Somebody Like Me

Seventy: It’s Not Too Far Away

Chewing on the end of her pen, Cassie allowed a soft sigh to fall out of her mouth, her green eyes scanning the piece of paper which sat on the table ahead of her. She had been at it for a while, with Sergio having the morning off ahead of Real Madrid’s match that night, she had spent a little over an hour focused on list of things that she and Sergio had to plan ahead of their wedding, and already she felt a little overwhelmed, even if the planning process was still in its early phases. She felt more than a little overwhelmed by the idea of putting together their wedding day. She knew that it was something she wanted to do, after the offer from Paris, she had wanted to make a start on the planning, but she was slightly daunted by the task ahead of them, even if they’d yet to pick a date. The idea of planning a wedding seemed like a lot.

Allowing another soft sigh to fall out of her mouth, she gently rubbed the bridge of her nose before the sound of Noah’s giggles reached her ears, causing her to lift her head, her green eyes settling on Sergio who stood in the doorway, Noah balanced on his hip. “I thought you two were having lunch?” she posed softly.

“We were” Sergio confirmed “But me and Noah thought we’d come and see what has mama so busy that she can’t spent time with us. You’ve been in here for a while, Cass” he added as stepped a little deeper into the room, carefully settling down in the seat beside her.

Cassie, who’d moved to lift Noah out of his arms, shook her head softly. “I was just looking over the list of things we’d need to plan for the wedding” she mused softly “I mean, I know we’re still in the early stages of planning, but I thought I’d take a look at what we’re up against” she added, gently straightening out Noah’s shirt.

Sergio smiled a little at the mention of their wedding before he nodded his head. “It’s a lot, isn’t it?” he posed gently.

Cassie snorted. “That might be an understatement” she quipped “We’ve still got to pick a date, then we’ve got to find a venue and send invitations. Then there’s food, flowers, dresses, suits…it’s an awful lot to do” she added gently, her green eyes peeking up at him softly.

Sergio mulled her words over quietly for a couple of seconds before he gently shifted his hand, taking a hold of her spare one which fiddled shyly with the couch cushion. He knew that she was a little apprehensive, whenever the topic of their wedding came up in conversation, she still seemed a little uncertain, but Sergio wanted to encourage her, even if they were only making small steps forwards, he wanted to encourage her to think ahead slightly. “It is a lot” he agreed gently “But I think that it is something we could probably handle” he added, offering her hand a light squeeze.

“You do?” Cassie posed softly.

“I do” Sergio confirmed “I mean, it’s going to take a little work, and I’m pretty sure that you’ll get frustrated more than once, but I am sure that we’ll get there. Besides, with my madre, sister, Mia and Sara, we’ve got more than enough people who will be willing to offer us all the help we need” he added, his voice warm and encouraging.

Cassie offered him a small look, briefly contemplating his words, before she nodded her head. “You’re probably right” she mused softly.

“It does happen every now and again” Sergio joked warmly.

Cassie spared a soft laugh before Noah let out a gentle sound, pulling his parents’ attention down towards him. Smiling at the little boy softly, Cassie pressed a light kiss to the side of his head before she gently pushed herself up, moving to settle Noah down beside his toys before she sat opposite him, offering a toy out towards him.

Sergio, who’d hung back, watched the two of them for a couple of moments before he quietly shook his head, a small warm smile pulling at the corner of his mouth. It was still a little strange, despite the fact that Noah was nearing his first birthday, the idea that he and Cassie had had a baby still felt a little surreal to the defender, but he had to admit that he was beyond happy with the way things had worked out, even if he and Cassie had hit a few bumps along the way. He doubted that he could have been prouder of the way things had worked for them. “What are your feelings about December?” he posed softly, breaking the quiet which had settled over the room.

Cassie, who’d been babbling contently to Noah, lifted her head at the sound of his voice before she tilted it, offering him a slightly confused look. “Huh?” she posed softly.

Sergio, who’d moved to sit down beside her, offered her a small smile before he shook his head. “What do you think about the month of December?” he rephrased softly.

Cassie offered him another slightly confused look, something which made Sergio chuckle. “Don’t think so hard, Cass” he teased, poking the side of her head playfully “I don’t want you to hurt yourself” he added playfully.

Cassie offered him a small glare before she shook her head. “Why are you asking me about December?” she posed softly.

Sergio shrugged. “I was just thinking” he mused softly “I mean, I’ve made no secret of the fact that I want us to be married sooner rather than later, and I thought that maybe December would be a good time. It’s still a little way away, meaning that we’d have time to make sure that everything was planned just right, but it isn’t too far away, something which makes me pretty happy” he added, offering her a small impish smile.

Cassie admired the soft smile he wore before she shook her head, her cheeks tinting a soft shade of pink. “You like December?” she posed softly.

Sergio nodded his head. “I do” he confirmed softly “But if it isn’t right for you, we can think of something else. I’m sure that we’ll think of something eventually” he babbled, his voice slightly shy.

Cassie smiled a little at the nervousness in his voice before she carefully leant towards him, pressing a light kiss against his lips. Sergio stilled a little, slightly surprised by the kiss, before he ducked back, tilting his head slightly, something which made Cassie giggle before she shook her head. “I think that December sounds good, Sergio” she mused softly “I mean, it’ll take a lot of work to make sure that we’ve got everything sorted out, but I like it” she added gently.

Sergio offered her a small glance, wordlessly asking if she was certain, before he quirked a small smile, offering her hand a light squeeze. He knew that it was going to take a little work, a wedding was something which required a lot of planning, but he was confident that they’d figure things out, even if it did seem a little daunting, he was sure that they’d get things figured out.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to FootieJo and mslou1 for the comments :)