Sequel: Why I Left

The Sun Only Lasts If We Live

Lasts

My tongue was cut off when I was a baby. I got really bad chickenpox and my tongue suffered so heavily I couldn't speak any more.

So Doctor Kara, who's been my doctor since I was born, cut it out.

I've never really thought about not having a tongue before. I used to think that everyone had no tongue except for my mother.

Like my mother was the weird one.

I've never been to a school.

Never.

Ever.

And I don't want to.

My hands are scabbed and bandaged from endless injections in them, endless syringes being plunged into them. I touch their rough surfaces gently, remembering the pain of each and every little scar.

I guess you want a description of me.

I have an ugly face, mostly due to the fact that I have Leontiasis ossea. I have chestnut brown hair that would be beautiful if only the doctors didn't cut it for every operation or X-ray I have. My clothes are always old and tattered, as my mother spends so much money on my countless visits to Doctor Kara rather than on clothes. We can barely live off the amount of food she leaves money to buy.

I hate being so needy. So expensive.

Maybe it's better if I die. More money for my mother.

Only the world will be gone forevermore.

They can't keep me alive forever. Nor can they keep that Kato guy alive forever either.

So why try?

It's not that they actually care about me. If it weren't for the sun's fate, they'd kill me on the spot.

I've caused my mother many tears.

Because my father divorced her because of me.

Me and my dreadful Leontiasis ossea.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sequel to this coming soon!