Somebody Like Me

Eighty Two: We Can Do It Again

Quietly studying the sonogram picture which sat in her hand, Cassie nibbled on her lip quietly, her mind still whirring with the idea that they were expecting twins, something which hadn’t quite settled in. It had been a few hours, after their appointment with Elsa, she and Sergio had spent the afternoon attempting to wrap their heads around the news, but still Cassie didn’t quite know what to make of it, even if she was thrilled by the idea of their little family getting bigger. The idea that they were expecting twins was one which had knocked her for six.

It was a lot, the idea that they were expecting two babies rather than one, and whilst she was thrilled by the idea of her pregnancy, a small part of her was a little worried about how they’d cope with 3 children, even if things between her and Sergio were settled and happy, she was a little concerned by how they’d cope with 3 young children.

Sparing another glance down towards the picture which sat in her hand, she brushed her thumb over the image before the sound of a tap at the door reached her ears, causing her to lift her head, her green eyes settling on Sergio who stood in the door way, Noah balanced on his hip. “This is where you’re hiding” he mused softly.

“I’m not hiding” Cassie replied softly “I was just feeling a little tired and so I thought I’d come up here for a nap. Is everything alright?” she posed, making a little space for him at her side.

Sergio, who’d moved to settle down beside her, quirked a small smile before he nodded his head. “Of course it is” he mused gently “We just thought we’d come and see what you’re up to, didn’t we, Noah?” he quipped, gently settling the little boy down on the mattress. Noah offered his parents a small smile before he crawled up towards Cassie’s side, something which caused her to wrap her arms around him, lifting him into her lap.

Sergio watched the two of them for a couple of seconds before he spotted the sonogram picture which sat beside Cassie, something which caused him to duck forwards, lifting it into his hand. “Have you actually put this down since we got home?” he posed softly.

Cassie, who’d moved to fuss over Noah, startled a little at the sound of his voice before she lifted her head, offering him a small shrug. “I like looking at it” she mused gently “I mean, I know that it’s not exactly our first time, but I love seeing it, even if it is a little blurry. This is our first picture of our two new little ones and for me, that’s pretty exciting. It’s not exciting for you?” she posed, her voice soft and curious.

Sergio noted the softness in her voice before he nodded his head, offering her a reassuring smile. “You know that it is, Cass” he mused softly “You know that I love the idea of you being pregnant again, and you know that I can’t wait for the two of them to come along. I’m thrilled, Cassie, even if the idea of twins did surprise me, and I want you to know that. I can’t wait to meet them” he added, his dark eyes peeking down towards her stomach.

He knew that she was a little apprehensive, from the moment that the word ‘twins’ had fallen out of Elsa’s mouth, she had looked a little shy, and he wanted to offer a little reassurance, even if it was going to take a little time for the news that they were expecting twins to settle in, he wanted her to know that he was excited about the new additions to their family.

Cassie offered him a soft look, quietly mulling over his words, before she quietly shook her head, something which caused Sergio to lean towards her slightly, his hand gently taking a hold of hers which fiddled nervously with the duvet cover. “I know that you’re worried” he murmured softly.

Cassie blinked a couple of times. “Sergio…”

“It’s all over your face, Cass” Sergio interrupted softly “So, why don’t you talk to me? You never know, I might be able to help” he added, offering her a small playful.

Cassie spared him another soft look before she gently shook her head. “I’m thrilled about being pregnant” she mused softly “I mean, it’s a little sudden and a little soon after Noah, but I am thrilled about it, but, at the same, a small part of me is a little worried. We’re going to have 3 children, Sese, all under the age of three and it’s a lot” she added, her voice soft and shy.

Sergio allowed her words to hang around them for a few seconds before he nodded his head. “It is a lot” he agreed gently “But, I am pretty confident in us, Cass” he added, offering her hand a slight squeeze.

Cassie tilted her head, something which made Sergio smile softly before he leant towards her, pressing a brief kiss against her lips. “It’s a lot” he repeated softly “But, I am pretty sure that, between the two of us, we can figure out a way to make things work for us. It’s going to take some getting used to, I mean, I still haven’t quite wrapped my head around the idea that there are two little babies growing in there, but I am confident in us, Cassie, even if you’re more cautious. I think we’ll figure it out” he added, his spare hand briefly brushing over the front of her sweater.

Cassie nibbled on her lip for a second, contemplating offering him a retort, but Sergio was quicker, pressing another gentle kiss against her lips. Cassie startled, not quite expecting the soft kiss, but she warmed to it quickly, holding him close for a second. Sergio felt her respond gently and smiled a little, his fingers lightly brushing over the front of her sweater.

“Mama”

Cassie, who’d been a little caught up in kissing Sergio, startled a little at the soft sound before she ducked back, her green eyes mirroring Sergio’s darker ones. “What…what was that?” she breathed softly.

Sergio mirrored her stare for a moment before he shifted his attention towards Noah who sat at her side, his green eyes looking up towards his mother. “I think…I think that Noah just said mama for the first time” he breathed gently.

Cassie blinked a couple of times, slightly surprised by the idea that Noah had said his first word, before she leant down, pressing a kiss against the top of the little boy’s head. Noah giggled a little before he stretched his arms up. “Mama” he squeaked brightly.

Cassie marveled at the soft sound before she lifted him into her arms, mumbling about how proud she was of him.

Sergio watched the two of them for a moment before he shuffled towards them, wrapping an arm around Cassie’s shoulder. “I know that it’s going to take a little getting used to” he mumbled softly, not wanting to disturb the quiet which had settled around them “But I am sure that we can figure it out, Cass. I mean, we figured us out when we found out about Noah, and I’m sure that we can do it again now that we’re expecting these two” he added, his other hand settling against her stomach.

Cassie spared a soft glance down at his hand before she quietly nodded her head, something which made Sergio smile before he pressed a light kiss against her temple. He knew that it was going to take some work, with two new babies on the way, it was going to take some time for him and Cassie to figure things out, but he was confident that they’d manage it. He liked where they were, things between them were good and settled, and he wanted to keep it that way.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to FootieJo for the comment :)