Somebody Like Me

Ninety: It Hasn’t Sunk In Yet

Carefully readjusting a couple of the clips which held her hair in place, Cassie spared a small glance towards the mirror which stood her head, her green eyes caught on the small smile which played at the corner of her mouth. It had been a little while, after she and Sergio had gotten through the ceremony, they’d been preoccupied with pictures and fussing relatives and friends, but with the reception due to get underway, she had opted to take a couple of seconds for herself, wanting to relax a little before the party got underway.

Brushing a few loose hairs off of her face, she spared another look towards the mirror before she quietly shook her head, her grin not moving. It felt a little strange, the idea that she and Sergio were more than just boyfriend and girlfriend, but Cassie was certain that they’d get used to it, even if it did take them a small while to wrap their heads around the idea, she was certain that they’d grow into the idea that they were husband and wife.

Ensuring that her hair was fixed, she checked her reflection once more before she quietly padded towards the bathroom door, pulling it open before she stepped into the hallway. Taking a couple of steps, she let out a soft breath before she felt a hand settle on her waist, something which caused her to let out a small squeak before she turned around, her green eyes peeking up at Sergio who smiled down at her impishly. “I didn’t mean to scare you” he mused softly.

Cassie offered him a small look before she shook her head lightly. “It’s OK” she murmured softly “What are you doing out here?” she added softly.

“I was looking for you” Sergio mused softly “I mean, the party’s about to get underway, and I figured we ought to show up together. I mean, it is a party to celebrate the fact that we’re married, after all” he added, a playful grin on his face.

Cassie shook her head a little at his words before she quirked a small shy smile, something which caused Sergio to step towards her, his arms wrapping gently around her waist. Cassie smiled a little at the feel of his arms around her before she wrapped hers around his neck, holding onto him for a few seconds before Sergio stepped back, moving to press a soft kiss against her lips. Cassie’s smile widened a little at the feel of the kiss before she ducked back, resting her forehead against his. “We’re married” she repeated softly “Can you quite believe that?” she added, her fingers lightly messing with the tie which sat around his neck.

Sergio watched the small movements of her fingers before he shook his head softly. “It’s still not quite sunk in yet” he murmured quietly before he ducked in, sneaking another quick kiss. Cassie giggled a little at the soft contact before she gently nudged him back, something which caused Sergio to quirk another soft smile before he pulled her into another gentle hug.

Cassie cuddled into him happily, allowing a small silence to linger over the two of them for a moment, before she lifted her head, pressing a soft kiss against his cheek. “I love you” she mumbled softly, not wanting to disturb the moment.

“I love you too” Sergio replied softly “And I am beyond happy right now, even if I did spend the whole morning feeling like I was going to vomit, I’m more than glad that we did this” he added, his fingertips lightly tracing the pattern of her dress.

Cassie cocked an eyebrow. “You were nervous?” she posed, her voice caught between teasing and curious.

Sergio offered her a playful glare before he shook his head. “I was” he confirmed softly “But I bet you were worse” he added with a grin.

Cassie scoffed. “I wasn’t that bad” she countered playfully “I mean, I cried more than once, but I was less nervous than I expected, especially once I was dressed. When I saw my papa get choked up when I walked out in my dress, I started to calm down a little” she added softly. She had been nervous, from the moment that she had woken up that morning, she hadn’t quite been able to shift the knots in her stomach, but she was pleased with the way things had gone, even if she had had a couple of moments. She was pleased with the way that things had worked out.

Sergio allowed her words to hang around them for a couple of seconds before he shook his head. “I can see why your papa would have been a little emotional” he mused softly “I mean, you’re beautiful, Cass, but right now? I still can’t quite think of the words to describe how amazing you look” he babbled softly.

Cassie’s cheeks blushed a little at the compliment before she stepped towards him, stealing a couple of light kisses before she ducked back, carefully brushing the dark hair off of his forehead. “You’re very sweet when you want to be, aren’t you?” she teased softly.

“I am” Sergio quipped, playing along “Aren’t you very lucky to have a husband as sweet as me?” he added, poking her side playfully.

Cassie quirked a small smile, the word ‘husband’ ringing in her ears, before she shook her head. “That’s going to take a little getting used to” she mused softly.

Sergio nodded his head. “It is going to sound pretty strange for a while” he agreed gently “But I kind of like it. You’re my wife, Cass” he added softly, his hand gently moving to take a hold of hers.

Cassie spared a soft glance down towards their hands before she gently stepped towards him, wrapping him in another soft hug.

Sergio startled, slightly surprised by the embrace, but he was quick to react, holding her in place for a few seconds before the sound of footsteps reached his ears, causing him to lift his head slightly, his dark eyes settling on his mother who stood a little away from them, a tearful smile on her lips. “Mama?” he posed, pulling away from Cassie reluctantly.

“I hate to ruin the moment” Paqui noted softly “But we are sort of waiting on the two of you” she added softly. She felt bad for interrupting for them, since Cassie had arrived at the church, it was clear that the two of them were itching to get a moment alone, but she knew that she couldn’t just leave them to it, even if she was tempted to, she knew that there were a lot of people waiting to make a fuss of the newlyweds.

Sergio offered his mother a small look, briefly contemplating asking for a few more minutes, before he nodded his head, offering her a small smile. “We’ll be right there, mama” he mused softly.

Paqui flashed the two of them another soft smile before stepped away, affording Sergio the opportunity to turn back towards Cassie, an impish smile on his face. “You ready?” he posed, gently moving to take a hold of her hand.

Cassie shrugged. “I don’t think we have a choice” she noted “As you said, it’s our party, we should probably show up” she added with a small grin.

Sergio spared a small laugh before he gently squeezed her hand, moving to lead her through the hallway. It felt a little strange, the idea that he and Cassie were married was one which was going to take a little getting used to, but he had to admit that he liked it, even if it was still very new. He was sure that they’d get used to it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to FootieJo for the comment :)