A Sleepless Study

2

As the class wore on Sora and Yugyeom seemed to work well together, their partnership was equally split. All of the information was coordinated over text and then usually typed up by Sora. The weight of the midterm season was starting to crash down on them.
"Remember the your midterm lab paper will be due on the day of our test, please have it proofed. Class dismissed."
Sora quickly rose up, her body wobbling slightly. With all of her midterms she'd been getting less and less sleep. There were lots of sick patience at the hospital that liked when she was there so she was taking more clinic hours in the process of trying to cram and write a paper.
"I have to run, we can talk about the paper later?"
Yugyeom met her eyes and nodded slightly.
"Yeah, text me when you're free to work on it."
She would never admit that she enjoyed being around Yugyeom, he was smart and sweet...not to mention very attractive and tall.

"Noona!" A small voice called up to Sora.
She looked down to see a small boy with his oxygen tank being pulled along behind him staring up at her, a folded up piece of paper held tightly in his little hand.
"Yes?" She smiled at him, she knelt to his height.
"This is for you as a thank you for being the best thing ever."
He quickly passed her the folded paper and turned to head back towards his hospital room.
Sora carefully unfolded the paper and smiled softly at the image depicted.
It was her; in her pink scrubs, her long black hair pulled up into twin buns, her typical converse roughly drawn on her feet. Beside her in the drawing was the little boy with whom she was holding hands. Scribbled along the bottom was a message.
'Thank you for taking care of me, Nurse Sora. I love you!'
She sucked in a small breath and tried to hold in her sentiment, she almost felt like crying due to the sweet gesture.

| We can meet in the coffee shop to work on the paper, I have a lot of it done already.
Yugyeom read the text from Sora that had just come in, it was around 4:00 pm.
| Sounds good, 10 minutes?
| Yeah, see you then.
He stood up from his desk and reached for his jacket.
"Where are you going?" Jungkook questioned from his bed.
"Paper writing for O-Chem."
"Try not to stare at her." The computer science major snickered.
"Shut up." Yugyeom rolled his eyes.

Sora pulled her laptop from her bag and opened the document as she waited for Yugyeom to arrive. Jimin, the barista, offered her a cheery smile. She returned it and stood to go order something, as she rose from her seat she noticed the tall and lanky mathematics major walk into the shop. He offered her a wave and walked over quickly.
"Sorry I was talking to my roommate." He apologized.
"It's not a problem, I have the paper open on there. I'll be right back, I'm going to get some coffee."
She walked to the counter and smiled at Jimin again.
"Same as usual Sora-ssi?"
"Yes please!" She pulled her card out and swiped it.

"You should send it to me over email and I can work on it too."
"Okay, will do." Sora said as she closed her laptop.

Sora looked around the Video Game Club meeting room, Baekhyun had personally asked her to attend the meeting. Her eyes drifted shut ever so slightly, the sound of the door closing woke her from her daze. She sat up a little straighter at her computer.
Jungkook took his seat beside her and looked over her skeptically.
"Hm?" She asked meeting his eyes.
"You look dead, have you even slept?"
"...Sure!" She said after a second to think of the right answer.
If she was going to be perfectly honest, she hadn't actually slept in her bed for an extended period of time for over five days. She had only taken naps at her desk in her free time, which was dwindling now. She had really been planning to sleep, but she had a hard time saying know when Baekhyun asked her to do things.
"That sounded like bullshit, but okay." Jungkook commented as he cast her another glance.

"You still haven't introduced me to your lab partner, to be honest I'm a little hurt by this." Bambam whined as he sprawled over Yugyeom's bed.
"Well..."
"You can't come up with an excuse, can you?"
"Not even one." The taller of the two admitted.
"Do you have a picture? You must."
"I'm not creepy, I don't just have pictures of my lab partner laying around."
"Not even a contact picture?"
"Nope."
"Lamee." Bambam hummed as he rolled over on the bed.
The door opened and Jungkook walked into the room again.
"Jungkookie! Has he introduced you to his lab partner?"
"Hm? Yugyeom-ah?" The boy questioned, a surprised look on his face.
"Yeah!"
"No?"
Bambam huffed, clearly displeased with that answer.

Sora stared at her laptop as she sat at her desk, her eyes drifting shut. Just as they closed there was a ping from her phone, her eyes flew open and she glanced down to see a message from Yugyeom.
| Sora-ssi, I was wondering if you wanted to go get dimsum and work on the paper.
She glanced at the time on her laptop to see that it was 6 in the evening, she had been up for almost twenty four hours straight.
She blinked a few times and sent him a yes response, she realized that she looked like a mess. Yugyeom was rather attractive, he was tall with sharp features and a cute mole under his eye. She should at least put forth effort to look decent for him. She realized that this was silly and that they were just going to work on the paper for their class but it was almost a date.
She pulled on some actual clothes rather than sweats and a hoodie. She pulled a brush through her hair and tied it into low twin buns.

The pre-med student quickly made her way into the on-campus dimsum shop. She had never been in there, but it seemed really pleasant. A boy with bleached out hair and a large smile looked up at her.
"Hello! I'm Jackson, how many?"
"Oh, um I guess he's not here yet. Two."
"You're meeting someone?"
"Y-yeah."
"Well, he may be here. What's he look like."
"Really tall, messy black hair, mole under his eye?"
"Yugyeomie?" The rather buff looking man questioned.
"Yeah!"
"Oh, he's already here. You must be his lab partner."
Sora felt her face heat up as Jackson lead her into the sitting area of the shop. At a far corner table was Yugyeom, who was staring down at a menu.
"Here you go."
"Thank you so much."

Yugyeom felt his face heat up as he heard Sora give his description, she'd noticed the mole?
He glanced up as she walked to him, she looked so pretty. She had her laptop case on her back, the black straps hanging on her shoulders. She offered him a smile, his throat clenched.
"Anyeong." She greeted him.
"H-hi." He mumbled with a smile.
"Ready to work?"
He looked over her face, her dark circles were darker than usual. Her pale skin seemed almost translucent.
"Are you feeling okay?" He questioned looking closely at her.
"H-huh? Yeah, I'm good." She stuttered out.

The bell on the door to the shop tinkled, Yugyeom paid it no mind until the voice of one of his best friends met his ears.
"Hyung! Table for four please!" Bambam all but sang.
Footsteps approached the sitting area and the mathematics major looked up just in time to see Jinyoung, Youngjae, Mark, and Bambam enter the table area. He dropped his gaze in hopes that they wouldn't notice him.
"Yugyeom-ah? I was thinking about this part from the text." Sora commented as she pointed to a highlighted area of her book.
"Yugyeomie!" Mark's loud, excited voice called over.
His head snapped up and he was greeted with the sight of his hyungs making their way over to his table, Jackson snickering from the doorway.

"Nice to meet you, Yugyeomie talks about you all the time." A boy with silvery-blond hair commented with a wide smile, "Oh! My name is Mark Tuan."
"The pleasure is all mine, my name is Nam Sora." She bowed to the group of boys.
"I see why you didn't want to introduce me to her! She's gonna realize how lame you are and like ME!" A thin looking boy commented with a triumphant look upon his thin face. His hair was messy and dark brown.
"I-I'm sorry. This is Bambam-"
"His BEST friend!" Bambam cut in with a large grin.
"It's nice to meet you." Sora commented softly, she wasn't awake enough for that kind of noise.
"We're kind of doing our work right now." Yugyeom snapped up at the other boys.
"Is that any way to speak to your hyungs?" The one who had introduced himself as Jinyoung commented, a smirk on his face.
The younger man rubbed his temples and then turned back to Sora;
"So you think the highlighted text would work well there?"
"I do." She said deciding it was best to get back to work.

The deadline for the paper was drawing nearer and nearer each day. Sora collapsed into her bed for the first time in almost three days. Her eyes slid shut and she felt her body go heavy.
She knew she should spend more time editing the paper but she just couldn't bring herself to open here eyes.
Just as she started to drift off, with its usual wonderful timing her phone rang.
Her eyes flew open and she looked over to see that it was Amber, who was one of her study partners for her minor.
"Hello?" She slurred.
"Did I wake you up?" Amber asked, worry in her tone.
"No, no. I wasn't asleep." Sora said quickly, it was true...mostly.
"We should probably hit the library, we have our Biology exam tomorrow."
"Y-yeah, I'll meet you there in fifteen?"
"Sounds great! See ya then!"
Amber ended the call and Sora knew she should get ready to go. She pulled on her jeans and shoes and gathered her study material.

Yugyeom leaned against the back of his chair as he sat at a table in the library, Mark was working on a paper he was writing for his Renaissance Art History class. Jinyoung was pouring over his Ethics textbook, tons of little flags stuck out. Bambam was sketching something for the theater departments new production. Jungkook was typing away for his coding class on his laptop. Yoongi was listening to music and reading his Musical Composition book. With a sigh he picked back up his Integral-Calculus text book and continued to read.
"You really look exhausted." A voice commented.
Looking for a reason not to study, Yugyeom looked up to see Sora walking in with Amber.
"I'm good." The pre-med student commented, rubbing her eyes with a slight yawn.
He accidently made eye contact with Sora and quickly looked back at his book.
"I'll be right back." Her voice commented.
A tap on his shoulder made him raise his eyes to see her.
"Yugyeom-ah, did you get my email about the paper?"
"Yeah." He commented quietly.
"Sora-ssi!" Bambam cheered loudly.
"Ssh!" A sharp hiss came from the checkout desk where one of the student librarians sat looking at a book.

"I-I should really go back to studying for my biology test." Sora said as she felt four pairs of eyes turn up to look at her.
"Oh, yeah sorry. See ya later." Yugyeom commented with a smile.
"Sora-ssi," Jungkook's voice called as she started to leave.
"Y-yes? Jungkookie?"
"We have a club meeting tonight, Baekhyun told me to remind you."
"R-right. See ya later then." She quickly turned and left.
She made her way back to the table where Amber had set out various forms of study materials.
"Okay, so we should start with these cards."
"Yeah." Sora said with a yawn.

"You didn't tell me you knew my lab partner." Yugyeom commented as he sat at his desk.
"You didn't tell me you knew my gaming partner." Jungkook shot back.
"I suppose, oh well."
"I can't believe you have a crush on Sora."
"What's so hard to believe about that?" A hint of offense coloring the Math majors tone.
"Well, she's way to hard working to have time to like you. She never sleeps as it is." Jungkook commented passively.
Yugyeom thought for a moment then realized that he was right, she was way to hard working to ever be able to put us with his shit. She did almost all the typing for the paper, he just hoped she would let him edit it for her. She deserved some sleep.
"Yeah..."