Somebody Like Me

One Hundred & One: You Can Relax

Quietly pulling the door of Noah’s bedroom closed, Sergio spared a soft sigh, glad that the little boy had finally fallen asleep. It had been a long day, with their families around, cooing over the twins, neither he nor Cassie had been afforded longer than a couple of minutes to themselves, and he was glad that the children had been settled down for the night, even if it was only a matter of time before Oscar and Luna started to stir. He was simply grateful for a couple of minutes of quiet.

Ensuring that he closed the bedroom door quietly, he paused in the hallway for a couple of seconds before the sound of movement downstairs reached his ears, causing him to quietly pad down the stairs, stepping into the kitchen where Cassie stood, quietly making herself a drink. Smiling softly, he leant against the doorframe for a few seconds, his dark eyes admiring her before he cleared his throat, something which caused Cassie to startle before she turned around, offering him a small smile. “Have you been standing there for long?” she posed softly.

Sergio shook his head. “Only a couple of seconds” he noted “But I was just admiring you. Have I told you that you look beautiful today?” he posed as he stepped towards her, his arms carefully settling around her waist.

Cassie’s cheeks warmed a little at the compliment before she lightly shook her head, something which caused Sergio to dip forwards, pressing a soft kiss against the side of her neck. “You do look beautiful, Cass” he mumbled quietly, his nose gently nudging at her skin.

Cassie let out a small giggle before she carefully tilted her head, pressing a brief kiss against his lips. “You’re very sweet” she mumbled quietly, pushing a few loose hairs off of his forehead.

Sergio leant into her touch slightly before he carefully lifted a hand, catching hers so that he could pull it against his lips, allowing him to press a soft kiss against her fingers. Cassie smiled at the small amorous action before she quietly shook her head, pulling away from him slightly. “You’re in a pretty affectionate mood tonight” she noted as she stepped towards the counter, collecting the mug of tea that she had made.

Sergio, who’d moved to settle down beside the kitchen island, shrugged. “Can’t a guy want to make a fuss of his beautiful wife?” he posed with a warm smile.

Cassie nodded. “Of course he can” she noted softly “I was just wondering what had bought it on” she added, sipping on her drink quietly. It wasn’t the first time, when she and Sergio had first welcomed Noah, he had been more affectionate for a few days, and Cassie had to admit that she liked it, even if it did only last for a few days. She liked the idea of him making a fuss of her.

Sergio offered her a soft look before he shrugged his shoulders slightly. “I guess I am just pretty happy right now” he noted softly “I mean, the last few days, they’ve been pretty hectic, but I am still happy. We’ve got three adorable children, Cass, and whilst that’s going to take some getting used to, I love it as an idea” he fussed softly, a small proud grin on his face.

Cassie admired the grin he wore for a moment before she leant forwards, her hand gently taking a hold of his. “I love it too” she mumbled quietly “I mean, I know that my pregnancies came along as surprises, but the results are pretty wonderful, aren’t they?” she posed, her teeth nibbling on her lip shyly. It had been a surprise, both when she had fallen pregnant with Noah and with the twins, it had caught both her and Sergio off guard, but she was thrilled with the way things had worked out, even if they had hit the odd bump from time to time, she adored the family that they had made.

Sergio smiled a little at the expression on her face before he squeezed her hand gently. “We’ve made three adorable babies, Cass” he mused gently before a soft yawn fell out of his mouth.

Cassie, who’d been quietly looking down at their hands, lifted her head at the sound of his yawn, a soft smile appearing on her lips. “Have you actually been to sleep for longer than a couple of hours in the last few days?” she asked gently.

Sergio shook his head. “I’m alright” he mumbled softly “I mean, it’s been a long couple of days, but I am fine. I’ll sleep later” he added, playing with her fingers softly.

Cassie watched their fingers, smiling at the small and nimble movements before she lifted her eyes, marveling at the sleepy expression which had spread across Sergio’s face. It wasn’t the first time, since they’d gotten home from the hospital, Sergio had looked as though he was ready to fall asleep on more than one occasion, but he had refused to give into it, something which made Cassie smile softly. She knew why he was doing it, since the twins had arrived, he had barely left her or the children alone for longer than he could help, and Cassie had to admit that she found it cute, even if it did have the potential to become a little overbearing, she adored the cute paternal side of him.

Admiring the look on his face for a couple of seconds, she carefully stepped around the island before she placed a hand against his cheek, levering him into a soft kiss. Sergio startled, not quiet expecting her to kiss him, but he responded to it quickly, his hands settling on her waist softly before Cassie ducked back, resting her forehead against his. “You know that you can relax now, right?” she posed softly “I mean, me, the twins, we’re home and that means you can relax a little” she added gently.

Sergio offered her a soft look before he shook his head. “I am fine” he mused.

Cassie scoffed playfully. “You’re half asleep, Sese” she pointed out “And we both know how grumpy you get when you’re tired” she added, a playful smile on her lips.

Sergio rolled his eyes softly, causing Cassie to giggle gently before she ducked into him, stealing another soft kiss. “You can relax, amor” she mused softly, lightly pushing her fingers through his hair.

Sergio closed his eyes at the feel of her fingers before he nodded his head. “Alright” he conceded gently “I’ll head up to bed, but if you need anything…”

“I will wake you” Cassie interrupted “But I am pretty sure that I can cope without you for a little while. I mean, it’s not exactly my first time” she added, offering him a bright smile.

Sergio’s face lit up with a slight smile at her joke before he quietly pushed himself up to his feet. “You’ll be up in a bit?” he posed softly, his hand gently tucking some of her dark hair behind her ear.

Cassie nodded. “I shouldn’t be too far behind you” she noted “But, if you’re asleep before I get up there, I’ll see you at the first feed” she added playfully.

Sergio offered her a sleepy smile before he leant into her, sneaking a quick kiss before he ducked out of the room, mumbling a soft goodnight. Cassie watched him out of the room for a couple of seconds before she moved to collect her mug from its spot on the counter, smiling a little at the quiet which filled the room. She knew that it wouldn’t last for very long, with Luna and Oscar likely to stir throughout the night, the chances for quiet were likely to be few and far between, and Cassie wanted to make the most of them.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to Twisted;;Symphony and FootieJo for the comments :)