Dirty Laundry

Saints

"Oh my god, you look fine!" Taylor rolled his eyes and tossed his phone across her messy bed, "That shirt literally looks like the seventeen others you've tried on already."

Kyla pulled at the bottom of the black shirt with ties across her cleavage and looked at herself again in the mirror, "But, like, is there a little too much boob action happening?"

"It's Saturday night, you can never have too much boob action," Taylor stood up and looked at himself in the mirror.

He'd worn a black t-shirt with faded jeans, motorcycle stitching at the knees. His curly brown hair was styled in a controlled mess on the top of his head.

"Why am I even asking you about my tits?" Kyla sighed and resigned herself to the shirt she had on.

Taylor looked at her in a jokingly scornful way, "Just because I'm a gay man, doesn't mean that I can't objectively say that your tits look great."

Kyla laughed and pulled up her ripped jeans that were maybe a little too tight. She'd spent the last month and a half eating a little too much while crying and hate-watching Gilmore Girls on Netflix. How the fuck did those two messes of women manage to coax men into loving them? She sure couldn't make a healthy relationship happen.

It had taken coaxing from Taylor to convince her to finally go out on a Saturday night, but she'd grown tired of the judging looks from her roommate. She'd straightened her now long nearly black hair and given her legs a much-needed shave.

"So do you want to hit up Black Jack's or the other bar on Jensen?" Taylor asked Kyla as he scrolled through his phone, "I was thinking the one on Jensen Street because I'm a little bored of the frat boys at Black Jack's."

"Jensen Street Tavern?" Kyla scrunched her nose.

"Oh you're too good for it now?" Taylor asked with raised eyebrows.

Kyla rolled her eyes and started rummaging through shoes in her messy closet, "I know that Josh likes that bar and I wouldn't want to run the risk of seeing him or his douchebag friends."

"Josh and his stupid friends like every bar in this city! If we avoided every bar they like, we wouldn't have a single place to go."

"I guess so," Kyla mumbled.

"Go with the black booties," Taylor advised, glancing up from a text, "Brianna's gonna meet us at Jensen Street. Get your shit together!"

Kyla smiled and sat on the edge of the bed to pull on her shoes. She mulled over whether to apply lipstick, but decided against it. She'd grown a little too lazy to go through the hassle of checking and reapplying it all night.

Taylor ordered an Uber, and after a spritz of perfume, Kyla felt ready enough to take on the town.

----------

"Thanks so much!" Taylor grinned, as the Uber driver pulled up out front of the bar.

Kyla and Taylor scooted out of the black car, each adjusting their outfits before casually walking to the front door. After a brief exchange with the bouncer, their ID's were checked and they made their way inside.

She felt rusty and out of place already. Everything was "BBU" and "ABU" now, though. Before Break Up and After Break Up. It had been messy in the way that a "barely relationship" could be messy.

Kyla and Josh had met at Black Jack's and ended up hooking up in a drunken stupor, falling into her bed after one too many Jameson shots. What transpired over the next six months was tumultuous at best, and when it had finally come to a screeching halt, both of their friend groups hadn't been surprised.

He'd always refused to call her his girlfriend or make it "Facebook official." Kyla had turned into someone who accepted half-ass excuses and, as her friends repeatedly reminded her, less than she deserved. But their physical chemistry was off the charts, and she'd never had better sex in her life. She found that difficult to give up.

"Ky! Tay!" Brianna excitedly yelled from across the bar, raising a drink in one hand and a pool stick in another. She had on a leather jacket, white top, and high-waisted jeans.

A wide smile was painted across her mouth, her shoulder-length blonde hair swaying. As usual, she was surrounded by an audience of young men. The three best friends embraced in a hug and walked the few steps to the bar.

"She'll take a vodka tonic, he'll take a PBR and I'll take another whiskey ginger, please," Bri cooed to the bartender who nodded and turned to make the drinks, "How are you? You look hot as hell, girl!"

Kyla smiled and smacked her friends butt playfully, "You're one to talk!"

Brianna jokingly turned and shook her butt, gaining even more attention from her admirers, who she tactfully continued to ignore.

"So what's it gonna be tonight, ladies?" Taylor asked as he picked up the pint of beer and took a first sip, "Are we on the prowl or are we keeping it to ourselves?"

Kyla shrugged, squeezing the lime into her drink, "I mean, I'd just rather hang out - "

"Shut up!" Brianna interrupted, "You are so not gonna be a nun tonight. Really, we need to get you laid. How long has it been?"

Kyla blushed and swirled the small straws around her clear drink, "I'm not really worried about it."

"Ky!" Taylor rolled his eyes, "This is your prime! Don't waste it because of some douchebag."

Brianna agreed and herded them toward the pool table, introducing Kyla to the men who'd gathered in the area. After a few more drinks, Taylor brought tequila shots and Kyla felt the familiar warmth of a buzz take over her body.

This was how it had been BBU. The three of them would go out together, find a group of guys who'd buy them alcohol and then stumble out together to find the nearest 7-11 for snacks. Occasionally they'd break ranks and bring someone home, but their loyalty kept them together most nights. Josh changed that.

Kyla lavished in the laughter, joining in on games of pool until it was already past 11. A messy-haired guy from the group had taken to her fairly quickly, instructing her on lining up shots and buying her drinks.

She was happily distracted when she heard Brianna and Taylor simultaneously mutter, "Shit."

Kyla turned to them, mid-laugh, and followed their eyes to the front door of the bar.

Her face fell as she let out a breath, "Fuck. I'm gonna need another shot."

Josh had walked in with his friends, looking around the bar. His eyes locked on Kyla and his blank expression didn't change. It was the first time she'd seen him since she'd walked in on him fucking another woman.
♠ ♠ ♠
I haven't written on this site in YEARS and I've been missing it recently. I apologize for being so rusty and would love constructive criticism.