Status: Working on some more chapters. I'm working on making them longer as well.

Hell Hounds

Chapter 5

There's a substitute for third period English. The assignment was to read the chapter in our book Wuthering Heights. Most of the others just goof around, talking to each other or on their phones. Eliza has resolved to talking my ear off, especially since she knows I've read ahead already.

"So what was that this morning?" Eliza rests her hand underneath her chin, leaning close to me with a smirk.

"What was what?"

"You know. I saw you getting out of the car with Jet this morning."

"Josh was there too . . ."

"That's beside the - actually I didn't know the two were friends."

I didn't know either.

"I don't think Josh has ever talked about him before."

"Even if he had, I'm sure you were too busy with Michael."

Eliza's face flushes red, but she refocuses on me: "So just how does he know where your house is? He did pick you up from your house didn't he? You didn't spend the night at his place did you? Or maybe you snuck him in?!"

"Sshh! Okay, okay. He dropped me off at home the other day."

"So you lied to me about your mom picking you up!"

"I'm sorry, I didn't want to keep third-wheeling with you and Michael sucking face during a slasher movie."

Eliza bites her lip and blushes deeper, I'm surprised she suddenly feels so embarrassed about it now.

"Sorry, I guess I didn't realize that you were third-wheelin'. But you still owe me a movie night, just you and me next time." Eliza flashes me a toothy smile, and I give a sigh of relief.

"By the way . . . a lot of girls have their eyes out for Jet, he's pretty hot." Eliza is eying me while scrolling through her Twitter feed, not really reading anything.

"I suppose so . . ." I mumble and brace myself to open Tumblr.

"You should be careful if people mistake you for his girlfriend or something."

I never thought much about how we would look to other people. But it's only been two days, we couldn't possibly be together that quick! I only knew a little about girls who liked guys, there was an unspoken "dibs" call, and anyone who defied the rule had to show off their dominance, usually without the said boy's knowledge. I shuddered thinking about a crowd of jealous girls out for my head just because they thought I might be dating Jet. Honestly, someone like me with Jet was just so improbable . . .