the afforementioned village's symbol : a Missing Nin.It soon became clear that this man was not targeting the whole team, merely one member: a certain young Uzumaki. The reason that the cell was fleeing was simple, the masked man was ridiculously powerful: so much so that even with all their powers combined, the Konoha shinobi were no match for him.

The team soon came upon a raging river, its banks set to burst at any given moment due to the incessant rainfall in this country (they were in Amegakure). Suddenly, before the three could flee across the dangerous waters, the masked man appeared before them.

"Well that's not good." Commented the silver haired Jounin, Kakashi Hatake.

"No duhh! Yet again Captain Obvious has spoken!" replied the brunette Kunoichi, voice dripping with sarcasm, as a certain knuckle-headed blonde split his sides laughing. However, in a split second, Naruto's laughing was transformed into screams of pure agony, as the Missing-Nin pierced his Katana through Naruto's chest. Almost as quickly as he appeared the masked man was gone, leaving Naruto writhing on the forest floor in pain.

"NARUTO!" The girl collapsed onto her knees, next to her fallen comrade and best friend.

"H-hey Mika-chan? I-I l-love you" Naruto choked out, before his eyes went hazy and his world faded into black.

That event was three weeks ago. Although it seemed like Naruto was dying, the Kyuubi's fast healing powers managed to save him from his imminent death. The only problem with this was the confession Naruto had uttered upon his death bed. Naruto had been avoiding Mika ever since, scared of the rejection that he was certain was going to come. Fed up with his student's behaviour, Kakashi decided to take matters into his own hands. He took three days off work, of which he spent two planning. Day 3 was reserved for acting on his plan.

Walking around the center of Konoha, Kakashi spotted the very person he was looking for: Mika Holt. Unbeknowst to her, Kakashi had already imprisoned Naruto, and she was next. Masking his chakra, so Mika wouldn't sense him, Kakashi crept up behind her and grabbbed her by the shoulder, covering her mouth with his hand so she couldn't scream. He then used his Teleportation Jutsu to poof away to an unknown location, also known as Kakashi's bedroom! Once there, Kakashi chucked the shocked Kunoichi into the darkness of his closet, then locked the door behind her.

"KAKASHI!!"

"Let me out right now or I'm gonna....I'm gonna....Okay I haven't got a clue what I'm gonna do but I'm sure as hell gonna make you pay for this!"Mika panted, out of breath from her rant at Kakashi.

"It's not gonna work you know." A small voice piped up from the corner of the closet. Mika was shocked, that voice belonged to Naruto! Mika almost laughed: she had never heard Naruto talk so quietly in her entire life!

"Naruto-kun!" Mika exclaimed happily. "Where have you been? I haven't seen you since the mission, if I didn't know any better, I'd say you were avoiding me!" In the dim light of the closet, Mika could see her best friend's head droop slightly, a look of guilt plastered across his features. Mika reached her hand out and placed it gently on Naruto's cheek, tilting his head up slightly, to look her directly in the eye.

"I'm sorry. I was embarrassed after what I said, and I was scared that you would reject me. That's why I was avoiding you." Naruto's voice trembled with emotion, Mika couldn't help but let out a silent "awwwwww", he looked so cute when he was guilty!

"Naruto, you complete and utter fool!" Mika started, a worried look flashing upon Naruto's face, scared that she was angry at him.

"I love you too, idiot!" Mika finished, before laughing at the look on Naruto's face.

"What?" The blonde whined, face turning beet red.

"N-nothing! It's just... You so thought I was gonna reject you! God your face was so funny!" Mika stuttered out, inbetween fits of laughter.

"Oh shut up and kiss me!" Naruto's voice rang out, in a sudden moment of bravery.Mika's face went red, overcome with bashfulness, but she complied with Naruto's order. Their soft lips met together in a sweet kiss. At this moment in time, the same thought was floating in both of the Shinobi's minds;

"Thank you Kakashi!"