Status: Active!

If We Jump

You And I Were Meant To Be The Glue That Held The World Together

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dakotah’s P.O.V.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Things were pretty tense around the bus for the remainder of the tour. We were on the last week now and Stephen had barely spoken two words to me since the fight, not that I could blame him. I had mostly been spending time with John and Jess as well as the rest of the band. When they were at shows I would walk around and explore the venue to pass the time. I had considered leaving the tour early and going home, figuring it’d be easiest for everyone. However, Jess had told me she would kill me if I left her alone as the only girl on the bus.

I desperately wanted to talk to Stephen about all this, and eventually one of us would have to start a conversation. For now, I was planning on giving it some time and hoping it would blow over. It was around 5:30 a.m. now and I hadn’t been able to sleep all night. Everyone else on the bus was fast asleep in there bunks. We had gotten to the newest stop on the tour a few hours ago. I played around on my phone for a little bit and then moved to the lounge area. I was sitting on the couch looking out the window, thinking about some things when the door to the tour bus opened.

I didn’t bother turning around to see who it was. I figured it was the bus driver or someone from the band’s crew. I jumped when I heard Stephen’s voice behind me and pulled my legs up closer to my chest so there was room for him to sit. “What are you doing up?” he asked.

“Nothing, just thinking about some things, how about you?” He looked exhausted. He had slight bags under his eyes and his hair was still messy. I could tell he hadn’t slept in a while.

“Same. I couldn’t sleep.” He told me. I half expected him to walk away after that, but he stayed sitting on the couch with me.

“Oh. Me neither.”

“My bunk’s pretty empty without you in it” he said quietly. I looked up to meet his eyes but I didn’t know what to say. “You’re welcome to come back whenever you want to…”

“Stephen, I don’t know if that’s-” I was going to say I wasn’t sure if it was such a good idea, but he cut me off.

“I promise I’ll behave. I won’t kiss you, I won’t cuddle with you, and I won’t even touch you if you don’t want. I just miss you.” I looked up into his eyes and got stuck in his gaze.

“It’s not that…” I said looking away from his eyes. I like it when we cuddle but I want it to mean something like I thought it used to. I don’t want it to be just a casual thing between us. What’s going to happen when he gets a new girlfriend? I highly doubt she would approve and correct me if I’m wrong but most best friends don’t just walk around and act like they’re a couple unless they really are one.

“Then what is it?” he asked. His voice was started to get louder, I knew it would turn into a fight.

“Quiet. You’re going to wake up everyone.” I told him, standing up. He stood too, and closed the flimsy accordion door that separated the lounge and the bunks, like it made such a difference.

“It’s just that… josh told me what happened with you and Jamie, and the way you act around her is like you still love her. I don’t want to be what you have to settle for. I really thought you were beginning to like me when she popped up and proved me wrong. Why have me when you can have her? And were just best friends after all.” I said.

“I used to think I was in love with her.” He laughed, “But it turns out that wasn’t love. You proved me wrong on that one because now I know what it feels like but still-”

“Will you stop saying that? You don’t love me Stephen.” I said shaking my head. For a while, I had known what I felt for him but I wasn’t sure what to call it. I had given up on love so long ago and I was convincing myself it didn’t truly exist, but if not love, then what was this?

“Come here” he said. I took a few steps closer to him and he pressed his lips lightly to mine. There was the familiar fluttering in my heart when it happened, of course. “Tell me you don’t feel anything at all when I kiss you, and I’ll give up.” He stated. I couldn’t tell him that. I’d be lying if I did and we never lied to each other. So I stayed silent instead. After a few moments he raised his eyebrows at me, waiting for an answer. I somehow managed to find enough of my voice to say, “I can’t” and his lips touched mine once more. The kiss lasted longer this time but still remained innocent.

“Jamie and I have been done for a long time. I won’t talk to her at all, if that’s what you want, I don’t care. But I want to be with you.” He told me. I couldn’t stop myself from smiling at his words. I never picked Stephen to be the romantic or loving guy of the group, but he was doing a tremendous job of it now. We heard a faint “aww” come from the back of the bus along with a few hushed whispers. The two of us burst out laughing and he threw open the thin door. John, Jess, Josh, Brian, and Justin Godsey were all standing there, listening to our conversation.

“Justin? When did you get on our bus?” I asked between my laughs.

“Well, you see, Stephen was a bit lonely without you so I’ve been sleeping in his bunk with him to keep him warm.” He said. He looked past me at Stephen, winked at him, and then purred like a cat. That threw everyone into hysterics and I almost fell backwards onto the couch from laughing. Once it had died down a little Stephen explained to me the real reason he was on our bus. “He and Jess had a ‘thing’ last night”

“We did not!” she yelled, hitting him on the arm though both of their faces were red.

“So you two together yet?” Josh asked to change the subject. Everyone had heard Stephen’s side of it already so all eyes were focused on me.

“Well… yeah, I think” I said, looking to Stephen to make sure it was what he wanted. He nodded and smiled at me. “Then yes, we’re together” I announced, smiling back. The gang clapped for us and started cheering until they realized the time. They had a show to get ready for. Eventually, they all got changed and left, except for Stephen. He waited for me to finish getting ready and walked with me, hand in hand to side stage where the band was waiting to go on. When it was time, he gave me a long kiss before leaving. I hadn’t realized it yet, but I was still smiling like an idiot. Today, was a fantastic day.
♠ ♠ ♠
FINALLY!
I made character pages for everyone in this story, but I'm not sure if there's any way to attach them to this, so if anybody knows, i'd appreciate your help!