Status: Completed!

The Reckless and the Brave

prologue

"Well you know what, Alex? What if we're done? What if I'm fucking done with all of this bullshit? Huh?" she demanded, moving towards him aggressively. She stopped right in front of his face, eagerly awaiting his response.

"Then I guess we're fucking done," he said in a deadly quiet voice. She looked at him, surprised he'd actually said it. As her eyes connected with his, she was sure she'd never seen him -or anyone else- so angry.


~ ~ ~ ~ ~


That was the last conversation they had. That was the conversation that took a four-year relationship and washed it down the drain. That was the conversation that played on a loop through Lily Abernathy's brain on an almost-constant basis.

For the most part, she'd done her best at completely avoiding him in the two years that followed their breakup. For the most part, she'd healed. For the most part, she'd been able to carry on with her life. For the most part, she was finally able to look at her best friend since high school, Jack Barakat, without also seeing his best friend and her ex boyfriend, Alex Gaskarth.

But, all of that changed the day her band, Reckless Summer, got signed onto their dream tour; the ever-coveted Warped Tour. Before she signed anything, she instantly got on the tour's website, knowing full-well that Alex and Jack's band, All Time Low, often frequented the tour. Sure enough, in big bold letters at the top of the page, there they were. Her eyes locked onto the picture of Alex and her heart dropped.

She knew she couldn't deny her band this opportunity. She'd always known she couldn't avoid him forever. Apparently it was time to face her fears. It was going to be a very interesting summer.
♠ ♠ ♠
Much like the Andy Biersack story that I recently finished, this story is a re-write of a super old story that I wrote on here. I'm not totally sure, but I think this story was originally written in about 2009?? There's a lot that's super rough about the original, but I like the base story line so I thought I'd take a shot at a re-write! As with most stories I write, I'm not totally sure if it'll go anywhere, but I'm excited to give it a shot!