Teeth

I'm ready for love, and I'm ready for war

The cool fall air dances across my exposed skin leaving goosebumps in its wake. I rub my hands over my arms as I try and get warmth to my body as I wait for this line to move. There is a new bouncer at Vlad’s so that means I can’t just wink an eye and I’ll be in there with my posse, dancing to the latest in house music. But that’s not the case. I’m stuck in line with Rosemary and Vincent and the rest of the average vampires and humans in Los Angeles.

“We should just leave, this isn’t worth it.” Vincent whines as he pulls his leather trench coat close to his body. “Come on this bar isn’t worth the wait, Ace. It was never worth the wait.”

“Yea, Ace. Let’s go. If we leave now we can get to Admiral’s Arms before it’s completely overrun by these leeches.” Rosemary says as she looks some female vampires walking past us wearing barely anything and not a goosebump in sight.

“Vlad’s has better bartenders.” I point out. “Plus I’m still kinda banned from Admiral’s. After me sleeping with the one bartender and him nearly getting killed by daddy, the owner wants me no where near the place.”

“You just had to ruin it for the rest of us, didn’t you?” Vincent groans. “It looks like tonight has been a total waste. We’re never goin’ to get in at this rate. We should just leave.”

“You’re whining way to much, Nightwine.” I note. “Are you on your man period?” I just smirk when he glares at me, flipping me off as well. “Seriously relax will you; there is a reason why I’m here. It’s for Daddy. He needs me to do something.”

“What is your father making you do this time?” Rosemary asks, afraid to know the answer.

But before I can open my mouth, a black Ferrari speeds up and parks right in front. Seconds later, the engine is killed and two girls emerge from the passenger seat; giggling. The driver comes around the car and puts an arm over the girls’ shoulder. A smirk appears on my lips, he’s here.

“What the hell is Alejandro Santiago doing here?” Vincent spits. “It’s bad enough low level vampires and poisoning the air now he’s here to add to it? This is a mainly human club. They shouldn’t be allowed in.”

“Try telling his father that.” I chuckle. “Besides him being here is a good thing…”

“And what is that?” Vincent spits. His hatred for vampires is getting tiring.

“He’s the reason why I’m here.” I inform them just above a whisper. “Daddy wants me to keep an eye on him. He’s going to be making a move on his dad’s territory. He wants me to keep a close eye on the prince. Because Alejandro has the power to make all our lives a living hell…”
♠ ♠ ♠
comment&subscribe?

title credit: My Name is Human by Highly Suspect.