Somebody Like Me

One: I Could Get Used To This

Gently running a brush through her dark hair, Cassie spared a small glance towards the mirror which stood ahead of her, her stomach flipping a little at the thought of the night which stood ahead of her. It had been a while, with things between her and Hector having ended a couple of months previous, it had been a little while since she had headed out on a date, and whilst a small part of her nervous about the idea of heading out to dinner, most of her was excited, looking forwards to spending a little more time with the man she had grown to be a little fond of.

Sparing another glance towards her mirror, she ensured that her dark curls were pinned in place before the sound of the doorbell reached her ears, something which caused her to allow a slightly nervous sigh to fall out of her mouth before she padded through the apartment, quickly pulling the door open to Sergio who, as soon as the door open, stepped across the threshold, pressing his lips against hers.

Cassie let out a soft squeak, more than a little caught off guard by the kiss, before she wrapped her arms around him, holding him close for a couple of seconds before she ducked back, her forehead resting against his. “Wha…what was that for?” she babbled, a soft hint of pink on her cheeks.

Sergio offered her an impish smile. “I was just saying hola” he noted playfully.

Cassie rolled her eyes teasingly before she leant into him, sneaking another couple of light kisses before she ducked back, gently pushing the dark hair off of his forehead. “I just need to finish getting ready” she mused softly “Give me a couple of minutes?” she posed.

Sergio offered her a swift nod before he stole another soft kiss, something which made Cassie giggle a little before she padded out of the room. Stepping back into her bedroom, she slipped her feet into a pair of heels before she moved to collect her jacket, her green eyes peeking briefly towards the mirror before she made her way back into the living room, offering Sergio a soft smile. “You ready to go?” she posed softly.

Sergio, who’d been looking her up and down, quirked a crooked smile before he nodded. “I am” he confirmed “Though, I still don’t see why you’re insistent on heading out to dinner when we could so easily spend the night here instead” he added, his arms wrapping happily around her waist.

Cassie spared a glance down towards his arms before she rolled her eyes, something which made Sergio laugh a little before he leant into her, pressing another soft kiss against her lips. It was still early, he and Cassie had only been seeing one another for a matter of weeks, but Sergio had to admit that he enjoyed spending time with her. It felt simple, being with Cassie seemed effortless and fun, and he had to admit that he was enjoying it, even if it hadn’t been very long. He had grown to enjoy spending time with her.

Pressing another soft kiss against her lips, he held her close for a couple seconds before he carefully pulled away, offering her another impish smile. “We should get moving” he mumbled softly “I’ve made us a reservation and I’d like to keep it. Are you ready to go?” he posed gently.

Cassie nodded her head before she moved to collect her bag, settling it on her shoulder. “I am now” she mused softly.

Sergio offered her another boyish smile before he moved to knot their fingers together, leading her towards the door before he pulled it open, allowing her to duck under his arm.

~#~
“Are you sure that you don’t have to go home tonight?” Cassie posed as she padded towards the door of her apartment, her hands rooting through her bag in search of her door key. It had been a good night, the dinner that Sergio had arranged for the two of them had been intimate and romantic, and Cassie had to admit that she had enjoyed herself, even if she had felt slightly nervous about the idea of heading out on a date. She had more than enjoyed spending a couple of hours with Sergio.

Sergio, who’d followed Cassie towards the door of her apartment, quirked a smirk at the sound of her words before he stepped towards her, his arms wrapping her around her waist before he placed a soft kiss against her shoulder. “You’re expecting me to stay over?” he quipped, his voice bright and teasing.

Cassie, who’d moved to slip her key into the lock, smiled a little at the feel of the kiss before she turned her head, her eyebrow lifted teasingly. “You’re not staying?” she quipped.

Sergio admired the playful expression on her face before he let a small chuckle fall out of his mouth before he shook his head. “I think I can probably spare the night” he mused softly “I mean, I’ve got training in the morning, but my kit bag is in the boot of my car so...” he trailed off, another bright grin playing on his lips.

Cassie rolled her eyes softly before she knocked the door of her apartment open, allowing the two of them to step over the threshold before Sergio knocked the door closed, allowing a comfortable silence to fall over the two of them. Shrugging her jacket off of her shoulders, Cassie toed off her heels before she moved to place them beside the door.

Sergio, who was stood a little away from her, admired her quietly for a couple of seconds before he took a couple of long strides towards her, closing the gap with a soft kiss which made Cassie squeak a little in surprise before she lifted her hands, gently cupping his face for a moment before she pulled back, flashing him an innocent smile. “You’re staying then?” she quipped playfully.

Sergio offered a feigned glare before he ducked into her once more, stealing a couple of light kisses before he took a hold of her hand, guiding her through the apartment and towards her bedroom. It hadn’t been long, he and Cassie had only known one another for a matter of weeks, but Sergio was confident that they were onto a good thing, even if they had both stressed that it wasn’t about to become serious any time soon. He liked what they had, things between him and Cassie were simple and fun, and Sergio had to admit that he liked it that way. There no pressure, no rush, and Sergio was confident that he could get used to having Cassie around.