A Warrior's Calling: The Beginning Chronicle

1. Made To Promise

Blood type. Not found. Organs 80. Uncommon. DNA Sequencing. 86 Not possible. With limited funding this all the research I could get my hands on, if only, the other two showed so much promise and potential but it's too late to dwell on the past. For thirty years, senior department leader of The Initative Biological Reaserch department, I Professor Robert Wilson still can't crack this. What is he? A freak of nature more like it. I can't think that why I still find love in my heart every time I think about him. Me and Rosa, my she Rest In Peace, were blessed to have Aliyah but I'd love to have a son and I'm proud to call him that. Ever since we found him Rosa couldn't put him down even if he looked a bit...odd. But then again what baby has pointed ears, six fingers, and a tail-A FREAKIN TAIL! But Rosa saw beauty in this "child" that's what I loved about her, she saw the beauty and good in anything and everyone...which was also her death sentence. Stupid tear. That was over eighteen years ago when we found the chi-"Jayden" Aliyah herself was only three when we found him. "Oh no!" Grabbed and flipped through the halo pad "Is it his birthday?" Crap! January 20 "Brother!" I called "yes sir?" spoke the robotic voice. "Remind me to celebrate my son's eighteenth birthday today!" I commanded "yes sir," it beeped out. Good. Good. Data pad after data pad just burried in work and I nearly forgot! Some father I am. The office door slides open there stands Syndicate. You appear human but I know your a machine that synthetic skin doesn't fool these old eyes. "Sir. The team is here to go over the findings of subject 0," Syndicate presented "Good." My back cracked into place -I need to stop slouching- "Have them briefed on the case file and meet in the conference room," I instructed. "Yes sir." The machine left. I still can't believe how life like droids have become, I still remember when they didn't have synthetic bodies they looked more "machine" then human but they still have their usefulness, especially Syndicate. Well time for more work. Grabbed the picture from my desk, no one uses film anymore but this is all I have of Rosa ever since- kiss the glass, "I promise to love him like you, you should see him now. He's our man now." Lets get started and done with.