Status: Active

Tonight the World Dies

Never Ate that Stew.

Once the stove is off, Daryl is on me like a cougar on its prey. An animalistic growl rumbles in his chest as his hands explore me, running from my shoulders to my back and then down to my ass again. He squeezes and suddenly lifts me off the ground. Instinctually, my legs wrap around his waist, and I moan lowly when our groins are aligned. My fingers are deftly working at the buttons of his shirt, though I can feel the muscles in his chest tensing. His lips falter against mine as my fingertips graze his chest.

“Bedroom,” I murmur against his mouth, his hesitance lost on me. My mind is awhirl with the feeling of our bodies pressed against each other, of his mouth assaulting mine. Something snaps in his head and then he’s moving us towards the stairs.

He carries me into our bedroom and dumps me gracelessly on the bed. The top few buttons are undone on his shirt, giving me a delicious view of his broad chest and tanned skin pulled taut over his muscles. The atmosphere around us shifts and suddenly Daryl doesn’t seem so sure of himself. I wonder if it’s me, if I’ve pushed him too far too fast.

My breathing is ragged as I say his name on an exhale. “We don’t, um…we don’t have to, if you don’t want to. I didn’t mean to push it…”

He silences me with a firm kiss; he’d moved so fast I barely registered it. When he pulls away his blue eyes are alight with a flame, a flame I put there. That same heat boils in my lower abdomen, burning lower to pool between my legs.

“I want to,” he says gruffly, firmly. The guardedness is back again, though, as his hands come up to finish unbuttoning his shirt. My hands itch to help, but clearly this is something he needs to do. I watch him, body warming as he bares his chest to me. “I want you to see.”

See what, I’m not sure, but once his shirt is off my mind goes out the window. Until he turns around, slowly. My breath catches in my throat as I take in the map that is carved into the skin of his back. Scars of varying sizes litter the skin. One nasty raised scar cuts across a demon tattoo on his back and extends to the other shoulder. My heart aches for the torment this man has been put through, a man so undeserving of it. I reach out and brush my fingertips across one going down his back, and my heart tugs painfully as he flinches. His head is hung in shame, and I slowly rise from the bed, running my hands across the map, tracing it, leaving Daryl a quivering mess beneath my hands.

He stills when I lean forward and begin pressing soft kisses to each and every one of them. I hear him exhale deeply, sounding on the verge of crying. My hands and lips continue their trails until every scar has been shown attention. I wrap my arms around him from behind and lay my cheek against his warm back. He’s still stiff in my arms but he reaches up to clasp my hands against his stomach.

“I could kill the bastard myself,” I murmur against his skin. “This doesn’t change anything, Daryl. You’re still beautiful to me.”

He turns in my arms, finally allowing me to see his face. The emotion I see there nearly makes me want to cry. I reach up to brush his hair out of his face, and his large hands come up to grasp either side of mine. Then our lips meet again, and I’m putty in his hands. He pours every emotion into the kiss, searing me from the inside out. I allow my hands to explore the expanse of his chest, my fingers tangling in the small, coarse dusting of blonde hair on his chest. I trail them lower, down the flat plane of his stomach until they stop at his belt buckle.

“No ya don’t,” he growls. He roughly shoves my shirt up and off my head, tossing it away. He lays us gently on the bed, keeps his weight off me for the moment as he moves his delicious assault to my neck. He nips and kisses and licks and sucks the skin over my pulse point, and I arch against him, writhing with barely controlled need.

His palms one of my breasts over my bra, until he grows impatient and reaches behind me to rid me of the garment. It too joins our growing pile of clothing. Then his hands are back at my breasts, kneading and teasing my nipples until they’re hardened buds. His lips move to one, closing around it and I let out a low moan. My hands splay on his shoulders, my nails digging into his skin as the heat in my lower abdomen threatens to burn me alive. I can’t take much more of this, but Daryl continues his torment on my body. With one hand he moves to the snap of my jeans, popping it open and dragging the zipper down at an agonizing pace. His mouth leaves my breast only for the time it takes him to shimmy off my jeans. Then his mouth is showering the opposite nipple with the same attention, and one hand dips into my underwear. He growls against my skin and I mewl as his finger teases my folds.

“Yer soaked, girl,” he says, turning those beautiful blue eyes up to me. I meet his eyes confidently, and it sends a new fire surging through me. At the same time he slips a finger inside of me, his teeth clamp down lightly on my nipple and tug. A cry leaves my mouth as Daryl pumps his finger, curling it up inside me to brush against a bundle of nerves that has my hips rolling to meet his thrust.

His tongue flicks my nipple back and forth, and my legs shake. The want I feel for him is driving me crazy, and when his thumb brushes against my clit, testing it, I nearly lose it.

“Daryl,” I growl, throwing my head back against the pillows as he swirls his thumb in a tantalizing circle. I’m moaning along with his movements as I’m lifted higher and higher, that fire in my belly at a near-scorching temperature.

I close my eyes, letting him continue, until he picks up his movements and I thrust my hips to meet his hand eagerly. The wave gets bigger, closer, and crashes over me so suddenly that I arch up off the bed and cry out his name like a prayer I want to chant for the rest of my life. The power of my orgasm sets my nerve endings on fire, and my hands curl tightly into the bed sheets as Daryl slows his motions.

Before I can come down completely, a puddle of happiness and satiation on the sheets, Daryl shucks the rest of his clothes and rips my panties from my body. I take him in, licking my lips in anticipation as he lines himself up with my entrance. It’s still singing from my orgasm, and I cry out again as he snaps his hips forward and enters me, filling me completely. His eyes are locked on mine as he waits a moment, allowing me to adjust before he begins moving.

He groans as he pulls his hips back, his face coming down to bury in my neck. “God, yer so tight.” I moan at his words, turned on by the fact that Daryl apparently loves dirty talk in bed, and I dig my nails into his back as he moves again.

“God, you feel so good,” I hum in his ear. He groans against my neck and picks up his pace at the same time as he sinks his teeth into my neck. I growl low and swivel my hips to meet his, allowing him to sink deeper inside me.

One of his large hands curls around my thigh and brings it up between us and my leg is thrown over his shoulder. The new angle has us both moaning as Daryl’s hips move faster and harder. The sounds of flesh slapping against flesh, of our moans and groans, have my hands curling in the sheets again as the fire in my belly reignites. Daryl reaches down to squeeze my ass and tilt my hips upwards, driving him deeper as his own orgasm nears. I bury my face in his neck, wrapping my arms tightly around him. I moan into his skin as my second orgasm crashes over me, sending tremors through my body. My walls clench around Daryl, and moments later, he’s grunting in my ear.

“Gonna come,” he grumbles. “Fuck, I’m gonna…” He growls again as his climax hits, his hips moving erratically. I tighten my walls again, milking him dry, and he slowly ceases his movements. He drops his weight on top of me, though I hardly mind as I’ve been reduced to a quivering, puddled mess of sensations.

“Holy shit,” I breathe, dropping my head against the coolness of the pillow. Daryl shifts so that I can rest my leg on the bed, and he draws slow circles into the skin of my hip. He’s breathing heavily in my ear, and it sends chills down my spine. His head turns and his lips press light, feathery kisses onto my neck, my jaw, my cheek, until he drops a passionate kiss onto my mouth.

He pulls away and merely stares down at me as we try to catch our breath. He brushes sweat-soaked hair off my forehead and leans down to press his forehead to mine.

“Holy shit is right,” he agrees. I can feel him softening inside me, but he keeps us joined as he turns us so that we’re facing each other. He keeps one arm around me as he reaches down for the blankets and pulls them up over us. I tuck my head under his chin and sigh in content as his fingers dance across my back.

It’s silent as we bathe in our afterglow, each of us lost in our own heads. Mine is filled with nothing but happiness, all because the man beside me didn’t give up on me. Tears spring to my eyes and I squeeze them shut, willing them away. He’s saved me, whether he accepts it or not. I was never one to believe in fate or destiny, choosing to believe that each of us made our own destinies, but with Daryl, that’s exactly what it was. The angel’s wings stitched into his vest are far too coincidental, and I take a moment to realize that he is my guardian angel. Someone was looking out for me when they brought him to me.

I don’t realize I’ve fallen asleep, locked within the warm confines of Daryl’s body, until he’s kissing me awake.

And it isn’t on my mouth.

I wiggle my body as I awaken fully, though I keep my eyes closed as Daryl continues exploring my nether regions beneath the sheets. My hand snakes under the sheets to tangle in his hair and he pauses, knowing I’m awake now.

“Would’ve liked to be completely awake for that,” I tell him in a breathy voice. He ducks his head again and slides his tongue along my opening, dipping inside of me just a fraction before pulling back.

“Now that I’ve had ya I can’t get enough,” he growls against my center. I groan my reply, rolling my hips to meet his mouth as his lips close around my sensitive nub and suckle. I gasp, arching my back, and open my legs even wider to accommodate him.

“I want to touch you,” I moan, my hands itching to feel his skin under them. He shakes his head, my clit still wrapped in his lips, and the sensations send my nerves into overdrive. “Please.”

“Come for me,” he orders before deftly sliding a finger inside me. He continues with his mouth, teasing, swirling, and adds a crooking motion of his finger that quickly has me coming against his mouth. It’s amazing how well he already seems to know me, know my body, and the thought puts a warmth in my chest.

Daryl wriggles out from under the covers, plopping down beside me, and, in my satiated daze, I roll over and quickly wrap my hand around his length. His breath leaves him sharply, his eyes fluttering closed and his jaw clenching as I quickly find a rhythm. While he’s distracted by my hand, I duck beneath the covers and push on his hips, rolling him to his back.

“Fuck,” he growls as my mouth closes around his head. His hips lift off the bed and one hand comes down on my head, tangling in my hair and following my movements as I bob my head up and down. I hollow my cheeks, taking him in until he hits the back of my throat. “Goddamn, girl, you done this before.”

I chuckle against him, sending vibrations through his dick that make him shudder. I swirl my tongue around his head, dipping the tip into his slit, and he hisses, his hand curling tighter in my hair. With my free hand I cup his balls, rolling them in my hands and his hips move faster against my ministrations. I feel him twitch and I know he’s close. I pull my mouth from him with a pop and quickly move up his body, towering over him as I line myself up with him. He thrusts his hips up at the same time mine come down, and we groan together.

Our pace is set, quick and hard, and right now I’m not worried about getting off. I balance myself with my hands on his chest and roll my hips, bouncing in his lap. His head is thrown back against the pillows, blue eyes watching me, clouded over in lust. He palms my breasts in his large hands, toying with my nipples. He pinches them between two fingers and I bite my lip against a moan. I throw my head back and Daryl’s hands move to my hips, moving me harder over his dick until his movements are stuttered, and he’s groaning my name.

His hips continue to move lazily as he rides out his orgasm, his face pinched in utmost ecstasy. I lean over him and press my lips to his once he stops moving, relaxing into the mattress. He brings up a hand to cup my face, kissing me tenderly.

“Don’t know what I did to deserve ya,” he says quietly. His eyes are closed, as if he’s afraid I’ll laugh at his corniness. But I merely watch him, hoping he can read just how much his words affect me as I coax his eyes open.

“I think you’ve got that backwards,” I whisper. He pulls out of me, spent, and I snuggle down onto his chest, in which I can hear his heartbeat racing. His warm arms enclose around me, keeping me locked in place, and I let our legs tangle together beneath the sheets. He doesn’t reply.

“We’ve got an early day tomorrow,” I murmur a while later. The sun is going down outside our window, and after our romps in the sheets, I’m exhausted. Under me, Daryl shifts and rolls so that we’re facing each other.

“’S gonna be fine,” he promises. I’m locked on his blue gaze, feeling as much at home here as I’ve ever felt around him. “Maybe they’ve moved on.” Neither he nor I really believe they have, but I still nod.

“We never ate that stew,” I say on a laugh. He snorts, rustling the hair on my forehead, and then his lips press tenderly to my hair.

“We’ll have it for breakfast. Get some sleep, girl.” His unconventional nickname has me smiling as I close my eyes, bunking down for the night in the safety of Daryl’s arms.

Not once have I ever felt so at peace, and I’d be foolish if I didn’t admit that I’m scared for tomorrow, scared to see what our actions will bring upon us. I know it’s the reason why I let go of my inhibitions and let Daryl know me in a way no one has in a very long time. I don’t regret it, don’t regret that it may be too fast, but in this world, how much time do either of us really have? It’s that logic that had me throwing caution to the wind, letting go of all the fear, and worry, and anger over this harsh world and letting myself enjoy the company of a man who’s far too good for any of us. I know he doesn’t see it, but the rest of us do, and I can only hope that one day I can open his eyes so that he sees himself the way I see him.