Somebody Like Me

Ninety Four: Look Who’s Talking

Quietly sipping on the mug of coffee which sat in his hand, Sergio quirked a small smile, his dark eyes settled on Cassie who sat on the edge of their bed, trying to wake herself up a little. It wasn’t overly early, with Sergio having played the night before, there had been no need for anyone to wake up early, and Sergio had been keen to make the most of the opportunity to relax a little, even if he had had to get out of bed to check on Noah. He had enjoyed the opportunity to relax.

It had been a little while, after he and Cassie had discovered that they were expecting a boy and a girl, a few weeks had passed, and with their second anniversary having arrived, Sergio was keen to mark it, even if Cassie had insisted that he keep things small. He wanted celebrate the idea that they’d made it work for two years.

Taking another sip of his drink, he watched her for a couple more seconds before he gently stepped across the room, ducking down to press a soft kiss against her lips. Cassie, who’d been focused on trying to wake up, startled a little at the feel of the kiss before she lifted her head, offering him a small look. “What was that for?” she posed, a sleepy yawn fall out of her mouth.

Sergio, who’d moved to sit down at her side, shrugged playfully. “Can’t a guy just want to kiss his wife?” he posed impishly.

Cassie rolled her eyes softly before she shook her head. “You’re in a good mood this morning” she mused softly.

“I am” Sergio confirmed with a small nod “But I think I have good reason. You know what today’s date is?” he asked, his hand gently moving to take a hold of hers.

Cassie watched him lace their fingers together before she quirked a small smile. “I think I might know” she noted “But even if I didn’t, I am sure that you’d be more than happy to remind me of the fact that, two years ago, we started to date” she added, playfully poking his side. It felt a little strange, the idea that she and Sergio had been dating for two years felt a little surreal, but she had to admit that she was more than thrilled with the way that things had worked out between them, even if they had moved quickly, she was more than happy with how things were between them.

“It’s also a year to the day since I proposed” Sergio pointed out, offering her a small boyish grin.

Cassie rolled her eyes playfully, something which made Sergio chuckle lightly before he leant into her, pressing a soft kiss against her temple. “Happy anniversary, Cass” he mumbled softly.

Cassie smiled gently before she turned her head, allowing her to press a soft kiss against his lips. Sergio smiled at the contact, not quite expecting it, before he wrapped his arms around her, holding her close to him for a few seconds before he gently ducked back, his fingers lightly brushing a few loose hairs off of her face. “I know that things have moved pretty quickly for us, but it’s been a pretty great couple of years, hasn’t it?” he posed quietly, not wanting to disturb the quiet which filled the room around them.

Cassie leant into his touch. “It has been” she agreed softly “I mean, you can be a pain…” she trailed off, offering him an impish smile.

Sergio snorted. “Look who’s talking” he quipped, nudging her side.

Cassie giggled softly before she shook her head. “We’ve had our moments” she noted softly “But, I am pretty happy with how the last couple of years have worked out for us. I mean, we’ve got a pretty adorable little boy, two more little ones on the way, and a couple of months ago, we enjoyed a pretty beautiful wedding. I’m pretty happy right now” she added, her hand messing shyly with his.

Sergio watched the small nimble movements of her fingers, allowing her words to hang around them for a few seconds before he leant forwards, pressing a soft kiss against the top of her head. “I love you, Cassie” he mumbled softly.

Cassie’s cheeks warmed a little at the sound of his words before she peeked up at him, offering him a small shy smile. “I love you too, Sese” she mused softly.

Sergio flashed her another light smile before the sound of Noah’s babbling filled the air, causing him to shake his head slightly. “I think that someone is looking for his breakfast” he noted softly.

“Probably” Cassie replied softly “You want me to get him?” she posed, pushing herself up to her feet.

Sergio shook his head. “I think I can probably handle it” he mused “Why don’t you go and take a bath? I can make us some breakfast and we can figure out a plan for the rest of the day” he suggested gently.

“You’d not mind that?” Cassie posed.

“I think I can probably cope with making breakfast, Cass” Sergio countered, offering her another boyish grin.

Cassie spared him another roll of her green eyes before she stepped towards him, pressing a brief kiss against his cheek before she stepped away, ducking out of the room. Sergio watched after her for a few seconds before he quirked a small grin, wordlessly fussing about the idea that he and Cassie had been together for two years.

~#~
“Are you sure that you don’t mind staying in?” Cassie posed as she settled down on the couch, her green eyes settled on Sergio who sat a little away from her, playing with Noah. It had been a quiet day, with Sergio having had the day away from training, the house had been calm and relaxed, and Cassie had to admit that she had enjoyed it, even if she knew that Sergio wanted to make more of a fuss. She had enjoyed the quiet and simple day that they had shared.

Sergio, who was busy setting up a tower of blocks in front of Noah, lifted his head, offering her a small smile over his shoulder. “I don’t mind” he noted softly “But one year, you’re going to have to let me make more of a fuss” he bargained with a grin.

Cassie, who’d moved to collect her book from the coffee table, rolled her eyes playfully before she flicked her attention down towards the book which sat in her lap, quietly reading to herself.

Sergio watched her for a couple of seconds, his dark eyes admiring her, before he quietly pushed himself up to his feet, plopping into the seat beside her. “What are you reading?” he poked gently.

Cassie jumped, a little surprised by his voice, before she shook her head. “It’s just a baby name book” she mused softly “I mean, I know we’ve still got a couple of months before they arrive, but I figured I’d get started. We’re going to have to come up with names at some point” she added, not shifting her eyes away from the page she was reading.

Sergio nodded his head softly. “Have you come up with anything yet?” he posed softly.

Cassie shrugged. “I’ve found a lot of names that I don’t like” she mused softly “But there are a couple that I like” she added, peeking up at him softly.

“Are you going share them?” Sergio quipped “I mean, I think I ought to know what you plan on naming our kids” he added playfully.

Cassie offered him a playful glare before she shook her head. “I like the name Oscar” she mused softly “And I also like the names Nicolas or Henri” she added gently.

“And for a girl?” Sergio posed, his hand gently moving to rest against her bump.

Cassie smiled a little at his touch before she shifted her hand, resting it on top of his head. “I like Sophia” she murmured softly “And I also like Briana, Luna, Isabella or Violet” she added as she shifted slightly, resting her head against his shoulder.

Sergio quietly mulled her suggestions over for a moment before he ducked down, pressing a soft kiss to her shoulder. “You’ve given this a lot of thought” he mumbled.

Cassie nodded. “I have” she agreed “You don’t like them?” she posed.

Sergio shook his head. “I think they’re beautiful, Cass” he mumbled softly “But you said it yourself, we’ve still got some time before they arrive. We don’t have to figure out what we want to call them right now” he added, his thumb lightly brushing over her bump.

Cassie admired the small movements of his thumb before she nodded her head. “We’ve still got time” she agreed gently.

Sergio offered her a slight smile before he leant down to kiss her shoulder once more, mumbling something about making something for dinner before he pushed himself up to his feet, allowing him to step out of the room. Cassie watched him out of the door for a few seconds before she shook her head lightly, a soft smile playing on her lips. It had been a hectic couple of years, after she had found out that she was carrying Noah, things between her and Sergio had moved quickly, but Cassie was certain that she wouldn’t have changed things, even if they had had their moments. She was more than happy with how things had worked out between them.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to Twisted;;Symphony and FootieJo for the comments :)