The Heart of the Night

Chapter Two

"That was delicious," Dylan exclaimed as he stretched out his arms, opening the small black booklet and looking at the bill.

"I got the tip if you want honey," Mandy offered, opening up her purse and looking for a few loose bills.

"Sounds like a plan to me, I'm going to go up front and pay the bill," Dylan excused himself and ventured off away from the table.

Pulling out a ten dollar bill, Mandy closed her purse and sighed at the fact that she had nothing smaller. Perhaps this will impress the server she thought to herself, looking over that the beautiful woman serving at the next table and approaching her.

"I'll be right back with your drinks," The server giggled at the elderly couple she was serving, quickly turning around and slamming into Mandy, who ended up stumbling back.

"OH MY GOSH! I am so sorry miss!" The waitress apologized, reaching her hand out to help Mandy up.

"It's no problem," Mandy softly replied, grabbing the offered hand and used it to pull herself up. As she rose up, she felt her hand tingle from the woman's touch. She held on to the servers hand for a brief moment, before hastily pulling away embarrassed and watching as the woman gave her a small smile.

"I hope you enjoyed your meal," She gushed towards Mandy.

"I did, but I wanted to personally give you this," Mandy told her, handing the server the cash, "You were absolutely wonderful tonight."

"Oh darling, thank you so much! How generous of you!"

Mandy looked over the server again, she was a few inches taller than Mandy and incredibly petite. Her jet black hair was pulled back into a ponytail and a name tag was pinned neatly on her top, which Mandy noticed read Sophia.

What a beautiful name Mandy thought to herself.

"There you are, I thought I lost you," Dylan's voice interrupted as he wrapped his arm around his wife and gave her a soft kiss on the top of her head.

Mandy frantically looked at Sophia who's eyes shined and she giggled, looking down at her feet embarrassed.

"I was just thanking Sophia for her excellent service," Mandy replied, causing Dylan to look at Sophia and grin.

"Yeah, you were great, thank you for everything tonight."

"It was my pleasure having you," Sophia concluded, "If you excuse me, I have to get back to my tables," she stated, walking past the couple and giving a sly smile towards Mandy, who blushed furiously.

"Let's go home!" Dylan said, leading them towards the front door.

Mandy followed her husbands lead, looking behind her trying to catch a final glimpse of Sophia.