Somebody Like Me

Eighty Six: A Little Longer

“Are you sure that you don’t mind using your day off to keep an eye on him, Papa?” Cassie posed as she stepped into the living room, her green eyes settling on her father who was sat on the floor, babbling happily to Noah who was sat ahead of him, a soft smile on his face.

It had been a little while, after Cassie and Sergio had shared the news of her pregnancy, a few weeks had passed, but with only a couple left before their wedding day, Cassie had opted to head out in search of her wedding dress, something she had put off for a while. She knew that she couldn’t avoid it, with their wedding day closing in quickly, she knew that she had to find a dress soon rather than later, but she had opted to put it off for a little, wanting to allow her bump to develop before she attempted to find the dress that she was looking for.

Alonso, who was happily playing with Noah, lifted his head at the sound of his daughter’s voice before he quirked a small smile. “You know that I don’t mind” he mused softly “Besides, Sergio will be home from training in a couple of hours. I am sure that me and Noah can cope without you until then” he added gently.

Cassie, who’d moved to slip her feet into her shoes, offered him a slightly dubious look, something which made Alonso chuckle. “You know that I love spending time with my favourite grandson, Cassandra” he enthused softly “And you know that Mia and Sara are going to want all of your attention whilst you’re out. We’ll be fine, sweetheart” he added gently.

Cassie offered him another brief glance before she nodded her head quietly. “You’re probably right” she mused softly “But, if you do need anything, you have my number and Sergio’s, you’ll be able to reach at least one of us” she added gently, moving to wrap a jacket around her shoulders.

Alonso watched her for a couple of seconds before he quirked a small smile. “Are you excited about looking for your wedding dress?” he posed softly. It wasn’t something that he and Cassie talked about a lot, whenever the topic of the wedding came up in conversation, Cassie appeared a little shy about it, but still Alonso wanted to encourage her to talk, even if she was slightly timid, he liked hearing her talk about a day that a lot of people were looking forwards to.

Cassie, who’d moved to settle down beside Noah, blushed a little at the question before she gently shook her head. “I think so” she mused softly “I mean, when I pictured buying my wedding dress, I didn’t picture trying to fit it around this, but I am still looking forwards to it” she added, her hand gently brushing over her bump.

Alonso watched the small movement of her hand before he lightly shook his head. “I am sure that you’ll find something, sweetheart” he mused softly “Besides, I don’t think Sergio’s going to care in the slightest about the fact that you’ve got a bump when you walk up that aisle. I’m sure he’ll be blown away when you show up” he added, his voice warm and encouraging.

“You think so?” Cassie posed softly, her teeth nibbling on her lip slightly.

Alonso scoffed playfully before he shook his head, playfully nudging her shoulder. “Of course I do, Cassandra” he mused softly “I mean, he’s pretty in love with you, and I’m sure that you could show up in a pair of jeans and t-shirt and he’d still be blown away. Besides, from what I’ve seen of him, he’s pretty smitten with that bump of yours” he added, his dark eyes peeking down towards the bump which was visible beneath the sweater she wore.

Cassie followed the line of his stare before the sound of the doorbell echoed, causing her to shake her head. “That’s going to be Mia” she murmured softly “If you need anything…”

“I will call you or Sergio” Alonso finished for her “But I am sure that you’ve got nothing to worry about. Have fun, Cassandra” he added, offering her a small impish grin.

Cassie rolled her eyes slightly before she pressed a soft kiss against Noah’s cheek, moving to pad out of the room.

~#~
Sparing a glance towards the mirror which stood ahead of her, Cassie spared a soft sigh, her green eyes studying her reflection closely. They had been at it for a while, with Cassie not entirely certain on what she was looking for, she’d tried on 7 or 8 different dresses, but still she hadn’t quite found one that she loved, something which irked her a little.

Sparing another brief glance at the mirror, she admired her reflection quietly before she shook her head, her hand gently moving to slip the zip down her back. Stepping out it, she moved to hang it up on a hanger before the sound of a knock at the changing room door caught her attention, causing her to shake her head. “It’s another no” she quipped.

“Another one?” Mia replied softly.

Cassie let out a soft sigh before she stepped towards the door, opening it slightly. “It looked good on the hanger, but when I put it on…it just didn’t seem right” she explained softly.

Mia offered her a soft look before she nodded her head. “You want to keep going?” she posed softly “I mean, I know that you need to find one sooner rather than later, but Sergio left me with pretty strict instructions. If you are feeling tired, I’m supposed to take you home” she added gently.

Cassie quirked a small smile, not surprised that Sergio had spoken to Mia, before she shook her head. “I’m alright” she mused softly.

Mia offered her a slightly dubious look, wordlessly asking if she was sure, before she nodded her head, gently moving to hand over another hanger. “We had a look around whilst you were in here and we found this” she explained softly “Do you think you’d like to try it on?” she added gently.

Cassie, who’d been admiring the dress which had been placed into her hands, blinked a couple of times at the sound of Mia’s voice before she quirked a small smile. “I think I could probably manage that” she teased softly.

Mia rolled her gently before she nudged the brunette back into the changing room, something which made Cassie laugh softly before she flicked her attention towards the dress which sat in hand, a small grin pulling at the corner of her mouth.

~#~
Gently slipping her coat off of her shoulders, Cassie let out a soft sigh, more than slightly relieved to be home. It had been a long day, with it having taken her a while to find a dress, she had been on her feet for a while, and she couldn’t wait to sit down, wanting to take the weight off of her feet.

Toeing off her shoes, she neatly left them beside the door before she quietly padded towards the kitchen, her green eyes settling on Sergio who sat beside the counter, laughing at something that her father had said. It wasn’t unusual, since she had introduced Sergio to her father, the two of them had gotten on remarkably well, and Cassie had to admit that it relieved her. She had been more than worried that her father would never warm to the man who’d gotten her pregnant so quickly after they’d started to see one another.

“Look who is home”

Cassie, who’d drifted off slightly, rolled her eyes a little at the sound of Sergio’s voice. “It’s nice to see you too, amor” she quipped sarcastically.

Sergio let out a small laugh before he shook his head. “You know I am happy to see you really” he mused softly “How did it go?” he posed as he gently reached his hand out, using it to pull her a little closer.

Cassie shrugged. “It took a while” she mused softly “I mean, I didn’t really know what I was looking for, but between me, Mia and Sara, we found something pretty special” she added, a small smile pulling at the corner of her mouth.

“You did?” Alonso posed “I was sure that it would take you more than one shopping trip” he added with a grin.

Cassie offered him a pointed look, something which made Alonso chuckle softly before he shook his head. “I’m sure that it is beautiful, Cassandra” he mused softly “And I for one can’t wait to see it” he added gently before he excused himself, musing something about calling his girlfriend.

Sergio, who was shyly playing with her hand, ducked his head slightly, pressing a soft kiss against the warm skin. “I can’t wait to see it either” he mumbled softly “But it’s not too far away now. We’ve only got a couple more weeks and then I get to call you my wife” he fussed, a soft smile pulling at the corner of his mouth. It still felt a little strange, the idea that their wedding date was only a couple of weeks ahead of them felt a little unfamiliar to Sergio, but he had to admit that he was looking forwards to it, even if a small part of him was nervous. He was already counting down the days until he and Cassie made it up the aisle.

Cassie’s cheeks warmed a little at his words before she shook her head, something which caused Sergio to press a soft kiss against her cheek. “You’re excited, aren’t you?” he posed softly, pressing another kiss against her warm skin.

Cassie closed her eyes at the feel of his lips against her cheek before she nodded her head. “I’m nervous” she mumbled softly “I mean, getting married is a pretty huge step forwards, but I am excited. We’re getting married, Sese” she fussed softly, a small smile on her lips.

Sergio admired her smile for a couple of seconds before he ducked down, pressing a swift kiss against her lips. “Yes, we are” he confirmed softly.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to FootieJo for the comment :)