Status: Updated weekly; double update on Feb 23

The Many Adventures of Harry the Shih Tzu

little humans

After sitting outside for nearly an hour, I finally let Sister take me for a walk – I realized that I had to poop. So, I lead her in the direction of my favorite poop yard. They had a recliner out that smelled like another puppy and a kitty-cat. I wanted to pee on it, but Sister wouldn’t let me. *Sigh*

Then, I saw the little humans that lived there, at the house that belongs to my poop yard. They are always so nice when they see me, petting my fur and reminding me of how cute I am. But they didn’t notice me, and Sister reminded me that I did in fact have to poop. I had finally found the perfect spot when one of the bigger humans came out of the house. (The bigger humans are even better than the small ones.) I ran to him and he bent down to my level and reminded me that yes, I am adorable. The little humans ran over and we played and Sister spoke to them.

The heat made me thirsty. I tried to follow the bigger human inside, but my leash was not long enough. I heard the word “treat” being said, which made me hungry, so I lead Sister home. It wasn’t until we got home, when Sister did not give me a treat that I remembered something: I forgot to poop.

An hour later, after I finished sulking for not getting a treat, I managed to convince Sister to take me on another walk. This time, we went towards the Dachshund’s yard. I heard him barking just before we left. I was slightly fearful of an altercation, but I knew that Sister would protect me.

As we approached his yard there was no sighting off him. I saw the humans that lived there go inside the house, I think one of them was carrying the Dachshund. Happily, I did not see him – but I did pee on one of his lawn ornaments. (Sister was not fast enough to pull me away this time.) Finally, I found the perfect spot to poop right in the middle of the Dachshund’s yard, and when we got home Sister gave me a biscuit. It was delicious.
♠ ♠ ♠
I still can't get over the fact that I walked Harry so he could poop and then he forgot to poop. (He hates pooping in our yard, and will only go in our yard, or any yard near-by, if it's cold, pouring down rain, or if he really has to go.)

Yes, I do know the people that live in the house where my dog likes to poop. (Really, it is his preferred poop yard.) They're big animals lovers and have at least one cat and one dog. (Actually, I think they have two cats.) They also love Harry, and every time we see them outside he insists on saying hi to them. That's not totally weird, is it? No? Okay.

Also, because so many of these entries center around Harry's walks, I'm thinking of making a map of my neighborhood and detailing which directions Harry prefers to go on when we walk. (We go in a different direction depending on his mood, and depending on badly he wants to see or doesn't want to see the Dachshund again.) [Seriously, I need to learn the name of that dog.]

Also, Blake I went back and edited this to add a sigh, just for you. He actually sighs all the time, and it's hilarious.