Lust in Love

Three - Potter

We begin to settle into our new life. We'll start the day with her making breakfast, and I go to Borkin and Burkes for work. Then, while I work, she'll iron the clothes, cook lunch for both of us (I come back for lunch breaks) and then go to an hour to Diagon Alley, looking for spellbooks to help her with her workin the house, or, instead of Diagon Alley, she'll go to the local Muggle supermarket to buy food (she has lots of Muggle money, and I have lots of Wizard money).

She'll go back to sweep the floors, make the bed, put new clothes in the laundry, buy more water from the Muggle shop next door and then she'll go to work from four until six, at a Muggle school, where she teaches a Muggle class English.

At seven I'm back home and she's home at six ten, due to Apparition methods, and then we lie on the bed, arms wrapped around each other, or go for a walk through the winding trees.

--

It's a Monday evening, and tonight we've finished dinner (pork chops) and have decided to go for a walk. She takes my hand as we set off and I take hers, and we walk.

After a while I speak. "We've been in that house for six months now. What do you think?"

"it's unfair. It's been six months, and you said we'd be married by now five months ago!"

"Things change. How was work today?"

She doesn't answer, and I see her gawping at someone through the trees.

Then I see who she's seeing.

Potter.

And the thing that makes me wary most of all is what he's saying.

"Annaline!" Potter yells, and Annaline peers at him.

He yells it again.

Alright, Potter, you've burst my eardrums enough, I think.

He sees her.

"Annaline, I'm so glad you've come. You said we could meet her alone tonight."

"I remember." She whispers.

"Oh Annaline, I'm so lucky to hear your voice again! Thank goodness you came to your senses and dumped Malfoy!"

"Dumped me?" I mutter quietly, "What is she playing at?"

"Yes. . ." She quivers, glancing at me through the hedge.

"So. . . should we do what you promised we would?"

"I'm not sure that's a good idea."

He kisses her, and her face relaxes more than when I kiss her, but it's still uptight with worry because I'm there. I watch, and hate curls up inside me like a wave, because Potter's done it again, he's taken things I love.

Annaline. . .

What does he have better than me? Okay, maybe that scar. And the bravery. But, aside from that, what does he have that Annaline wants?

Maybe he has better looks.

But she's always said she loves my hair and my facial features, she's always running her hands through my hair.

He's leaner than me, probably stronger.

And then it hits me.

Maybe he's shown her his hot body. I haven't yet, so maybe that's why.

But what do I do now?

I know.

Be like Potter.
♠ ♠ ♠
What do you think of Annaline's 'betrayal'? Please comment and tell me!