Somebody Like Me

Fifty Four: You Mean Him

“Are you sure that you want to do this tonight?” Sergio posed as he sat down in the seat beside Noah’s crib, his dark eyes settled on Cassie who stood a little away from, getting the little boy ready to go out. It had been a couple of days, after they’d celebrated the new year, a little under a week had passed, but with Real Madrid due to play a home match that night, Cassie had suggested that it would be a good time to take Noah to his first match, something which thrilled Sergio, even if he was slightly worried about how the baby would react to being in the noisy stadium. It was something he’d been waiting on since Noah had put in his first appearance.

Cassie, who’d been pulling a pair of socks onto Noah’s feet, quirked a small smile at his question before she nodded her head gently. “I’m sure” she mused softly “Besides, I thought you wanted us there?” she added as sat Noah up slightly, offering Sergio a small impish smile over her shoulder.

Sergio nodded his head. “I do want you there” he confirmed “You know that I’ve wanted Noah at a match since he came along, but it is something that we could put off for a little while. He’s still very small, Cass, and if you wanted to wait a little longer, it’d be fine with me” he fussed softly.

Cassie’s smile widened a little at the sound of his fussing before she gently padded towards him, placing Noah carefully into his arms before she ducked, pressing a soft kiss against his cheek. “I want to go tonight” she mumbled softly “It’s been a little while since I went to a match and I miss it, and I know it means a lot to you to have Noah at his first match. I want to go, Sese” she added, gently brushing some of his dark hair off of his forehead.

Sergio offered her a look, wordlessly mulling over her words, before he nodded his head, something which made Cassie smile softly before she pressed another soft kiss against his cheek. “We’ll be fine, Sese” she fussed softly “My papa, he’s coming along with us before he goes home in the morning, and I’m sure that Noah will love it. Besides, even if he doesn’t, we’ve learnt that he looks pretty adorable in his little shirt” she added, her green eyes peeking down towards Noah who sat in Sergio’s arms, a soft smile on his face.

“He always look adorable, Cass” he fussed gently “I mean, he’s half you after all, but he does look even cuter in his shirt” he added, offering her an impish smile.

Cassie’s cheeks warmed a little at the small compliment before the sound of his phone buzzing reached ears, causing her to shake her head a little. “You need to get moving” she mused softly.

“I do” Sergio confirmed “You’re 100% sure about coming tonight?” he added as he stood up, gently moving to settle Noah into her arms before he moved to collect his bag which he had left beside the door.

“I’m certain” Cassie mused “Me and Noah, we’ll see you after the game. Good look, Sergio” she added, offering him a warm smile.

Sergio admired her smile for a brief second before he stepped towards her, pressing a soft kiss against her lips. Cassie smiled into the kiss, holding onto him for a couple of seconds longer than Sergio had been expecting, before she ducked back slightly, gently nudging him towards the door.

Sergio rolled his eyes playfully before he ducked down, gently kissing the top of Noah’s head before he ducked out of the room.

Cassie watched him go with a fond smile before she flicked her attention back towards Noah who sat in her arms, his tiny hand pulling at a loose piece of her dark hair. Allowing a small giggle to fall out of her mouth, she leant forwards slightly and pressed a gentle kiss against his head, mumbling something about him being a lot like his father.

~#~
Shifting in her seat slightly, Cassie chewed on her lip, her green eyes glued to the pitch which sat ahead of her, watching as Madrid launched another attack. It was still relatively early in the season, with it only being January, the major titles weren’t going to be decided for months, but still she was anxious to see Real Madrid do well, even if they weren’t the team she supported, she knew that Real’s success meant a lot to her boyfriend.

Gently smoothing out the dark hair which sat on the top of Noah’s head, she ensured that the little boy was content, before she flicked her eyes back towards the pitch, frowning a little as Gareth managed to squirrel a shot wide.

“You know that this isn’t a cup final, right?”

Cassie jumped a little at the sound of her father’s voice before she shook her head, offering him a small glance. “I know that” she mumbled softly.

“You should try telling that to your face” Alonso quipped “You look like you’re watching a penalty shootout in the world cup final” he added, his voice bright and teasing as he leant across slightly, moving to lift Noah into his arms.

Cassie watched her father for a couple of seconds before she shrugged her shoulders softly. “I know it is not the biggest game” she mused gently “I mean, even if they do lose, there’s still a lot of time to make up for it before the title is awarded, but I want to see them do well, even if they’re not my team” she added softly, her green eyes flicking back towards the pitch.

“You mean, you want to see him do well” Alonso corrected with a warm smile.

Cassie’s cheeks warmed a little before she shrugged, something which made Alonso smile gently before he shook his head, gently settling his attention on Noah who kicked a little in his lap, a small pout on his face. He knew that it was still soon, Sergio and Cassie were still a couple of months away from having been together for a year, but he doubted that it would be too much longer before he found himself walking his little girl down the aisle.

~#~
Mumbling softly to Noah, Cassie spared a glance towards the door, waiting for Sergio to step through it. It had been a good match, after a slightly tricky first half, Real had pulled away in the second, and Cassie was pleased for them, more so for Sergio who’d scored the first goal of the game.

“The captain is on his way”

Cassie, who’d moved to try and settle a slightly fussy Noah, lifted her head at the sound of Luka’s voice, before she quirked a small smile. “He is?” she posed.

“He’s just wrapping up an interview, but he should be up in a couple of minutes. He’s looking forwards to seeing you two” Luka quipped with a polite smile before he stepped away.

Cassie nodded her head gently before she carefully ducked down, pressing a soft kiss against Noah’s head in an attempt to soothe him a little. “It’s alright, Noah” she mumbled softly, her finger lightly brushing against the little boy’s cheek “Your papa, he’ll be here in a little bit and then we can go home and you can get some sleep” she added, gently adjusting the little shirt that he wore.

Sergio, who’d stepped into the room, watched the two of them quietly for a second before he stepped towards them, his hand gently landing on her lower back. “Someone looks a little grumpy” he mumbled, pressing a soft kiss against Cassie’s shoulder.

“I think he’s tired” Cassie replied softly “I mean, he was great during the game, but it’s starting to get a little late and I think he’d like to get home in the near future” she added.

Sergio nodded his head. “I’m sure that that can be arranged” he fussed softly “But he enjoyed the game?” he added, gently moving to lift Noah into his arms.

Cassie smiled a little before she nodded her head. “He did” she confirmed gently “I mean, he got a little frightened when you scored, but he seemed to have a great time, something which means you might have to get used to us being around here” she added playfully.

Sergio laughed gently before he pressed a light kiss to Noah’s cheek. “I think that that is something I could manage” he quipped playfully.

Cassie rolled her eyes gently before she moved to take a hold of his hand, leading him towards the carpark.

“What happened to your papa?” Sergio posed as he followed after her.

“He said that he had an early flight in the morning and that he wanted to get an early night. He went back to his hotel at about half time” Cassie explained softly.

Sergio nodded his head quietly before he pulled her to a stop, leaning down to press a soft kiss against her lips. Cassie startled, not quite expecting the gentle kiss, but she warmed to it quickly, holding him close for a couple of seconds before the sound of her name reached her ears, causing her to duck back slightly, her green eyes scanning the area they stood in before they settled on the man who stood a little away from them, a soft grin on his face. “I thought it was you” he quipped “Cassie, it’s been too long” he fussed brightly.

Cassie blinked a couple of times in surprise before she shook her head, a wide smile appearing on her lips. “Javier” she squeaked brightly before she stepped towards him, wrapping him in a tight hug.

Sergio, who’d watched the exchange, furrowed his forehead slightly before a frown appeared on his face, not quite sure what to make of Javier.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to Jayme112234 and FootieJo for the comments :)