Status: Active!

If We Jump

You're A Pretty Little Flower, But I'm A Busy Little Bee

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stephen's P.O.V.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I felt her lips move roughly against mine and her tongue in my mouth. I lifted her up and her legs wrapped around my waist. She was up between me and the wall. She lifted my shirt over my head and moved her lips to my neck. It was unreal. I couldn't believe this was actually happening. To be honest, I thought she'd end up with Brent in the end, whether I liked it or not. I felt my body react to her touch and I knew she noticed. She pulled her lips off of mine and heard a loud crash.

All of a sudden she was gone. The lights were off and I was alone in my bed. I threw open the curtain and jumped out of bed without thinking enough to calm myself first.

"What happened? Are you okay?" I said walking over to the kitchen. Dakotah picked something up off the floor and threw it away. "Fuck" she said quietly. Still whispering, she apologized for waking me up. Under her breath she added, "You must have been having a really good dream". I forgot about that. I grabbed a pillow off the couch and held it against myself.

"I - uh, sorry" I stuttered. I could tell my face was bright red by now. I backed away and got back into bed. I tried to go back to sleep but my heart was beating too fast. Wasn't sure if it was from being the dream or from being so embarrassed but either way, my body wasn't cooperating with me today.

I finally drifted asleep and awoke many hours later. I climbed out of bed, after making sure everything was where it was supposed to be. It was 3 in the afternoon and everyone was out. I figured I would shower and get dressed and then go find them.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dakotah's P.O.V.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jess had invited me to go out to lunch with her. She was still waiting for the details of the day before when she had gone to wake up Stephen and found us sitting together in his bunk instead. I told her nothing happened but she didn't believe it. I was wondering whether or not I should tell her about this morning.

She was a good friend and all but she still wasn't very good at keeping secrets. I made a deal with myself to tell her as long as she promised not to say anything. We went to this little diner we found just outside of town. We ordered our food and sat down at a little booth nearby. I had ordered coffee, bacon and pancakes. Jess ordered orange juice, eggs, and sausage. "So did you and Stephen spend the night together again?" she asked suggestively. I rolled my eyes.

"No. And nothing happened that night anyway!" I could tell she didn't buy it so I told her the whole story. Her face fell. " Oh. I thought I was gonna get some juicy details or something."

"No. But if you pinky promise you won't say a word to anyone - not even the band and especially not Stephen - I have some information you might be interested in" I said, taking a bite of my pancakes. Her eyes widened. "I swear, not a word!" she was getting way too excited.

"Well really late last night, I had to pee but I tripped on my way to the bathroom and it woke up Stephen…” I began. I told her the story and by the end she was cracking up.

“Oh my god! I can’t believe he did that! He was probably dreaming about you, you know” she said. My face instantly reddened. I shook my head and stuttered while trying to say no. “Why can’t you just accept the fact that he likes you, probably even more than that?” she asked.

“It’s not like that Jess… I mean, Stephen doesn’t think about me like that.” I told her.

“Do you think about him like that?”

“I- I don’t know, I mean, well, that’s not the issue here!” I always seemed to lose my words when it came to him. Of course I thought of him like that. He was gorgeous, and adorable, and sweet, and he always knew just what to say to make me smile, even if I was crying my eyes out.

“C’mon were going to find him” she said and stood up. No. she wouldn’t do that, would she? She couldn’t go tell him I liked him!

“What? Jess, no!” I protested but she grabbed my hand and pulled me out of the booth and out the door of the diner. We stopped at a 7-11 on our way home and bought graham crackers, chocolate, and marshmallows. Apparently they planned a bonfire with all the buses tonight. She told me it was a farewell party because one of the bands had to leave tour early. We got back to the bus around 4 o’clock. Meaning we had about 5 hours until the party started. Thankfully, Stephen wasn’t around for her to talk to.

“Hey Dakotah, what’s up?” josh greeted me as he walked onto the bus.

“Hey Josh” I smiled. I was looking through my stuff for a hoodie to wear tonight since Jess said I had to go with her. “I’m gonna go to the store and get some shit for tonight, you want to come?” he offered.

I agreed. I had some time to kill and if Jess was going to spill the beans, I didn’t want to be around when it happened. We walked to the little package store that was nearby. We mostly made small talk. I guess he’d heard about this morning from Stephen and we were both avoiding the subject. As we walked into the store we saw someone walking out. I was looking at my phone and I didn’t realize who it was until he said my name. Speak of the devil. Stephen was walking out of the store with a coke bottle in his hand.

“Hey Dakotah, I’ve been looking for you” he said. I told Josh I’d meet him inside and sat down on the bench outside with Stephen. “Sorry, Jess and I went out for breakfast and then Josh asked me to come get party supplies with him.” I apologized. We talked for a few minutes and then he said he had to get going.

“I’ve got to go help them set up for the party. I’ll talk to you in a little bit?” he asked and stood up. I followed his action and nodded. Then, something I definitely was not expecting happened. His eyes went down to my lips. I brushed it off as nothing, that is, until he acted on it. He leaned in and his lips lightly brushed against mine. The kiss lasted only a couple seconds but it still sent shivers up my spine. He said goodbye and walked back towards the direction of the bus. I walked inside the store and saw Josh holding various bottle of alcohol and struggling to pick up another. I ran over to him and took two of them from him. “Thanks” he laughed.

“No problem” I smiled. Today was going better than I had expected.
♠ ♠ ♠
comment? recommend? subscribe? please?<3