Status: Active!

If We Jump

Stories Yet To Unfold, Tales That Must Be Retold

Brent and I had a pretty good first, second, and third date. Eventually he asked me to be his girlfriend and I accepted. If Stephen still wasn’t going to make a move, I needed to move on. Brent was actually really smart, he liked to talk about the things he knew and he could keep a conversation going good. However, he was the jealous type. He didn’t like me hanging around with John, Josh, Brian, and Stephen. But I wasn’t going to just abandon my friends, so I kept hanging out with them anyway. Brent and I had been on a lot of dates but tonight we were just lounging around in his living room while his parents were out.

We had kissed before, a lot actually, but it felt weird tonight. The way he kissed me was different. It was hard and urgent, like he was trying to get something out of it but couldn’t. His hands started roaming over my body and up my shirt. I started to pull away but he pulled me back with too much force. His hands returned to my bra and I broke my mouth away from his. I saw a flash of anger cross his eyes and he raised his eyebrows. “What are you doing?” he asked. The question sounded like more of an accusation, like I was doing something wrong.

I stood up and backed a little away from him. “I don’t want to do that” I said shaking my head. He stepped forward, closer to me.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stephen’s P.O.V.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Prom night came up sooner than I thought. I didn’t even really want to go anymore, but if I stayed home I knew John would wonder why I didn’t go and I’d have to explain myself. He was lucky enough to get a senior girl to take him to her prom since he wasn’t old enough to go. Brian, Josh and his date, Jess, John and his date, Dakotah and Brent, and I were soon in the white limo on our way to the dance.

Prom was extremely awkward. Or maybe it just seemed that way to me. We were supposed to go as a group of friends, but half of them ditched us for their dates. Jess, Brian, and I were sitting at a table watching everyone dance, trying to figure out something to do to pass the time. “Jealous Stephen?” Jess smirked, breaking my eyes away from Dakotah and Brent.

“No, why would I be jealous?” I murmured. I hadn’t actually told anybody about my crush on her, but somehow they all knew. I was beginning to wonder if they could all see it, maybe she knew too.

The rest of the time we were here was spent talking about Dakotah and listening to Brian and Jess gossip about people in our school. Brent was the first to leave. The prick couldn’t even bring her home, let alone say goodnight to her. The remainder of the limo ride was silent. I wasn’t really sure of what to say to her now, and everyone else seemed to be wrapped up in their own thoughts. After we dropped her off, I sent her a text. I don't know if Brent told you, but you looked stunning in that blue dress.

----------

Monday at school all the couples in the hall seemed more lovey than usual, reminding me that I was still single. I wasn’t in a great mood at all and chemistry first period was definitely going to suck, no matter who was in the class. Dakotah greeted me just as cheerfully as ever but I couldn’t match her smile. We made random small talk until the teacher told us to be quiet. “Come with me after school.” She said suddenly about halfway through class.

“Where?” I wondered. If she had plans to make me hang out with her and her stupid boyfriend there’s no way I could go. I couldn’t take another look them together.

“I’m taking you to the beach.” She said firmly. “Dakotah I’m really not in the mood for-” I started to say but she cut me off with, “You’re going. Because something’s bothering you and when we first met, the group of us would always go and we had a lot of fun. So you’re going.” I guess I couldn’t really talk my way out of this one.
♠ ♠ ♠
Prom Dresses!
some feedback would be great!(: