Somebody Like Me

Ninety Three: We’re Not Good At Waiting

Carefully pulling Noah’s sock back onto his foot, Sergio quirked a small smile, his dark eyes settled on the little boy who sat ahead of him, babbling happily as he messed around with the toys which sat ahead of him. It was still early, with Sergio due to head back to training after the conclusion of the winter break, he had made sure to set his alarm clock a little earlier than usual, and he was keen to make the most of the time he had before he had to depart, something which had led to him offering Cassie the opportunity to lay in for a little while longer whilst he took care of Noah. It was rare, since Noah had arrived, Cassie had tended to be the first one out of bed with him, but Sergio was keen to help out a little more, especially with her pregnancy progressing, he wanted to ensure that Cassie was as calm and as relaxed as she could be before the twins arrived.

Watching Noah for a couple more seconds, he admired the gentle smile which filled the little boy’s face before he gently moved to lift him up, settling him down in his lap. Noah fussed for a couple of seconds, not liking being moved away from his toys, before he settled down, something which caused Sergio to press a light kiss against the top of his head. “I know that you don’t like being moved away from your toys, Noah” he mused softly “But I am going to have to get going soon and that means that I have to disturb your mama, even if I do want her to relax. Someone’s got to keep an eye on you” he added, carefully smoothing out of the little boy’s dark hair.

Noah, who’d tried to shuffle out of his father’s arms slightly, pouted a little, something which made Sergio chuckle softly before he gently ducked down, pressing another light kiss against his head. “Come on” he mused softly “Let’s go and see if mama wants to wake up” he added, gently pushing himself up to his feet.

“I think you’re a little late”

Sergio, who’d been focused on climbing to his feet, startled a little at the sound of Cassie’s voice before he lifted his head, offering her a light smile. “I thought you were still asleep” he mused softly “I mean, you were when I took a shower. Did I wake you?” he posed softly.

Cassie, who’d moved to settle down on the couch, shrugged a little. “You’re not the quietest” she teased softly “But it doesn’t matter. I should be up by now anyways” she added gently, a small yawn falling out of her mouth.

Sergio offered her a small loo before he shook his head, gently moving to settle down at her side. “I do have to get moving pretty soon” he mused softly “I mean, as much as I have loved the last couple of weeks in our little bubble, I think I should probably get back to training” he added playfully as he settled Noah back down on the floor, allowing him to crawl towards his toys.

Cassie quirked a small smile before she nodded her head. “I think you should” she mused softly “But, you do remember that we have an appointment this afternoon, don’t you?” she posed, her hand lightly brushing over her bump.

Sergio watched the small movements of her hand before he gently reached out, placing his hand over hers on her bump. “Of course I remember” he mused softly “I mean, it’s a chance to see our little ones, how could I forget?” he asked gently, his thumb lightly brushing over the material of her shirt.

Cassie shrugged. “I just wanted to make sure” she mused softly “I mean, it’s a pretty important one” she added.

Sergio nodded his head. “It is” he agreed gently “And I will be there. I’m not going to miss a chance to see the two of them again, Cass” he added, knowing what her next question would be.

Cassie shook her head slightly, a small amused grin on her face, before she gently leant up, pressing a soft kiss against his cheek. “I’ll see you there, then” she mused softly.

Sergio nodded his head softly before he gently pushed himself up to his feet. “Of course you will, Cass” he mused gently “I’m already looking forwards to it” he enthused softly before he ducked down, sneaking a kiss before he padded out of the room.

~#~
“Have I missed it?”

Cassie, who was quietly reading the book which sat in her lap, startled a little at the sound of Sergio’s voice before she lifted her head, offering him a slightly amused smile. “You’re lucky” she quipped playfully “They’re running a little behind schedule, but you’re still cutting it pretty fine” she added, shuffling her bag out of the seat beside her, affording Sergio the opportunity to sit down next to her.

Sergio, who’d moved to take the seat, shook his head slightly. “The session lasted a little longer than I was expecting it to, so it was a little harder to get away than I was expecting, but I am still here, even I am a little late. I’ve not missed the important part” he explained gently. He had been worried, when the training session had dragged on for longer than he was expecting, a small part of him had been worried that he would miss Cassie’s scan, but he was thrilled that he hadn’t. He couldn’t wait to see their two little babies again.

Cassie nodded her head softly. “Well, I’m glad that you’re here” she mused softly, her hand gently moving to take a hold of his “Even if you are late” she added, offering him a playful grin.

Sergio rolled his eyes playfully before he ducked his head, gently pressing a soft kiss against the back of her hand before the sound of footsteps reached his ears, causing him to look up, his dark eyes settling on Elsa who stood ahead of them, a warm smile on her face. “I hate to interrupt” she mused gently “But we’re ready to get started. If you two would like to follow me” she added gently.

Sergio nodded his head lightly before he pushed himself up to his feet, gently helping Cassie to her feet before he moved to take a hold of her hand, gently guiding her towards the examination room.

“I have to say that everything is looking remarkably positive, Cassie” Elsa mused softly, her eyes briefly scanning over the brunette’s notes.

Sergio, who’d moved to help Cassie up onto the bed, smiled gently. “It is?” he posed softly.

“I’m very happy” Elsa mused “All of the tests show that Cassie’s pregnancy is progressing as we’d hope. I mean, seeing as she is expecting twins, we’re expecting that she’ll go into labour a little earlier than her due date and that means we’ll need to figure out a birthing plan pretty soon, but I am very happy” she explained as she lightly shuffled Cassie’s shirt up slightly, revealing her bump.

Sergio, who’d moved to take a seat beside the bed, smiled a little at the midwife’s reassuring words before he lightly squeezed Cassie’s hand, something which made her cheeks warm slightly.

Elsa, who’d moved to start the scan, smiled a little at the small amorous action, before she gently ran the scanner over Cassie’s bump, allowing for the sound of the two heartbeats to fill the air. “I know the genders” she mused softly, not shifting her stare away from the screen “But, if you don’t want to know…”

“We want to know” Sergio interrupted softly, not moving his eyes away from the image which filled the screen.

Elsa blinked, slightly surprised by the interruption, before she tilted her head. “Are you sure?” she posed softly.

Cassie nodded. “We’re not very good at waiting” she mused playfully.

Elsa laughed softly before she nodded her head, stepping towards the screen. “This” she mused softly, gesturing towards the screen “This is a little boy” she mused softly.

“A boy?” Sergio posed softly.

Elsa nodded her head gently. “It’s a boy” she mused softly “And this, this is a little girl” she added, gently tracing the second image.

Cassie, who’d been watching the screen quietly, blinked a couple of times before she tilted her head. “A girl?” she posed softly.

Elsa offered her a warm smile before she nodded. “You are expecting a little boy and a little girl” she repeated warmly before she excused herself, musing about collecting a copy of the scan for the couple.

Cassie blinked a couple of times, trying to wrap her head around the midwife’s words, before she flicked her attention towards Sergio, offering him a shy smile.

Sergio, who’d been admiring the screen, smiled a little at her words before he carefully ducked into her, pressing a soft kiss against her lips. Cassie startled slightly, not quite expecting the soft kiss, but she quickly responded to it, holding him close for a few seconds before she ducked back, resting her forehead against his. “A boy and a girl” she murmured softly. Sergio nodded his head lightly before he carefully shifting his hand, brushing it lightly over her bump as he allowed the news that they were expecting a boy and a girl to hang around them.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to Jayme112234 and FootieJo for the comments :)