Somebody Like Me

Eighty Three: I Think That’s A First

Blinking his eyes sleepily, Sergio tossed onto his side, his ears doused by the sound of the alarm clock which bleeped irritatingly in the distance. It wasn’t overly early, with Noah sleeping through the night and Cassie having developed a habit of laying in, Sergio had delayed the alarm for as long as he could, but he knew that he had to get up, even if he was warm and comfortable beneath the duvet. He knew that he couldn’t wait any longer to get up.

Allowing a soft yawn to fall out of his mouth, he carefully stretched an arm out of bed before he tapped the top of the alarm clock, stopping the irksome noise before he rolled onto his back, his brown eyes peeking up at the ceiling sleepily. It had been a little while, after they’d found out about the twins, a few weeks had passed, and Sergio had to admit that he was pleased with how things had settled down, even if Cassie did still seem a little apprehensive from time to time, things seemed familiar and comfortable between the two of them.

It still felt a little strange, the idea that Cassie was pregnant for a second time was still one which felt a little unfamiliar to him, but he had to admit that he was excited about the prospect of their little family getting bigger, even if the news that they were expecting twins had knocked him for six. Part of him was already counting down the days until the two new babies arrived.

Staring up at the ceiling for a few moments, he blinked sleepily before he felt the bed shift, something which caused him to tilt his head, his dark eyes settling on Cassie who’d flipped onto her side, her green eyes peeking up at him sleepily. “Buenos dias” she mumbled sleepily.

Sergio quirked a small smile. “Buenos dias” he greeted softly “Did the alarm wake you?” he added, his fingers lightly brushing a few loose hairs off of her face.

Cassie nodded her head. “It did” she mused softly “But it’s alright. Between morning sickness and Noah, I’ll have to be up soon anyways” she added, her eyes blinking sleepily.

Sergio watched her for a couple of seconds before he carefully leant into her, pressing a light kiss against her forehead. “You can lay in if you want to” he offered softly “I mean, I do have to get to training in the near future, but if you want me to, I can take care of Noah whilst you get a little more sleep” he added warmly.

Cassie briefly mulled his offer over for a few moments before she shook her head. “It’s OK” she mused gently.

“You sure?” Sergio posed lightly.

Cassie flashed him a small smile before she felt her stomach flip, something which caused her to push herself up to her feet, quickly making her way into the bathroom. Sergio blinked, slightly surprised by the sudden movement, before he followed after her into the bathroom, quickly settling on the floor at her side, his hand brushing up and down her back. Cassie flinched a little, slightly surprised by the contact, before she tilted her head, offering him a feeble smile. “It’s been a while since we did this” she teased feebly.

Sergio spared a light laugh before he nodded his head. “It has been” he agreed “But, much like you, I’ve not missed it. This bathroom floor isn’t comfortable” he added, his fingertips lightly brushing up and down her back.

Cassie rolled her eyes playfully before she shifted a little, moving to rest her back against the bath, allowing for a comfortable silence to settle over the two of them. Sergio watched her for a moment, wordlessly asking if she was alright, before he flicked his attention down towards her stomach, a light smile pulling at the corner of his mouth. It was only slight, with Cassie approaching 10 weeks pregnant, the bump she carried was still easily hidden beneath her clothes, but the vest top that she wore offered him a good look at it, something which never failed to make him grin.

“You’re grinning”

Sergio, who’d been admiring the small bump, jumped a little at the sound of her voice before he lifted his head, offering her a small shrug. “I forgot how beautiful you looked when you were pregnant” he mused softly “I mean, you’ve not got too much of a bump yet, but already, you’re glowing and I forgot how much I loved that look on you” he added, his voice warm and kind.

Cassie’s cheeks flushed a little at the compliment before she shook her head, something which caused Sergio to smile before he shuffled a little closer to her, his arm gently wrapping around her waist. Cassie smiled a little at the familiar feel of his arm around her waist before she turned into his chest slightly, cuddling into him. “I thought you had to get going” she mumbled, her fingertip lightly tracing the pattern of his tattoo.

Sergio nodded. “I do” he confirmed softly “But, for you, I can be a little late. You want me to go?” he posed, a small playful smirk on his face.

Cassie rolled her eyes playfully, but didn’t shift out of their embrace, something which made Sergio’s smile widen a fraction before he pressed a light kiss against the top of her head. “How is wedding planning coming?” he posed softly, not wanting to disturb the bubble which had settled around the two of them.

Cassie, who’d closed her eyes, quirked a small smile. “It’s coming together” she mused softly “I mean, we finally settled on a venue, so we managed to send out invitations, and everything else seems to be falling into place. All that really remains is for me to find a dress, but with bump growing fast, that’s a little hard. I mean, I can pick a style that I like, but it will have to be altered by the time the day comes around” she added, her hand subconsciously brushing against the front of her shirt.

Sergio watched the movement of her hand before he gently shifted his, placing it atop hers against her bump. “I’m sure that you’ll find something” he murmured softly, his thumb brushing against her bump “And, whatever it is, I’m sure that you’ll look beautiful in it, even more so with this” he added as he ducked down, pressing two soft kisses against her bump.

Cassie shook her head. “I’ll be pretty big by the time our wedding day arrives” she mused softly.

“I think you’ll look beautiful” Sergio contributed sweetly, pressing another light kiss to her bump.

Cassie blushed softly before she shook her head, something which caused Sergio to sit up, offering her a soft look. “You know, we can still postpone things if you want to” he offered gently “I mean, I’d rather not wait, but if you’re worried about your bump…”

“I’m not” Cassie interrupted softly, shaking her head slightly “I just…the bump’s going to be bigger this time. I mean, with two babies, I’m going to grow a little more and I’m just a little conscious of that” she added, her voice a little timid and shy.

Sergio paused for a moment, allowing her words to hang around them for a moment, before he shook his head. “I love you with a bump, Cass” he mused softly “I adored it when you were pregnant with Noah, and this time is going to be no different. So what if it is a little bigger? You’re providing a home for our two babies and I love that idea. I think you look beautiful right now, I think you look beautiful all of the time, and that’s not going to change, even if bump is bigger this time around. I love you, Cass” he added, his voice warm and kind.

He knew that she could be a little self-conscious, when she had been pregnant with Noah, she had been a little shy about her bump, but he wanted to assure her that he loved it, even if it was going to be bigger the second time around, he already loved the idea that she was going to have a bump again.

Cassie’s already pink cheeks blushed a little more before she shook her head, something which made Sergio smile before he pressed a kiss against her cheek. “Have I left you speechless?” he quipped “I think that that might be a first” he added, playfully poking her side.

Cassie rolled her eyes softly before she nudged him. “Don’t you have somewhere else to be?” she quipped playfully.

Sergio let out a small laugh before he nodded his head. “I should get moving” he mused gently “You’re feeling alright?” he added, pushing himself back to his feet.

Cassie nodded her head. “I’m alright” she confirmed softly “You can go” she added.

Sergio offered her a slightly dubious look, wordlessly asking if she was sure, before he nodded his head. “Ok” he mused softly “I’ll get ready and then I’ll head out. I’ll see you later?” he posed.

Cassie nodded, something which caused Sergio to flash her a small smile before he moved to leave the room, only to be stopped by the hand of Cassie’s which had taken a hold of his wrist. Frowning a little, he turned around before Cassie pulled him into a soft kiss. “I love you” she mumbled softly before she stepped away, ducking out of the bathroom. Sergio watched after her for a moment before he quirked a small smile, wordlessly fussing about how well things seemed to be going between the two of them.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to Jayme112234 and FootieJo for the comments :)