Status: Active!

If We Jump

Secrets Don't Make Friends, They Make Love

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stephen’s POV

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Just trust me” I told her. I was leading her back to our tour bus with my hands over her eyes. I bribed one of the bus drivers to drive us around Arizona tonight. All the bands from the tour were on there waiting. When we got to the door, I removed my hands and she looked at me confused.

“your tour bus?” she asked. I opened the door and walked inside, while she followed close behind. As soon as we got to the top of the steps, everyone jumped up and started yelling. “what is this?” she laughed.

“It’s been years since you rode around with us. We all made some great memories here. We thought we’d give you one more night on tour” I told her. She looked so happy and gave me a hug. My band and all the others from the tour were hanging out in the lounge and kitchen having a party. I nodded to Josh and he clicked the stereo to put on some music.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dakotah’s POV

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I walked around saying hi to everybody and hugging my friends. This was the best thing I could have asked for and I couldn’t thank everyone enough. I spent a lot of time dancing around with The Summer Set. I remember talking to Morgan for a little while and doing tequila shots with Jess, but after that, things get fuzzy.

----------

I woke up alone in a bed that wasn't my own in a room I didn't recognize. I looked down at myself and saw that I was now wearing a long Ramones t-shirt that I knew belonged to Stephen. I figured this must be his and John's new house. I climbed out of bed, dizzy and very hungover, and slowly wandered down the hall to see where he was. I looked into a couple of the rooms that had open doors until I stumbled upon one containing a computer, a bass, a few acoustic guitars, and a bunch of old notebooks that were scattered on a desk.

I knew it had to be Stephen's stuff in here judging by the instruments. I picked up one of the notebooks from the middle of the stack and flipped it open to a random page.

It was full of scribbles and crossed out lyrics. The next page looked like it had been ripped out. The few, legible thing strewn about, read

Every kiss was an adventure
Every night with you was like a holiday


Why did we say goodbye?
I should've held on tight


"Hey" I heard Stephens voice behind me and I jumped. I put the notebook down and turned towards him. He was leaning against the doorframe with his bed head I used to love so much.

"Uh, sorry. I was looking around for you and then I found all this stuff... I shouldn't have snooped" I said, biting my lip.

"No, it's fine," he said as he walked over to me, "look at anything you want"

"Did you write this song?" I asked, pointing to the page I read earlier, "that's the one I sang last night". He nodded. "That's my favorite one. Who's it about?"

He just looked up at me and smirked, not answering. "What?"

"I wrote it about you. A few months after we broke up". I blushed and looked at the floor, searching for a way to change the subject.

"Where did you sleep?"

"On the couch downstairs" he answered like that was just a normal thing.

"Why not your bed?"

"I thought about it but I figured Sober Kodah wouldn't approve" he laughed.

"You shouldn't have given up your bed for me. I would have been fine on the couch."

"I wanted to."

"So I take it this is your shirt?" I laughed.

"Yeah. I brought you up to my room so you could sleep and you immediately took of your dress" he chuckled, "and again, I figured Sober you wouldn't approve so I put that on you" I couldn't help but smile.

"I don't understand why you're so nice to me, even after everything that happened" I said honestly. He didn't need to be. He could have left me in my undies on the couch and I would have been grateful that he let me stay here.

"Because whatever we are or aren't doesn't matter. You're still my Kodah. I'll always take care of you" he said.

"Ugh, stop," I said and he looked at me confused, "stop being such a perfect guy because all it does is it make me feel guilty for not giving you a second chance"

"One day you will, when you're ready. There's breakfast ready downstairs if you're hungry." He kissed my hair and walked out of the room.

I went back into his room to look for my phone and checked my messages. I had one from an unknown number, one from one of my friends from high school, and one from Stephen.

I clicked Stephens first, wondering why he sent me a text. It read: Kodah, there's aspirin and water next to the bed for you, I'll be downstairs if you need anything. And no, you didn't do anything embarrassing last night, other than stripping when I brought you up here(; (no nothing happened there either).

The unknown number was Morgan, saying that we needed to chill again soon before I went back north and the last message said a friend of mine caught the show and I rocked it.

When I finished I went to find the kitchen. Stephen was sitting at the table, just finishing, and there was a plate a food across from him for me.

"I got your text, thanks for that" I smiled as I sat down.

"No problem. I told you I'd take care of you"

"So I should go. This is probably weird for you" I told him, not touching my food.

"No it's fine. You need to eat, and stay as long as you want. You're welcome here anytime." He said, bringing his plates to the sink.

I ate a small portion of what was in front of me, not feeling very hungry. I took mine to the sink too and started washing everything that was in there for him.

"Why are you washing my dishes?" He laughed, coming up behind me.

"Because you used them to feed me and after everything you've done, it's the least I could do". He picked up a towel and started drying them to put away.

John walked in when we were almost done. "Hey Dakotah, did you like that party?" He asked me.

"I loved it, I forgot how much fun a tour bus could be. Seriously, thank you guys". He gave me a goofy smile and went up to his room.

"I assume my car isn't here, would you mind giving me a ride back to it when we're done?" I asked Stephen.

"Yeah of course. If you want to change, your clothes should be somewhere in my room, or you can keep the shirt" he smirked at me. When we were together I was always stealing his tshirts from him and not remembering to give them back for months. "Just let me know when you're ready" he said, going up the stairs to see John.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stephen's POV

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I went upstairs to see John while I waited for her to gather her things. "Where'd you disappear to last night, young man?" I teased him.

"Dude, I literally have no idea but I woke up on Joshs floor, so there's that." At first I thought he was joking but the look on his face told me otherwise.

"So it looks like you got the girl?"

"Close but no cigar" I sighed. After talking with him for a couple minutes, Dakotah knocked on the open door to let me know she was ready to go.

I turned to look at her and jaw almost dropped. She looked so sexy standing there with my shirt and her tights on. "You can't leave yet, you just got here!" John whined from behind me.

"I've been here all night, you're the one who just got here" she laughed.

"Remember sweet, nice little Dakotah who never made of anyone? Where did she go?" He asked and they both laughed.

"Your brother got a hold of me and some his sass must've rubbed off"

"Hey I resent that" I chimed in. She shrugged her shoulders and bit her lip and I couldn't stop staring at her.

"Earth to Stephen!" John said from behind me, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"So you ready?" I said. She nodded and I followed her out to my car.

As I drove we talked about her graduation, our group of friends, and what was next for the summer set.

"How long do you guys have off from touring?" She asked me.

"A year and half and then we're going to Asia. Maybe you could come visit us again before we go, you know see your mom and your friends here too."

"Actually, my moms been bugging me to move back now that I've graduated. So you might have to deal with me for more than just this week" she smiled.

"I think I'll survive." I joked.

"I haven't decided yet though. I feel like either way I'm leaving someone behind." She said and I nodded in understanding.

We pulled up to last nights venue and I got out to walk her to her car. "So when can I see you again?" She asked me. I was a little taken aback that she was the one asking and not me.

"Name the time and place." I told her. She just smiled at me as she got in her car and drove away.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dakotahs POV

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When I got home and mom met me at the door and pretty much suffocated me in a hug. I brought all my luggage into my old bedroom and changed my clothes and went back out to spend some time with her.

We spent most of the day sitting on the couch together watching bad movies and talking about everything that we had missed. It was strange in a good way to see her like this. Arizona was a good place for her to be. When I was growing up she was the super strict parent who would take away everything if we were 10 minutes after curfew. But here, it seemed like she blossomed almost. She seemed more comfortable in her own skin and more confident that I could make my own decisions now that I was a real adult living on my own.

I told her about the concert last night and party after and she hardly batted an eye. "So it sounds like you and Stephen are back together" she said.

"No" I laughed "why is it such a hard concept for everyone to grasp that Stephen and I can just be friends?"

She shrugged her shoulders and went to get ready for her late shift at work. Sean wasn't home to hang out with and I didn't want to bother Stephen or John again today so I texted Morgan back to see what he was up to. He didn’t have any plans today so I went to pick him up.

----------

I picked him up from the hotel he was staying at with his friends. We went to the park for a little bit and decided to go to the mall for some shopping. He wanted my help picking out some new clothes. He was great, almost as great as Stephen. We went to his hotel room when the mall closed to hang out. We were sitting on his bed looking for something to watch on tv when he turned to me.
“I like you Dakotah, you’re the coolest girl I’ve met in Arizona so far” he said with a smile.
“oh you just wait, I get better and better every” I smirked. He reached and put a hand in my hair, kissing me gently before I pulled away.
“why don’t you let me take your mind off him?” he asked me.
“how are you planning on doing that?” as soon as he said it, his mouth was on mine.
♠ ♠ ♠
thoughts?(: