Status: Active!

If We Jump

You Gotta Swim, Don't Let Yourself Sink

Tour was great. We got to travel to all these cool new places and meet awesome new people. There were parties every few days that we went to sometimes. The tour bus was a lot bigger than I thought it would be. There were six bunks, three on each side of the hallway. Each one was big enough to fit at least two people, if not more. There was a small kitchen area with a table and a fridge, and a lounge with couches, a TV and an Xbox.

Stephen and I practically went everywhere together and sometimes he would hold my hand when we were walking next to each other. It was perfectly fine with me. As cliché as it sounds, I felt electricity in my bones whenever we touched.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stephen’s P.O.V.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We had been on tour for a little over a month and it was about halfway over. It was around 11 o’clock and we had just finished playing our show a couple hours ago. There was a party going on at another band’s bus. John and Brian were already there while Jess, Josh, and I were getting ready. I had asked Dakotah to go, but she said she wasn’t feeling well. I offered to stay with her but she told me she’d rather I went to have fun. I finished straightening my hair and walked out of the bathroom to find Josh. Jess was ready, on the couch waiting for us.

When Josh was finished we walked out of the bus and towards the party. A few moments later, I realized there was someone walking towards us. I looked up and squinted through the dark to get a better look at who it was. As we got closer I realized it was Dakotah and as we passed each other, I could tell she was crying. “Dakotah, why are you crying?” I stopped walking. Josh and Jess stopped once they realized I did.

“Nothing, don’t worry” she said. Her voice was strained, her eyes were wet and her cheeks had been stained with tears. “You guys keep going, I’ll catch up with you later” I told Jess and Josh. They waved goodbye to Dakotah and left. I walked a little closer to her and asked her if she was okay. She didn’t say anything but she nodded. “Let’s go back in the bus, then will you tell me?” I put my arm around her waist and led her back the way I had just come.

We went back in the bus and she sat on the couch in the lounge area. She pulled her legs up against her chest and began wiping her eyes. She wasn’t crying anymore, but I could tell she was still upset. “Go to that party Stephen, I don’t want to ruin your night.” She told me. Ruin my night? She could never do that. Every night I spent with her was good, no matter what we did, and tonight I’m determined to make her feel better.

“I’d rather be here anyway,” I told her, “what happened that made you so upset?” I asked her.

“Brent called me. I don’t even know why I answered. He’s just… mean.”

“What’d he say?” I asked without thinking. If she didn’t want to tell me she didn’t have to. I can only imagine what the dick did now. He’s horrible to her and she doesn’t deserve that. Her eyes grew watery once more as she explained. He said she was worthless and a bitch. He told her he got a new girlfriend that would actually ‘put out’, one that was actually worth his time.

Brent is possibly the worst person I have ever had the displeasure of knowing. I know it’s wrong, but right now, I feel like I could kill him. Dakotah was so sweet; she never did anything bad to anyone. She doesn’t deserve all the crap he gives her.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dakotah’s P.O.V.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stephen intertwined our fingers and kissed my knuckles. “Listen, Brent is a huge douchebag. Don’t listen to him. Listen to me, you’re beautiful. And you’re worth the world.” How did I end up with two people so different? One was so mean and horrifying, while the other was so wonderful. We sat there on the couch and talked for a little bit. Somehow, he still managed to make me laugh even though I was crying just minutes before. It was starting to get really late and they guys would be coming back soon.

“Come lay down with me?” he asked. I agreed and followed him to his bunk. He opened the curtain and helped me climb up in there before joining me. We laid down in his bunk. It was nice because despite our current friendship-only relationship, I didn’t feel at all uncomfortable with him here. A little while later, we heard people outside the bus. Stephen reached his arm out of the bunk and flicked off the light switch. “Shh, don’t tell them we’re here” he laughed.

Seconds later we heard John, Josh, Brian, and a very dunk Jess Bowen walk onto the bus. Soon after that we heard Brian snoring and Jess plop down in the bunk above us, falling asleep.

“What ever happened to Stephen?” we heard John say. Stephen put a finger to my lips and I smiled. They had no idea we were here and for some reason, we found that amusing.

“I don’t know. He went with Dakotah before going to the party. Maybe they hooked up.” Josh laughed. “Well, it’s about damn time.” John added. Stephen and I were shaking with laughter by now. I don’t know how they didn’t hear us. In the morning, I’d find this embarrassing, but right now I was too tired to care.

After they were all sleeping, I glanced at the clock – 2:13 a.m. “it’s late” I yawned. Stephen pushed my hair out of my eyes and laughed. “Are you tired?” he asked. I nodded. “Go to sleep, beautiful” he told me and kissed my forehead. I was out before I could respond.

When I woke up, Stephen was still sound asleep next to me. His arm was secure around my waist and my head was on his chest. Thoroughly embarrassed by myself, I picked my head up off of him and sat up. His eyes slowly fluttered open at the movement. “Hey,” he smiled, looking up at me. He sat up. “Why are you blushing?” he laughed. I didn’t even realize I was. In all honesty, I knew it was probably because he looked really adorable with his hair all messed up. “I didn’t mean to wake you up” I apologized, avoiding the question.

“Don’t worry about it, I had to get up soon anyway” there was a short awkward silence. “Um, thanks for staying with me last night” I smiled. He was always there for me, no matter what. I knew he wanted to go to that party and I hadn’t expected him to stay home. He didn’t have to do that but he did, for me.

Just then, Jess knocked on the wall outside the bunk and threw the curtain open. She looked at the two of us sitting there and her eyes widened. “Uh, Danny’s looking for you” she said slowly but it sounded more like a question.

“I got to go, I’ll see you in a little bit” he told me. He kissed my cheek before climbing out of the bunk and once we heard the door close Jess pulled me out of there. “Tell me everything!” she said, smiling hugely.
♠ ♠ ♠
awwww<3 leave me a comment?