Somebody Like Me

One Hundred & Four: You Need To Ask That?

Pushing his sunglasses up his nose, Sergio shifted slightly, his dark eyes settled on Cassie who sat a little away from him, gently allowing Noah to kick his little feet in the water of the pool, something which made the toddler giggle brightly. It had been a couple of weeks, after the cup final, Sergio had been quick to relax into spending more time with his wife and children, and he had to admit that he was enjoying himself, even if he and Cassie had agreed that they’d avoid trying to travel too far away with the three children. He was simply glad of the break.

It was rare, with their friends and families still keen to make a fuss of his little family, moments where they were entirely alone seemed few and far between, and whilst Sergio loved their friends and families, he was keen to make the most of the opportunity to have his wife and children to himself for a while.

Quirking a soft smile, he marveled at the soft sounds of Noah’s giggles before he quietly pushed himself up to his feet, moving to settle down beside Cassie who looked up at him, a small grin on her face. “Are we disturbing you?” she teased softly.

Sergio feigned thought for a moment before he shook his head, sparing a small laugh. “Of course you’re not” he noted “I just thought I would come over here and see what the two of you are up to. He seems to be having a wonderful time” he added as he wrapped an arm around her waist, shuffling her slightly closer to him.

Cassie smiled a little at the feel of his hand before she lightly shook her head, her green eyes settling on Noah who sat in her lap, babbling happily to himself. “We’re not up to much” she noted softly “He just likes splashing in the water. It makes him giggle” she added, carefully leaning Noah closer to the pool. Noah shifted a little, trying to get a little closer to the water before he reached his hands out, patting the water’s surface as a soft giggle fell out of his mouth.

Sergio watched the toddler for a few seconds, admiring the bright smile on Noah’s face, before he ducked forwards, kissing the top of the toddler’s head. “Are you having fun, little one?” he fussed softly “Because your mama, she looks like she is” he added, his dark eyes peeking up towards Cassie who held onto Noah, a fond smile on her lips.

It was a common look, since the twins had arrived, Cassie had appeared more content and relaxed, and Sergio had to admit that he was glad. He had been a little worried, throughout her pregnancy, Cassie had seemed uncertain and concerned about things between the two of them, and he was pleased to see her more relaxed. He much preferred her when she was smiling and giggling than when she was fussing and worrying.

Cassie’s cheeks warmed a little before she lightly shook her head. “It’s nice” she noted softly.

Sergio nodded his head. “It is nice” he agreed gently “I mean, I know that we took a short vacation last year, but it is nice to have some more time this time around. It’s silly, but I’ve sort of missed having you all to myself” he added softly.

Cassie shook her head. “It’s not silly” she countered softly “It’s been hectic since Oscar and Luna came along and it’s nice to have a break. Don’t get me wrong, I love our friends and our families, but it is nice for it to be just the five of us for a change” she added, flashing him a small smile.

Sergio admired the soft smile she wore on her lips before he leant into her, pressing a quick kiss against her lips before the sound of cries emanating away from the monitor which stood on a table a little away from them echoed, causing him to leant back slightly, his forehead pressed against hers. “You want me to go?” he posed softly, his nose lightly brushing hers.

Cassie shook her head. “It’s about time for their lunch and that means I have to go” she noted softly “You should stay here, keep Noah laughing” she added as she carefully settled the toddler into his lap. Pressing a light kiss against Noah and Sergio’s heads, she flashed them both a bright grin before she quickly pushed herself up to her feet, making her way into the villa.

Sergio, who’d moved to wrap his arms around Noah, watched her closely before he shook his head. “You know, you’re the best surprise I’ve had, Noah” he mumbled quietly “Without you coming along like you did, I’d not have gotten with your mama and I doubt that I’d be as happy as I am now. I love you, Noah, I love your brother and your sister, and I really love your mama” he fussed, softly smoothing out the dark hair which sat on the toddler’s head. Noah fussed a little, not liking being kept away from the water, before he lifted his hand, settling it against Sergio’s cheek. Sergio smiled gently and pressed a kiss against his palm, wordlessly fussing about how well things seemed to be going.

~#~
“Aren’t you starting to get a little cold?”

Sergio, who’d been quietly sipping on his drink, startled a little at the sound of Cassie’s voice before he lifted his head, turning to look towards where she rested in the doorway, a soft smile on her lips. It had been a quiet day, with Sergio intent on relaxing for a while, he had been quick to insist that they enjoy a day at the villa, but still he had enjoyed their day.

“Huh?” he spluttered softly.

“It’s starting to get a little cold out here” Cassie reiterated softly “And I was asking if you planned on coming inside. The children are all asleep and I was thinking that we could set up a film or something before we head up to bed” she added as she padded towards him, gently sitting on the end of the sun lounger which he sat on.

Sergio quietly mulled her offer over before he nodded his head. “It sounds like a plan” he noted softly.

Cassie offered him a small smile before she took a hold of his hand, squeezing it softly. “Are you alright?” she posed “You’ve been a little quiet all day and we both know that that isn’t like you. Is everything Ok?” she posed softly, her fingers messing with his.

Sergio, who’d been watching their fingers, quirked a small smile at her joke before he nodded his head. “I’m fine” he noted gently “I’m just feeling a little reflective. Things have changed a lot in the past couple of years” he added, brushing his thumb over the back of her hand.

Cassie nodded. “They have” she noted “But things have worked out pretty well, haven’t they?” she posed, peeking up at him softly

Sergio snorted. “You need to ask that?” he posed, a boyish grin on his face.

Cassie rolled her eyes playfully before she pinched his hand, making him laugh gently. “You know that they have, Cass” he mused softly “I mean, it’s been pretty hectic in between pregnancies and weddings, but I like us. We’re a pretty decent couple, nena” he added playfully.

Cassie scoffed softly before she pushed herself up to her feet, making her way back towards the door. “You’re an idiot” she quipped over her shoulder.

Sergio laughed. “Perhaps” he noted “But I am your idiot, nena” he added as he stood up, jogging to catch up with her before she stepped into the house. Quirking a boyish smile, he caught a hold of her hand before he pulled her back into him, allowing him to press a soft kiss against her lips before he ducked into the villa, tugging a giggling Cassie along behind him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to Jayme112234, FootieJo and Twisted;;Symphony for the comments :)