Somebody Like Me

Ninety Seven: I Wouldn’t Say It If I Didn’t

Carefully clipping her dark hair in place, Cassie spared a tired yawn into her hand, her green eyes briefly flicking towards the two infants who laid in their bassinettes, sleeping quietly. It had been a while, after the twins had arrived in the early hours of the morning, Cassie had spent a few hours sleeping herself, but when the two infants had started to get a little fussy, she had been quick to wake up, even if she did still feel exhausted after her labour, she had wanted to ensure that the two babies were contented.

It felt strange, the idea that their family had grown from three to five members was one which was likely to feel unfamiliar for a while, but Cassie had to admit that she was happy, even if a small part of her was slightly apprehensive about how they’d cope with the two new additions, she was more than thrilled with the arrival of the twins.

Rubbing her eyes softly, she allowed another soft yawn to fall out of her mouth before she carefully shuffled towards the edge of her bed, her fingertips lightly brushing through the tufts of coppery brown hair which sat on top of the little boy’s head. The baby, who had been contently sleeping, snuffled a little at the contact before he briefly looked up at his mother, a soft yawn tumbling out of his mouth. Cassie, who’d been watching him quietly, marveled at the delicate yawn before she quietly shook her head, gently moving to kiss the top of his head.

“I thought you were still resting”

Cassie, who been quietly fussing over the baby, blinked a couple of times before she lifted her head, looking up towards where Sergio stood. “Huh?” she spluttered softly.

“You were still resting when I ducked out five minutes ago” Sergio clarified softly “I’m just a little surprised to see you up” he added as he stepped a little further into the room, moving to settle down beside her.

Cassie watched him sit down before she shuffled towards him slightly, cuddling into his side. “I’m still pretty tired” she admitted softly “I mean, it took a while for them to finally arrive, but it’s not too bad right now. Elsa’s already told me that they’re going to keep us in overnight just to make sure that everything is alright, so that means if I get tired, I can just curl back up and fall asleep for a little while” she added, her head moving to rest against his shoulder as another soft yawn tumbled out of her mouth.

Sergio, who’d moved to wrap an arm around her waist, smiled a little at the sight of her yawning before he dipped down, pressing a soft kiss against her head. Cassie’s cheeks warmed a little at the feel of the kiss before she tilted her head slightly, peeking up at him softly. “Where’d you get to?” she posed softly.

“I ducked out to call your papa” Sergio noted softly “I wanted to check in on Noah” he added, his hand gently moving to take a hold of hers which fiddled softly with the bottom of his shirt.

Cassie nodded softly. “How is he?” she asked quietly.

“Your papa says that he’s been in a pretty bad mood all morning” Sergio noted “But he settled down and was happily playing when I called. I also suggested that maybe your papa and Noah could come and visit in a little while, if that’s alright with you” he added gently, his thumb lightly brushing the back of her hand.

Cassie watched the small movements of his thumb, quietly considering his question, before she nodded her head. “I’d love that” she mused softly “I mean, I know that it’s not been very long, but I sort of miss Noah and would love to see him. I’d love to introduce him to his new baby brother and sister” she added, her green eyes peeking towards the two infants who were still contently sleeping.

Sergio followed the line of her stare before he offered her hand a light squeeze. “Have you given any more thought to names yet?” he posed quietly, not wanting to disturb the comfortable quiet which had settled over the room.

Cassie shrugged lightly before she tilted her head, her green eyes mirroring his darker ones. “Not really” she mused softly “But we’re going to have to come up with something. Baby Boy and Baby Girl Ramos Gomes is a bit of a mouthful” she added, offering him an impish grin.

Sergio chuckled softly before he nodded his head. “It is” he agreed “So, do you have any ideas?” he posed, his arm squeezing her softly, something which made Cassie smile softly. It wasn’t the first time, after she had given birth to Noah, Sergio had been slightly more affectionate that usual, and Cassie had to admit that she liked it, even if it did only last for a few days. She liked the idea of him making a fuss of her.

“I’ve got a couple of names that I like” she noted gently “For a boy, I like Oscar or Nicolas, and for a girl, I like Luna or Violet, but if you have something else in mind, we don’t have to go with them. They’re just suggestions” she added, her voice slightly shy.

Sergio, who’d been quietly brushing his hand up and down her side, allowed her suggestions to linger in the air for a couple of seconds before he quirked a small smile. “I like Oscar” he noted softly.

“You do?” Cassie posed “Because if you have something else in mind…”

“I like Oscar” Sergio repeated softly, cutting her off “And I like Luna” he added gently.

Cassie blinked a couple of times, slightly caught off guard by his interruption, before she tilted her head softly. “Are you sure?” she posed softly “I mean, we can still take a little while to think about it if you want to” she added gently.

Sergio smiled a little at her words before he gently squeezed her waist. “I like the names, Cass” he mused softly “I wouldn’t say that I did if I didn’t, and if you like them, then these are the names that we’ll choose” he added, his voice warm and reassuring.

Cassie offered him a slightly dubious look, wordlessly asking him once more if he was sure, before she quirked a small smile, her green eyes moving to settle once more on the two sleeping babies. “Oscar and Luna Ramos Gomes” she breathed softly “I kind of like the sound of that” she added gently.

Sergio mouthed the names a couple of times, trying to get used to them, before he leant forwards, pressing a soft kiss against the top of Cassie’s head. Cassie startled slightly, not expecting the small kiss, before she carefully turned around, pressing a soft kiss against his lips. She knew that it was going to take some getting used to, with Noah, as well as the two newborns, things were likely to be hectic for a while, but she was hopeful, even if a small part of her was nervous about how things would pan out, she was hopeful that she and Sergio would be able to continue making things work.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to Twisted;;Symphony, Jayme112234 and FootieJo for the comments :)