Somebody Like Me

Two: I Think It Does

Letting a small groan fall out of his mouth, Sergio tossed onto his side, his hand swatting for the alarm clock which sat on the top of the end table. It was early, one look around the room confided that it was a little earlier than Sergio was used to waking up, but he knew that he wouldn’t have the option of falling back to sleep again, even if it was a tempting prospect. He knew that it wouldn’t be long before Cassie needed to head to work, something he knew that he couldn’t get in the way of.

Hitting his hand against the top of the clock, he stopped the blaring of the alarm before he pushed himself up slightly, moving to settle his feet against the soft rug whilst his hand attempted to straighten out his hair.

“I could have sworn I turned that off”

Sergio, who’d been focused on trying to wake up a little more, jumped at the sound of Cassie’s voice before he lifted his head, his dark eyes settling on where she stood in the doorway, dressed in his shirt. Blinking a couple of times, he looked her up and down before he shook his head, a coy smirk playing at the corner of his mouth. “It doesn’t matter” he mused softly “I would have had to get up eventually. Are you wearing my shirt?” he added, his eyebrow cocked playfully.

Cassie, who’d moved to lean against the frame of the door, followed the line of his stare before she offered him a slightly nonchalant shrug. “It was the first thing I found when I woke up and I figured you’d not mind me putting it on for a little while” she mused.

Sergio, who’d been quietly admiring her, spared her a small shake of his head. “I don’t mind” he mused softly “In fact, you look pretty great in it” he added, a kind smile pulling at the corner of his mouth.

Cassie’s cheeks warmed a little at his compliment before she stepped towards him, knotting their fingers together before she carefully pulled him up to his feet. “Come on” she mused softly “I’ve made a little breakfast and I thought we could enjoy it before I have to start getting ready for work and you have to go” she added, gently tugging on his hand to lead him out of the room before she felt her stomach flip, something which caused her to pause for a second.

Sergio, who’d been following after her, noticed the small pause and tilted his head. “Cass, you Ok?” he posed.

Cassie swallowed a little, trying to stifle the slight sensation of nausea which had washed over her, before she nodded her head, offering him a smile. “I’m fine” she mused softly.

Sergio offered her a dubious look, probing once more if she was OK, something which made Cassie shake her head. “Sergio, I am fine” she mused softly “I promise you that I am. Now, come on. I’d hate to let breakfast go to waste” she added, offering his hand a soft squeeze before she moved to lead him through towards the kitchen.

Sergio spared her another dubious look, doubting her words, before he followed along after her. He knew that there was something up, the way Cassie had paused had made it more than obvious that there was something not quite right with her, but he didn’t want to pry, not wanting to cause a fight between the two of them. He liked what they had, he liked that things were simple and fun, and he didn’t want to push too hard. He didn’t want things between him and Cassie to stumble before they’d really gotten going.

~#~
“Are you sure that you have to go to work right now?”

Cassie, who’d been smoothing out the front of her blouse, quirked an amused smile at the sound of Sergio’s voice before she lifted her head, peeking at him via the mirror which stood ahead of her. It had been a good morning, she and Sergio had enjoyed a quiet and romantic breakfast together, and Cassie had to admit that she had adored it, even if she hadn’t quite felt like herself. She’d enjoyed spending a little more time with the defender.

“I’m sure” she replied softly “And besides, even if I didn’t have to get to work, you’d have to be on your way pretty soon. You’ve got to get to training” she pointed out, turning to look at him.

Sergio, who was perched at the foot of her bed, rolled his eyes playfully, something which made Cassie smile before she stepped towards him, pressing a soft kiss against his lips. Sergio smiled into the soft contact for a couple of seconds before he leant back, gently pushing a couple of loose hairs off of her face before he tilted his head, pressing a light kiss to her cheek. “I ought to get moving” he mumbled quietly, not wanting to disturb the comfortable sense of quiet which had settled around them.

Cassie nodded. “You probably should” she mused softly “When do you think we’ll be able to get together next?” she posed, cuddling into him slightly.

“I’ve got a game on Saturday” Sergio replied “But afterwards, I should be free for the rest of the weekend. Does that sound like a plan?” he asked, gently pressing a light kiss against her temple.

Cassie smiled a little at the small kiss before she nodded her head. “I think it does” she mused gently “I’ll see you then?” she added.

Sergio flashed her a boyish grin before he nodded his head, quipping something about not being able to wait before he moved to lift his bag onto his shoulder. “Adios, Cassie” he quipped before he ducked out of the room.

Cassie watched him go for a couple of seconds before she let out a soft sigh, moving to rest back against the mattress as a slight hit of nausea washed over her. It wasn’t the first time, for a couple of weeks, the sensation of nausea was one which had been familiar to Cassie, and it worried her a little, even if it wasn’t too bad. She was slightly concerned that it didn’t appear to be fading. Closing her eyes, she took a couple of deep breaths before she moved to sit up, her stomach giving another flip.

Sighing a little, she tried to stifle the nauseous feeling, before she pushed herself up to her feet, wordlessly hoping that the sensation passed sooner rather than later.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to FootieJo and Jayme112234 for the comments :)