Status: Active!

If We Jump

I'm Trying To Forget That I'm Addicted To You

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stephen’s P.O.V.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Days after we returned home, the five of us were tossed on a plane to god knows where, some place we’d be for the next four months writing a record. I slept most of the plane ride, which was a relief. I hadn’t been sleeping well for a long time. I almost never slept well on tour, since we had parties or went drinking quite often, and we were only home for a few days, during which time there was a lot on my mind. If I could pick one thing to be doing right this instant, it would be to sleep for 12 hours straight. Actually, that’s probably not true, but you get the idea.

We got off the plane together and went to the baggage claim section of the airport to get our stuff. We hauled everything into the hotel we would be staying at for the weekend and then on Monday we would move into a house together to write.

Since we had a few days to ourselves, the guys and Jess had decided we were going to go out tonight. I agreed to go with them, I didn’t see any reason not to. We all got ready and left around 10 o’clock. I finished straightening my hair and met the band in the lobby. We decided just to walk for a little bit before finding somewhere to go since none of us really knew where we were going.

We found a club called Ultra. We were all of drinking age now, well except for John, but he always got in anyway. We partied the night away and stumbled our way back to the hotel. I was having a really great time. I guess we just needed some fun time.

Sunday, everyone pretty much just laid around on the couches groaning about their headaches and hangovers. I was in charge of dishing out Advil. By Monday, a car picked us up to bring us to our new ‘house’. It wasn’t a house at all really. It was more of a mansion to be honest. There seemed to be hundreds of hallways with rooms spilling off each side. There were spiral staircases that never seemed to end. We even had an elevator. I walked onto the back porch and saw we had a lake with speedboats and jet skis nearby. We lucked out big time.

The band had all chosen their respective rooms while I was exploring. They left me with the one on the top floor. I didn’t mind. I’m not sure they even knew it was there. If they did, I’m sure Jess would have chosen it. It was the most lavish place in the house. There was a huge fluffy bed and I had my own balcony. It was great.

I unpacked my stuff quickly before passing out. The first thing I saw the next morning was Brian jumping on top of me with a cape. He was screaming something but I couldn’t understand it.

"What the hell are you doing?" I groaned and rubbed my eyes.

"Were going shopping. Courtney said we can have a few days of fun before we start writing." he explained. I pulled the covers over my head and waited until he left to get up.

We walked down the main roads in town, hearing the cars whizzing by and going into every store possible. Jess and Brian were really into it. John left us to go find a shoe store and Josh and I were dragged into stores by the women of the group.

"I'm gonna go get some coffee. I'll meet up with you guys a little later." I said as I turned to cross the street to Dunkin Donuts.

"Wait I'm coming with you!" Josh yelled desperately, causing me to laugh. We crossed between cars and felt the chill of the air conditioning when we passed through the doors. I followed Josh toward the counter, not really paying that much attention, and pulled a few singles out of my wallet.

"Hi, welcome to Dunkin Donuts, how may I help you?" I heard a bored voice say for probably the hundredth time today. I looked up and met her eyes. She was kind of cute. She was short and had bright red curly hair. She gave me a small smile and Josh elbowed me in the side. I guess it was my turn to order.

"Uhh, yeah I'll have a medium decaf coffee" I declined the cream and sugar she offered me. I preferred coffee black. We paid and she handed us our drinks. I started to walk out of the restaurant and Josh pulled me back, stopping me to sit at a table. "You really want to get back to following Brian around for another six hours?"

I smirked and sat down. I guess he was right. We heard the bell jingle as more people came inside. I didn't pay attention. After a while, Josh finished his coffee and net to get another one. As he came back the bell on the door chimed again. I took a sip from my cup and Josh froze. “Stephen. Don't turn around." he said very quietly.

Of course I turned around. There she was, as beautiful as I remember her being. Dakotah Harp. She had changed a little. Her hair was longer, and it was curly now. She still had the same old red converse she always wore. I found myself unable to look away, despite Josh calling my name.

The guy she was with nudged her arm and she turned towards my direction. She caught my eye for a split second and immediately turned away from me. They ordered quickly and left just as fast. She didn't look at us again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Dakotah's Outfit
please please please comment!