A Warrior's Calling: The Beginning Chronicle

5. He Wants To See You

Door slides open, there is Xander he smells sweaty probably got done training, and Aliyah long black hair streaming down her back and a rose in her hair her scent of flowers I know anywhere. "Happy Birthday!" they shout, I smile, "Thanks guys." Both walk in, both embrace with a hug, Xander grabs me and puts me in a head-lock. "The big 1 8 my little freak is all grown up," he booms rubbing my head with his knuckles. Tail smacks him over the head and he releases me, "That's right old man," I mock, "Soon I will be able to take you," fists come up feet bouncing left to right. "You wish!" he laughs, advances and hits my gut. Ca-cant breath-e aaaa-ir knocked out he laughs. "Jayden?" she whispers I come to and stare at her massive brown eyes, her face is red as she holds up a box. "Aliyah, you shouldn't have," I insisted grabbing the box, "It was no trouble," she testified. Nail cuts off purple ribbon, teeth open box, I stare in the box---shock. "Y-you," cant find words reaching in the box, "You fixed it, my necklace you fixed it!" I boomed holding up my necklace. "I know its the only thing you have from when we found you, last week when the strap broke, I just knew how upset you were," she informed. The strap was new, the old one was some kind of leather with some feathers around it, this one has a metallic feel to it but what was important was the stone. The stone, the polished looking quartz was still there, blackish blue as it shimmered back and forth. Quickly around my neck-oh that feels good-I feel complete. "Weird how this thing was around your neck when the Professor found you," Xander squinted at the stone, "still have no idea what it is?" he asked Aliyah, I look at her also hopeful. She shakes her head,"The computers have no idea what it is, that sort of material apparently doesn't match with any of the known rock materials," she educated. Ears droop down, my heart felt heavy again, "B-but he look on the bright side!" Xander pats me on the back, "What?" I baited, his face froze in an awkward smile, "You and that stone are unique," Alyiah finished for him, "And we're blessed to have something so unique in our lives," she blushed. My palms got sweaty, oh her face, she really is my angel. "Oh before I forget," she jolted back with memory, "Daddy wants to see you," she informed. Eye roll. "Now?" I groaned. she nodded her head, "Come on, we will go with you," Xander suggested, I nodded.