The Queens Terrace

One

A girl stood in the forest, sheltered by trees. Leafy boughs blocked the fading sunlight, letting only speckles of the slow brightening stars enter.

The girl bore a scar down her right cheek. It was a souvenir of a recent battle with her younger sister. The sister had been a bit too violent and her older sibling had been rushed to the A&E. All the girl could remember was frequent streaks of pain. This girl had had hard times, but she hoped nicer, brighter times were just around the corner.

Though she did not look it, this girl was a princess. She blinked in horror as she realized something. As dusk drew nearer and nearer, she faced her fear. “I’m lost. And I can’t believe it!” she brushed strands of hair from her sweaty face. She turned the map she held one way, then the other.

The map had been the wrong way around.

The princess threw down her map and cried,”Thanks, Furby. Really helped that the map was the wrong way around...that was a kind gesture.”

The princess had a pet with golden fur and bright eyes. Nothing seemed to dampen his happy nature. Furby, though a pet, was in charge of her as her parents didn’t have much time to spend with their daughters. They loved them though, and to show them this, they would buy big fat scrapbooks and take photos of everything about their daughters and paste it down. Cinema tickets, old toys, printed e-mails...you name it, they stuck it. They would have funky captions, draw immaculate pictures, colour them and sign every page with: Queen Agatha and King Arthur. They didn’t realise that the princess’ hoped they’d sign it with Mum and Dad.

Furby was a Furbian and so he followed how every Furbians nature must be. They all must be smiley, love everything that was good and gay and, finally, be at least a little dim. Furby excelled at the dim part of the package. There were only two Furbians known to the world, and they both belonged to Queen Agatha and King Arthur. Furby was one of them. Fortin was the other. Fortin was the princesses younger sisters pet. He did everything Furby did, but for the younger princess. Fortins owner was two faced. When she was sweet she was average, but when she was sour she was very very bitter.These are the things she read in the newspaper:

Weekly Ghost Story Issue 1

It is said that our old general was found haunting Slipstream Graveyard. Soon after entering the local graveyard, children Albert Samson and Lucy Cookson were reported missing. Our reporters also found that the ghost looked fatter after they were discovered gone. What do you think happened? Send your answers in and find out if your answer has been published!

Weekly Ghost Story Issue 2

2 children still missing! Some say that they saw a ghost and died of fright. Here's the question: Can you even actually die of fright, and how would you? Be the first to send your answers in, and have it published in this newspaper! Congratulations Lila Cookson for your answer about what could have happened to your sister, but due to technology problems your answer has not printed. Find it in Weekly Ghost Story Issue 4!

Weekly Ghost Story Issue 3

This is a true story. A girl fell asleep. Her dog always had to lick her hand for her to go to sleep. She woke up twice. Both times she heard a dripping noise, and both times her dog licked her hand. The girl was smart at scientific stuff. She found the dog dead the next morning. The blood was what had been dripping. The girl realised that it had been dead before she went to sleep. And (here's the creepy thing), on the mirror, written in blood, was this:

Humans can lick too.

Congratulations Princess Ivy, your response will be recorded next issue. Thanks, The Weekly Bluebird Team, getting tip top news every time!

Bursting through the trees, Furby bounded beside the princess and sang his trademark song:

“I’m a happy, lovable toy, I’m Furby filled with joy! Come an’ play with me...” Furby paused for effect. In this short moment, a bush rustled. The princess walked towards it, fearful that something could jump out. Noticing that he was losing his audience, Furby reached an arm around the princesses shoulder and continued his joyful singing. she now?” thought the princess.

“Allie!”cried Furby, a little too loudly.
“I am beside you, Furby.” the princess replied.
“I am frightfully afraid of the bush. Are you?”responded Furby.

Shaking her head, Allie stepped closer to the bush. “See? There's nothing there.” she said.

Just then a bundle of black streaked past from the bush. Allie screamed.
♠ ♠ ♠
What do you think? Any mistakes? Please tell me!