Somebody Like Me

Thirty Six: Think About It

Gently swirling her feet around in the cool water of the pool which sat ahead of her, Cassie let out a gentle sigh, her ears doused by the soft sounds of the warm summer’s morning. It was early, usually too early for Cassie on a day off, but when she had woken up with a series of cramps, she had known that she wasn’t going to get back to sleep easily, even if the prospect of remaining curled up against Sergio was appealing, she doubted that she would find a way to get herself comfortable again before the sound of Sergio’s alarm clock filled the room.

It had been a couple of weeks, after Sergio had run into Pilar, things had been a little odd between the two of them for a couple of days, but Cassie was pleased that it hadn’t lasted long, even if they still hadn’t talked about it, she was pleased that things between her and Sergio seemed to be alright.

Kicking her feet softly in the water, she closed her eyes for a couple of moments before the sound of the sliding door opening and closing reached her ears, causing her to blink a couple of times before she lifted her head, peeking towards Sergio who stood a little away from her, a sleepy expression playing on his features.

Admiring him for a couple of seconds, she quirked a small grin before she shook her head. “You’re up early” she mused softly.

Sergio, who’d moved to sit down beside her, nodded. “I am” he confirmed softly “But so are you. I turned over to check on you and you were gone. Is everything alright?” he posed gently, his brown eyes settling on her hand which sat on top of her bump, gently rubbing over the material of the t-shirt she wore.

Cassie followed his eye line before she nodded her head. “Everything is fine, Sergio” she mused softly “I mean, I woke up a little earlier because I was in a little bit of pain, but it’s common now. We’re getting pretty close to him coming along and for the next couple of months, I’m probably not going to be the most comfortable, but it’s nothing I can’t handle” she mused softly.

Sergio, who’d moved to rest his hand atop hers, offered her a slightly dubious look, something which made Cassie smile a little before she gently turned her hand over, squeezing his lightly. “I’m fine, Sese, really” she enthused softly, a gentle laugh falling out of her mouth.

Sergio offered her another soft look before he nodded his head, his fingers shyly playing with hers. “You’d tell me if you weren’t?” he posed softly.

“Of course I would” Cassie replied softly “But right now, I’m fine and you’ve got other things to focus on. You’ve still got to finish packing, haven’t you?” she posed as she shuffled a little closer to him, her head gently resting against his shoulder.

“I do” Sergio noted softly “But I’ve still got some time to spare. Why don’t we head back inside? I could make us breakfast before I have to get going” he offered as he wrapped an arm around her waist, offering her a soft squeeze before he gently pushed himself up to his feet, his hand gently extending back towards her.

Cassie eyed his hand for a second before she placed hers in it, allowing Sergio to gently pull her up before she took a pace towards him, cuddling into him slightly. “You know, I think I am going to miss you fussing over me when peanut arrives” she mused softly “I mean, you can be a little annoying from time to time, but most of the time it is pretty cute” she added, sparing him an impish smile.

Sergio rolled his eyes playfully before he carefully ducked into her, pressing a soft kiss against her lips. Cassie stumbled slightly, not quite expecting the gentle kiss, but she was quick to wrap her arms around his neck, allowing her to steady herself slightly before she carefully pulled away from him. “What was that for?” she mused, her fingers gently pushing a couple of hairs off of his forehead.

“Sometimes I kind of just want to kiss you” Sergio replied with a nonchalant shrug “Is that a problem?” he added, a smirk appearing on his face.

Cassie rolled her eyes gently before she poked his side, mumbling something about him needing to get moving before she carefully pulled away from him, padding back into the house.

Sergio, who lagged a few paces behind her, admired her briefly before he quirked a small smile, jogging to catch up with her. It had been a little awkward, after he had run into Pilar, things between him and Cassie had been a little awkward for a couple of days, but he was pleased that things seemed to be back to normal, even if they’d avoided the topic of his ex-girlfriend. He was thrilled that things between him and Cassie seemed as good as ever.

~#~
Letting out a small sigh, Cassie spared a glance down towards the pile of clothes which sat on the ground ahead of her, a frustrated expression perched on her features. It wasn’t the first time, with her and Sergio tending to spend most nights together in his home, she often tended to run out of clothes which she packed into her bag, but she was a little irked that she hadn’t noticed it until then. She was already running slightly behind.

“You’ve run out of clothes again?”

Cassie, who’d been sifting through her bag in search of anything clean, startled a little at the sound of Sergio’s voice before she looked up, offering him a small nod. “It would appear so” she quipped “I’ll just have to pull something on and head back to my place, but it does mean that I am going to have to go now. You’ll call me when you land?” she posed, offering him a soft look.

She knew that it was a little silly, with Sergio due to head away for a week with Real Madrid for pre-season, she had been hoping to spend some time with him that morning, and she was slightly disappointed by the idea that she didn’t have time, even if he was only going to be gone for a matter of days. She was pretty certain she would miss having him around.

Sergio, who’d been zipping up his own suitcase, quirked a small smile before he nodded. “Of course I will” he noted “And I will probably call you more than once every day whilst I am out there. I’ve sort of gotten used to seeing you every day, nena” he added impishly.

Cassie rolled her eyes softly before she flicked her attention back down towards the bag which sat on the floor ahead of her, trying to stuff her clothes back into it.

Sergio watched her for a couple of seconds before he shook his head. “Why don’t you just move in here?” he posed, disturbing the quiet which had settled over the two of them.

Cassie, who’d moved to pull the zip around her on her bag, jumped at the sound of his voice before she lifted her head. “Huh?” she spluttered.

Sergio shrugged softly. “You spend most of your nights here, Cassie” he mused softly “And even on your days off, you seem to be here, and I just…I think it would make a lot more sense if we stopped putting it off and just moved in together” he babbled softly. He knew that it was a big step forwards, with Cassie being pregnant, it was easy to overlook the idea that they’d only been together for a matter of months, but it was one that he was confident that they could make work, even if it was a little fast. He liked the idea of Cassie, and later, the baby, being around all of the time.

Cassie blinked a couple of times, trying to wrap her head around his words, before she looked up at him. “You…you want me to move in here?” she posed softly.

“I do” Sergio confirmed with a soft nod “I mean, I know it is pretty quick, but I just think it would make sense. We’re good together, and, in a couple of months, our little boy is going to be here and I just…I know it is a big step, Cass, and I know that you want to take our time, but I think that it is a good step for us” he explained, a soft expression perched on his features. He knew that he had surprised her, the look on her face confided it, but he wanted to broach the subject, even if she did turn him down. He wanted her to know where he was in terms of their relationship.

Cassie spared him another soft look, her mind whirring with his words, before she shook her head softly. “Sergio…”

“I am not going to push you for an answer right now, Cassie” he interrupted softly “I mean, this is a huge thing, but I’d like to know that you’re at least going to give it some thought. I think it could be good for us, Cass” he added, offering her a small hopeful smile.

Cassie admired the soft look on his face for a moment before she nodded her head softly. “I will think about it, Sese” she mused softly “But right now…”

“You have to get going” Sergio finished for her “I’ll see you when I get back, nena” he added, offering her another boyish smile.

Cassie returned his smile hesitantly before she leant into him, pressing a soft kiss against his lips as she tried to wrap her head around the idea that he was ready to take the next step forwards in their relationship.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to Jayme112234 and FootieJo for the comments :)