Somebody Like Me

Thirty: Next Time?

Gently moving to settle down on the couch, Sergio quirked a small smile, his eyes drawn to the sonogram picture which was settled in a frame on the coffee table which stood ahead of him. It hadn’t been very long, after their visit to Elsa, only a few hours had passed, but still the image bought a fond smile to his face, something he doubted would change quickly.

It had been a surprise, when they’d discussed the idea of finding out the sex of the baby, Sergio had been almost certain that Cassie would want to wait, but he had been pleasantly surprised when she’d suggested that they find out, even more so when Elsa had confirmed that they were expecting a little boy. He would have been happy either way, as long as both the baby and Cassie had been healthy, he’d not have cared whether it was a boy or a girl, but he was thrilled by the idea that they were expecting a little boy. He was already counting down the days until the little boy arrived.

“Are you going to stop grinning like that any time soon?”

Sergio, who’d moved to lift the picture into his hand, startled a little at the sound of Cassie’s voice before he turned, his dark eyes settling on where she stood in the doorway, a mug of tea wrapped in her hands. “I could stop” he quipped “But you see, earlier, I got a piece of very exciting news and I think for a little while I am going to be a little giddy about it” he added, a bright grin playing on his features.

Cassie, who’d moved to settle down on the couch beside him, tilted her head. “What piece of news did you receive?” she quipped, playing along.

Sergio chuckled softly before he gently shifted his arms, wrapping them around her waist softly. “My beautiful girlfriend is having a baby” he mumbled softly “And earlier…earlier we found out that that baby was going to be a little boy. Our little boy” he added, pressing a soft kiss against the back of her neck.

Cassie’s cheeks warmed a little at the feeling of the soft kiss before she carefully lifted her head, peeking up at him softly. “You’re happy that peanut is a boy?” she posed quietly, a warm smile pulling at the corner of her mouth.

Sergio shrugged. “I’d have been happy either way” he mused softly “Just as long as you and peanut are alright, I’ll be happy, but I am pretty excited about the idea of having a little boy. What about you?” he posed gently, his thumb gently tracing circles into the material of the sweater she had changed in to. It still felt a little unfamiliar, the idea that they were only a matter of months away from their little boy arriving was still a strange one to both Sergio and Cassie, but he knew that she was excited, even if she was the worrier of the two of them. He knew that she was just as excited as he was when it came to their little peanut.

Cassie watched the soft movements of thumb for a moment before she shrugged. “I’m pretty happy” she mused softly “I mean, part of me wanted a little girl, but I am very happy. I’m sure he’ll be very handsome like his papa” she added, patting his cheek playfully.

Sergio rolled his eyes before he gently captured her hand in his, allowing him to press a soft kiss against her palm. “Maybe it’ll be a girl next time” he mumbled, dusting a few light kisses over her fingers.

Cassie lifted an eyebrow. “Next time?” she quipped.

Sergio tilted his head, rerunning his words through his head, before he blinked. “Cassie…”

“You think about things like that?” Cassie interrupted softly as she turned a little more, her green eyes levelling with his darker ones.

Sergio was quiet for a couple of seconds, mulling over her question briefly, before he shrugged his shoulders. “On occasion” he mused softly “But I know that things like that…they’re a long way off. We’re got to get through him coming yet” he added, his dark eyes flicking down towards her bump. He knew that their future was a long way off, with things between them still being new and the baby to think about, Sergio knew that it would be a while before they contemplated their future, but he had to admit that it had crossed his mind, even if he knew that Cassie wanted to take things slowly. A small part of him couldn’t help but think ahead a little.

Cassie followed the line of his stare for a second before she gently lifted her hand, resting it against his cheek so that she could tilt his face up. “What do you think about?” she posed softly.

Sergio’s cheeks tinted a soft shade of pink before he shook his head. “All sorts of things” he mumbled softly “I mean, I think of little things, like the colours I am going to use when I paint a nursery for him and then I think of bigger things like…like the possibility of us moving in together in the near future” he admitted, his dark eyes briefly peeking towards her before he dropped them towards his hand which still sat happily on her bump.

Cassie tilted her head. “The near future?” she posed softly “You…you’re thinking about asking me to move in with you?” she posed.

Sergio shook his head. “I wasn’t going to ask any time soon” he insisted softly “I mean, I know that you want to take things carefully slowly, and I agree with you, but I guess a part of me thinks…thinks that it would make sense if we were living together when peanut arrived. I know it is very soon, we’ve only been together properly for a couple of months and the last thing I want to do is push you into something you’re not ready for, but it made sense to me. We spend most nights together anyway and I guess it thought it made sense to me that we ended up living together” he babbled, the blush on his cheeks darkening slightly.

Cassie admired the soft expression on his face for a couple of seconds before she carefully leant into him, pressing a soft kiss against his lips. Sergio stilled a little, not quite expecting the soft kiss, but he warmed to it quickly, something which caused Cassie to smile a little before she leant away, her fingertips gently brushing the dark hair off of his forehead. “You’re adorable, do you know that?” she posed softly.

Sergio shook his head. “Cassie…”

“I love the idea that you’re thinking ahead, Sergio” she interrupted softly “I mean, you’re right, it’s still very early on to be thinking about it, but I like that you are. I think it is very sweet” she fussed softly.

Sergio shook his head softly, something which caused Cassie to press a soft kiss against his cheek. “It is too soon right now, Sergio” she mumbled softly “I mean, we’re still new together and I think we’ve still got a way to go when it comes to figuring us out, but, if, in a few months, things are still working between us, then I’d love you to ask. It’s not a no it’s…”

“A not right now” Sergio interrupted, offering her a small smile.

Cassie nodded her head in agreement before she leant into him, sneaking a quick kiss before she ducked away, mumbling about calling her father before she stepped out of the room. Sergio watched after her quietly, briefly mulling over her words, before he nodded his head, a small smile playing at the corner of his mouth. He knew that she had a point, it was still too soon for the two of them to be considering taking too many steps forwards, but still he was optimistic that they’d get there eventually, even if it did take them a while.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to Jayme112234 and FootieJo for the comments :)