Somebody Like Me

Sixty Nine: You Worry Too Much

Ensuring that Noah was settled on his hip, Sergio carefully nudged the bedroom door open, trying not to make too much noise. It was still early, with it being Cassie’s 30th birthday, Sergio had ensured that he was the first one to get out of bed, and whilst he was a little reluctant to disturb her, he wanted to see her before he departed for training, wanting to wish her a happy birthday. It had been a few days, after they’d decided to start tentatively planning their wedding, a little under a week had passed, but Sergio was pleased with their progress, even if it was only baby steps forwards. He was pleased that they were starting to look ahead.

Taking extra care to be quiet, he padded around the bed before he carefully sat down, settling Noah in his lap before he gently leant over, softly nudging Cassie’s shoulder. “Cassie” he mumbled softly.

Cassie stirred a little at the feel of his hand against her shoulder before she quietly peeked one of her green eyes open, offering him a slightly glare. “You know what the time is, right?” she grumbled sleepily.

“I do” Sergio confirmed with a soft nod “But I’ve got a couple of errands to run this morning and I wanted to see you before I left. It’s your birthday and I didn’t feel right about ducking out without saying happy birthday to you” he added, offering her a small smile.

Cassie, who’d rolled onto her back, blinked sleepily before she carefully pushed herself up, resting her back against the pillow.

Sergio offered her a small amused glance before Noah let out a soft sound, pulling his attention down towards him. “I think someone would like to wish his mama a happy birthday” he mused warmly as he carefully lifted Noah up, offering him to Cassie who was quick to wrap her arms around him, offering him a soft hug.

Sergio watched the two of them for a moment, a soft grin pulling at the corner of his mouth before he carefully leant over, pressing a soft kiss against Cassie’s cheek. “Happy birthday, nena” he mused softly, lightly brushing a few loose hairs away from her face.

Cassie’s cheeks warmed at the soft contact, something which made Sergio’s smile widen slightly before he pressed another kiss against the warm skin. “I’m sorry I have to duck out so soon” he mumbled softly “I mean, I’d love to stick around, but I’ve got a couple of things that I need to sort out for tonight. You don’t mind, do you?” he posed gently. He knew that she didn’t want too much fuss, whenever the topic of her birthday arose in conversation, Cassie was quick to insist that she didn’t want him to go overboard, but still Sergio wanted to make a little bit of fuss, even if he had opted for something a little more subtle. It was her birthday after all, and he wanted to mark it.

Cassie, who’d been quietly cooing to Noah, lifted her head at the sound of his question before she lifted an eyebrow. “Tonight?” she posed.

Sergio offered her a boyish grin before he nodded. “I’ve got plans” he quipped playfully “Noah’s going to spend a couple of hours with Fernando, and I am going to take my lovely girlfriend out. Why, did you have other plans?” he posed, moving to collect his shoes which sat outside of the wardrobe.

Cassie shook her head. “You know that I didn’t” she noted “But I am hoping that you’ve not done anything too over the top” she added, her voice slightly fretful.

Sergio let out a small laugh before he ducked into her, sneaking a quick kiss. “You worry too much” he teased brightly before he pushed himself away, moving to pad out of the room.

Cassie watched him go for a moment before she quietly shook her head, flicking attention towards Noah who sat in her lap, babbling happily to himself. Watching him for a second, she quirked a soft smile before she leant forwards, kissing his forehead gently, mumbling softly about him being a lot like his father.

~#~
“Are you going to tell me where we’re going yet?”

Sergio, who was steering the car, smirked a little at the frustrated tone of Cassie’s voice before he shook his head. “I’m not going to tell you until we get there, Cassie” he quipped “It’s not too much of a surprise if I tell you about it, is it?” he added, his voice bright and amused.

Cassie, who was sat in the passenger seat, rolled her eyes softly before she folded her arms over her chest, something which made Sergio laugh before he gently shifted his hand, poking her leg softly. “You know, I’ve always liked your pout” he teased gently.

Cassie offered him another glance, trying to keep the pout on her face, but it was quick to fall, something which made Sergio smirk triumphantly. “You can’t stay mad at me” he boasted playfully before he steered the car into a carpark, pulling it to a stop. Cassie watched the car stop before she peeked out of the window, her eyes widening a little before she turned her head, her green eyes peeking towards Sergio who smiled at her warmly. “Surprise” he breathed gently.

Cassie blinked a couple of times, trying to get over her surprise, before she shook her head. “You remember this place?” she posed gently.

Sergio nodded. “I do” he mused gently “It’s a little difficult to forget the place that I kissed you for the first time” he added sheepishly, a small hint of pink on his cheeks.

Cassie admired the soft expression on his face before she shook her head, moving to press a gentle kiss against his cheek. “You’re adorable” she mumbled softly before she knocked the car door open, allowing her to make her way towards the bench which sat a little away from them.

Sergio, who’d moved to collect a couple of things from the boot of the car, admired her for a couple of moments before he made his way towards her, sitting down at her side. “I’ve got a few things for us to eat” he mused gently.

Cassie, who’d been quietly admiring the setting around them, nodded her head gently, but didn’t say anything, causing Sergio to let out a soft laugh before he leant forwards, pressing a kiss against her shoulder. “You remember our first kiss?” he mumbled, scattering a few light kisses over her shoulder and neck.

Cassie nodded. “I do” she quipped “After you’d replaced the coffee that Marcelo made me spill, you suggested that we go for a walk and you led me here. We must have spent almost an hour sat here talking before you kissed me. If I remember rightly, you made some joke about finding a way to shut me up” she added, offering him a playful glare.

Sergio shrugged. “You talked a lot because you were nervous” he noted “You still talk a lot now when you’re worrying” he added gently, offering a plate of food out towards her.

Cassie took it out of his hand before she nodded her head. “I worry a lot” she mused softly.

“You do” Sergio agreed “More than you should, but I guess it adds to your charm. I’m pretty crazy about you, Cass, just the way you are” he added with a grin.

Cassie shook her head softly. “We’ve come a long way since that first kiss” she mused gently.

Sergio nodded his head in agreement. “We have” he mused “I mean, for the first couple of months, we were just messing around and now…now we’re thinking about weddings and we’ve got Noah. We’ve taken a lot of big steps forwards, Cass” he mused warmly.

Cassie smiled softly at his words before she gently leant over, pressing a kiss against his lips. “I love you” she murmured softly “And I’m pretty certain that that is something that I don’t say enough to you” she added quietly.

Sergio briefly contemplated offering her a quick retort, but opted against it, instead opting to offer her hand a light squeeze, wordlessly returning the sentiment.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to Jayme112234 for the comment :)