Somebody Like Me

Seventy Five: Aren’t You Pleased To See Me?

Carefully adjusting Noah on her hip, Cassie nudged the door to her hotel room open, a small relieved sigh falling out of her mouth. It had been a long morning, with Spain having reached the semi-finals of the World Cup, Cassie and Noah had flown out ahead of the match, and she was glad that she had finally arrived, even if it would be a little while longer before she and Sergio found themselves in the same room, she knew that both she and Noah were in a need of a nap.

Carefully pushing the door open, she moved to settle Noah down onto the couch before she moved to retrieve their bags, settling them beside the door before she knocked it closed, another small relieved sound falling out of her mouth.

It had been a tough few weeks, with Sergio away with the national team, Cassie had been distracted by her friends and wedding planning, but still the idea of seeing Sergio face to face was tempting, even if she knew that she couldn’t prove to be a distraction to him, she had missed seeing him. It had been tougher than she was expecting, with Sergio away, Cassie had found herself missing him more than she had expected, and she was looking forwards to seeing him again. Part of her couldn’t wait to hug him or kiss him again.

Ensuring that she had closed the door behind her, she closed her eyes for a couple of seconds before the sound of Noah’s cries reached her ears, causing her to shake her head lightly before she padded a little further into the room, moving to lift the crying baby into her arms.

“You’re tired, aren’t you?” she murmured softly, pressing a light kiss against Noah’s cheek “I mean, I don’t blame you. We had a pretty early start this morning” she added, gently smoothing out his dark hair.

Noah stirred a little at the feel of her fingers, his greenish blue eyes peeking up at her before he lifted his hands, rubbing his eyes sleepily. Cassie watched him for a couple of seconds, smiling a little at how cute he looked, before she pressed a light kiss against his forehead. “Come on” she mused softly “Your papa doesn’t finish training for a couple of hours and I am sure that you’d love to get a little more sleep. You don’t want to be all fussy for papa, do you?” she added as she carefully stepped into the bedroom, moving to settle the little boy down in the crib.

Noah grumbled quietly for a couple of seconds, not liking being in the crib, before he allowed a small yawn to fall out of his mouth, something which caused Cassie to smile gently before she leant down, kissing the top of his head lightly. “Dulces sueños, little one” she mumbled quietly. Noah made a little sound before he quietly fell asleep, affording Cassie the opportunity to pad towards the bed.

Settling down on the mattress, she pulled her phone out of her pocket, sending a quick message to Sergio before she moved to cuddle up to her pillow, a soft yawn falling out of her mouth. She knew that it was a little silly, since Sergio had left, the two of them had spoken frequently via video chat, but still she was looking forwards to seeing him face to face again, even if it was only to be a couple of hours. She was just looking forwards to being in the same room as him again.

~#~
Furrowing her forehead slightly, Cassie blinked her green eyes open, her ears doused by the sound of someone knocking at the door. It had been a couple of hours, after she and Noah had arrived, she had been quick to settle down for a nap, and she was a little surprised to be awake so soon. She had been hoping for a little longer to sleep. Allowing a yawn to fall out of her mouth, she ensured that Noah was still asleep before she sat up, quietly brushing a hand through her hair before she quickly pulled it up into a ponytail.

Blinking a couple of times, she tried to wake up a little before she pushed herself up to her feet, padding through the quiet hotel room before she pulled the door open. “Can I help you?” she posed, trying to stifle another yawn.

Sergio, who was stood on the other side of the door, quirked a grin at the sound of her voice before he shook his head. “I’m disturbing you?” he quipped.

Cassie, who’d been looking down at her feet, whipped her head up at the sound of Sergio’s voice, something which made the defender laugh before he shook his head, stepping over the threshold. “You know, I am going to take that silence as a sign that you’re pleased to see me” he mused as he padded a little further into the room.

Cassie blinked a couple of times, still slightly surprised by the sight of him, before she shook her head, a small smile appearing at the corner of her mouth. “I wasn’t expecting you for a little while yet” she mused “I thought you were going to be busy until this evening?” she added, following him a little further into the room.

“I was supposed to be” Sergio quipped “But we finished things up early and with no training until tomorrow afternoon, the coaching staff gave us permission to take a little out and I thought I could come and see you. You’re not pleased to see me?” he posed, offering her another boyish grin.

Cassie admired the grin he wore for a brief second before she shook her head. “You’re an idiot, aren’t you?” she posed, a grin on her face.

Sergio let out another laugh before he nodded his head. “Probably” he played along “But I am your idiot. It’s good to see you, nena” he added warmly.

Cassie shook her head gently before she stepped towards him, her arms wrapping gently around his neck as his settled around her waist, pulling her into a tight hug. Holding him close for a few seconds, Cassie allowed a comfortable silence to settle around the two of them before she pulled back slightly, her green eyes peeking up at him. “Hola” she breathed softly.

Sergio peeked down at her, his dark eyes surveying her face, before he ducked down, pressing a soft kiss against her lips. “Hola” he breathed softly, his fingers lightly brushing a couple of hairs which had escaped from her ponytail off of her face

Cassie’s cheeks warmed a little at the feel of his fingers before she shook her head, pulling him into another soft hug. “I’m glad to see you” she breathed softly “I mean, I know we’ve been talking but…”

“I know” Sergio interrupted “And I’m glad to see you too, Cass. It’s been too long” he added, his fingers brushing up and down her back slightly.

Cassie smiled a little at his words before she cuddled into him, something which encouraged Sergio to wrap his arms tighter around her before he pressed a soft kiss against the top of her head. “How was the flight?” he posed, breaking the comfortable silence which had settled over them.

“It was alright” Cassie replied “I mean, Noah didn’t love flying, but it was alright” she added as she took a step back from him, allowing another soft yawn to fall out of her mouth.

“He was fussy?” Sergio posed gently.

Cassie shook her head. “It was new for him” she mused gently “And he didn’t sleep very well on the plane, but he settled pretty quickly once we arrived here and he’s been asleep for a couple of hours. He should be awake pretty soon. I’m sure he’s looking forwards to seeing you” she added gently.

Sergio nodded his head softly, something which caused Cassie to shake her head a little before she stepped towards him, knotting their fingers together. “Come on” she mused softly before she took a couple of steps, leading him into the bedroom where Noah slept.

Sergio followed after her quietly for a few steps before he dropped her hand, padding towards the crib. Offering Noah a light smile, he carefully ducked down and pressed a soft kiss against the top of his head. “Hola, Noah” he breathed softly.

Cassie, who’d dropped back a couple of steps, watched Sergio for a couple of seconds before she stepped up to his side, gently nudging his arm. Sergio smiled a little at the nudge before he lifted his arm, wrapping it around her as he pressed a small kiss against the side of her head, wordlessly musing about how pleased he was to see her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to FootieJo and Jayme112234 for the comments :)