Status: Active!

If We Jump

The Girl At The Rock Show

My first month at school was, surprisingly, great. The people were nicer than they looked. At my old school I looked just like everyone else, but people still picked me out of the crowd. All the girls there were catty if you weren’t bowing at their feet. Kellington High was nice though. Stephen introduced me to his friends Brian, Josh, Jess, Justin, and his brother John. I had most of my classes with one or more of them, and I sat with them all at lunch. I made a few girl friends as well; one of them even invited me to a house party tonight.

It was Friday, and everyone was making plans for the weekend. Most of the school was talking about going out drinking or to a party of some sort. Stephen walked me to my car after school like he did every day, something no one would have done at my old school. “So what are you doing tonight?” he asked me with a smile.

“Umm, nothing, why?” for a second I actually thought he might’ve been asking me out.

“You want to come hear my band play?” he asked. I had known him for a month and he never mentioned anything about being in a band. “Yeah, I’d love to” I told him. He handed me flyer for the show with the address on it.

When I got home I went to my brother’s room to ask if he wanted to go to the show tonight. I didn’t want to go alone but I definitely didn’t want to back out. After much convincing and the promise to do the dishes tonight for him, he agreed. It was still fairly warm outside so I changed into a pair of shorts. When 8 o’clock rolled around we were making our way out of the house. Of course we were late like always. We parked the car and as we were walking in Sean asked, “So is this guy your new boyfriend or something?”

“No, just a friend” I told him as we walked inside. The room was dark with a spotlight and colorful flashing lights pointed at the stage. There was a food vendor to the right and a crowd of about 200 people in front of me. Despite the protests of many show-goers, I made my way up to the front row. Stephen seemed to be having the time of his life up there playing bass and he smiled when he saw me. I looked around the stage and saw Brian, Josh, John, and Jess up there too. These people had become some of my best friends in Arizona, how could I have not known they were in a band together?

After the show was over, I dragged Sean with me to where the band was. “Hey Dakotah, what’d you think?” Brian asked, hugging me. “You guys are great!” I smiled at him. The rest of the band went around meeting fans but I spotted Stephen a few feet away putting his bass guitar back in the case and slinging it over his shoulders. When we were done talking to Brian, Sean told me he would meet me at the car so I could go talk to Stephen. “Hey Stephen, your band is really good” I said when I reached him. He smiled at me and grabbed the rest of his stuff.

“Thanks Dakotah. What are you doing after this?” he asked after a few seconds. “Me and the guys were gonna go grab something to eat if you want to come”

“That sounds fun, but I’m actually here with someone” I explained. I knew Sean wouldn’t want to go out, he was getting anxious to leave. As much as I wanted to stay with him, Sean wouldn’t have it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stephen’s P.O.V.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When Dakotah walked away I noticed Brent start walking with her. I mean, not that I was staring or anything. Is that who she’s here with? There goes any shot I had with her. Brent is captain of the football team, and also the most popular guy in school. He makes guys like me, look like losers.
♠ ♠ ♠
Dakotah's Outfit
Posting a bunch of chapters tonight! Hope you love them<3