Somebody Like Me

One Hundred & Two: What Are You Smiling About?

“So, what is it that you’ve got planned for this evening, Cass?”

Cassie, who was stood beside the stove, startled a little at the sound of Mia’s voice before she lifted her head, her green eyes settling on the blonde woman who was settled beside the island, fussing over Luna who was settled in her arms, snoozing contently. It had been a little while, after the twins had arrived, a little over a month had passed, and whilst things seemed to have settled down slightly, Cassie was keen to take a night for just her and Sergio, wanting to make sure that things between the two of them kept working. It had taken some adjustment, with the twins and Noah around, the house seemed hectic, but Cassie was pleased with how things had settled down. They were good and she was keen to keep them that way.

“Huh?” she spluttered softly.

Mia spared a giggle before she shook her head. “I asked what you had planned for tonight” she noted gently “I mean, you’ve got me and Theo to watch the kids, so what have you got planned for that husband of yours?” she posed, gently tickling the bottom of Luna’s foot. The little girl stirred a little, her blue eyes opening briefly, before she settled down, something which made Mia smile softly. She still couldn’t quite believe that Cassie was a mother once, let alone that she had been pregnant for a second time.

Cassie, who’d moved to peek into the oven, shrugged. “It’s not too much” she noted softly “I mean, I’ve cooked us dinner and we’ll see where things go from there, but I am sorting of hoping to surprise him. He’s been pretty great in the last few weeks” she added, a soft smile pulling at the corner of her mouth.

Mia admired the smile on her friend’s face before she quirked one of her own. It was usual, whenever Sergio tended to come up in conversation, Cassie’s face lit up, and Mia had to admit that she found it sweet, even if she had been a little worried about the pace at which their relationship had moved. She doubted that she had seen her friend happier.

“What are you smiling about?” Cassie quipped as she met Mia’s stare, breaking the quiet which had settled over the two of them.

“You” Mia quipped “You’re still all smitten by Sergio and it’s cute” she added brightly.

Cassie’s cheeks flushed a soft shade of pink before she lightly shook her head. “I’m not that bad” she mumbled softly.

Mia shook her head. “It’s not a bad thing, Cass” she pointed out softly “You and Sergio, you’re still all giddy and in love, and it’s adorable. I’ll admit, I was a little worried when we found out that you were pregnant with Noah, but since you two got together, you’ve been so happy and I am so happy for you. Sergio’s definitely a keeper” she enthused warmly.

Cassie’s already pink cheeks darkened a little before she gently nibbled on her lip. “He is, isn’t he?” she fussed quietly.

Mia giggled softly at Cassie’s shy expression before the sound of someone clearing their throat reached her ears, causing her to turn slightly, her eyes settling on Theo who stood in the doorway, Noah balanced on his hip and Oscar’s car seat settled in his hand. “Are you nearly ready to get moving, Mia?” he posed softly.

Mia nodded her head. “I think so” she mused gently.

“Are you two sure that you don’t mind doing this?” Cassie posed as she stepped towards her friend, gently moving to take Luna from her before she settled the little girl into her car seat “I mean, if you’ve changed your mind…”

“You and your husband need some time alone, Cass” Mia interrupted softly “And me and Theo, we’re more than happy to watch the children for a few hours, aren’t we, Theo?” she posed with a look towards her husband.

Theo nodded his head. “Of course we are” he noted “It makes pretty good practice” he added with an impish smile.

Cassie tilted her head. “Practice?” she posed softly “Mia, are you…?” she trailed off slightly, her green eyes narrowed on her friend.

Mia offered Theo a small glare before she turned her attention towards Cassie, offering her a small nod. “It’s still pretty early” she noted softly “I mean, we’re due for our 12 week scan in a few days, but we are expecting our first baby” she admitted with a soft smile.

Cassie blinked a couple of times, slightly surprised by the announcement, before she stepped towards her friend, quickly pulling her into a tight hug. “I’m so happy for you” she fussed softly “Both of you” she added, peeking towards Theo.

Mia offered her a gentle smile before she lightly pushed herself back to her feet. “We can talk about it later” she noted “But right now, I am going to leave you to it. Enjoy your night, Cass” she added as she moved to collect Luna’s car seat, following Theo out of the kitchen. Cassie watched them out of the room for a few moments before she quietly shook her head, wordlessly looking forwards to the night ahead of her.

~#~
Allowing a soft yawn to fall out of his mouth, Sergio slipped his door key into the lock, quietly pushing the door open. It had been a long day, with the season slowly coming to an end, the coaching staff were determined to work as hard as they could in order to have something to celebrate at the end of the season, and whilst Sergio was sure that it would be worth it in the end, it had left him more than a little tired, something which meant he was more than looking forwards to the opportunity to relax for a little while, even if his home was slightly hectic, he was looking forwards to the chance to unwind for a little while.

Quietly stepping into the hall, he moved to settle his bag down beside the door, before he tilted his head, slightly surprised by how quiet the house seemed. It was rare, with two newborns and a toddler around, moments of quiet seemed to be few and far between, and he was a little surprised by how still the house seemed. It was usually a lot busier. Frowning, he quickly toed off his shoes before he padded through the house, his nose catching the scent of food which emanated away from the kitchen. Quietly, he stepped into the room, but frowned, slightly surprised not to find Cassie stood beside the stove.

“Sese?”

Sergio, who’d moved to check on the food in the oven, lifted his head at the sound of Cassie’s voice before he wheeled around, his dark eyes widening a little at the sight of her. She looked beautiful, the dress that she wore hugged her curves closely, and for a moment, it left Sergio a little speechless. It had been a while since he had seen her so dressed up. “Cass” he breathed softly “Nena, you look…you look amazing” he fussed gently.

“You think so?” Cassie posed, shyly tugging at the bottom of her dress “Because if it is too much…”

“You look gorgeous, Cass” Sergio interrupted, his hands settling on her waist “What is all this for?” he added gently.

Cassie shrugged. “It’s been a while since we had a night that was just about the two of us” she noted gently “For the last month, it’s been all about night feeds and nappy changes and I thought…I thought I could use a little time alone with you. Do you mind that?” she posed, peeking up through her eyelashes at him.

Sergio quirked a boyish smirk before he tilted his head. “You want to spend time with me?” he poked playfully.

Cassie shrugged. “Perhaps” she played along “But if you’d rather, I can call Mia and Theo and have them bring…” her words trailed off as Sergio ducked into her, pressing a strong kiss against her lips. Cassie let out a small squeak, slightly taken aback by the kiss, but she quickly warmed to it, her arms wrapping softly around his neck as she held onto him for a few seconds.

Sergio kept a hold of her, kissing her happily for a few moments, before he ducked back, gently brushing his nose against hers. “I’d love to spend some time with you, Cass” he murmured softly.

Cassie smiled gently at his words before she leant into him, sneaking another light kiss. “Good” she mumbled between soft and light kisses “Because I’ve cooked dinner and Mia and Theo aren’t bringing the children back for a few hours, meaning you’ve got me all to yourself” she added softly.

“All to myself?” Sergio quipped impishly “I think I like the sound of that” he added brightly.

Cassie spared a soft laugh before she gently nudged his shoulder, mumbling something about him finding some plates before she stepped away from him, moving to finish off dinner. Sergio watched her with a grin before he moved to collect the plates, wordlessly noting that they should ensure that they made time for a night to themselves every now and again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to Jayme112234, FootieJo and Twisted;;Symphony for the comments :)