Halloween Populars

Prolouge

The room was full of girls, all with ravishing looks, perfect hair and cool clothes. As well as this, all of them sported flawless make-up and untarnished handbags. There were about thirty girls, maybe forty, and they all flashed their smiles in the same way and had faultless manicures and pedicures, coupled with lengthy but yet still stupendous nails.

“And your bait this year?” One of them asked, throwing the other girls a toothy smile as she interrogated one of them. They all responded with a flashy grin of their own.

“My bait?” The girl that was clearly the youngest, but still with the same tanned skin, nails and too-cute hair, said, showering the other girls in a fabulous beam.

As the other girls bared their teeth, the girl who had first spoken nodded impishly. “Yes, your bait.” She continued with a dainty smile and an unseen roll of her eyes.

“The most clueless one there.” Was the answer that came from the youngest girl’s mouth. She tossed her hair and fluttered her eyelashes.

Girlish giggles followed this answer and the youngest one, pleased with the reaction, flashed a grin at the other girls and sat beside the only piece of furniture in the room, the small doorstop that kept open the door. It was not coming too much use as the door was firmly closed.

Once the girls had finished their tittering, the eldest girl held out a slim hand to the other girls. The others placed their hands on top and then they all raised their hands in the air and said in almost identical voices, “Team Popular!”

Then the door opened, quite suddenly, and a sinister voice spoke, “Are you ready to be released? Remember, if you don’t catch one you will be released into the spirit realm. You have 48 hours. I advise you use your first 24 setting up, and the next 24 catching. Go!” The voice did not belong to anyone outside the room, as there was nobody there. So where was the voice coming from?

The girls did not question the voice, however spooky it was.

Once more the girls did their hand movement, and shouted the same words.

“Team Popular!”

And giggling hysterically, forty girls ran into the night.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's not great, but please tell me what you think!