Sequel: Afterglow
Status: Complete! Sequel coming soon.

Miles Away

Fifteen.

Long distance, it turned out, wasn’t too bad. Sure, it did get hard when all they wanted to do was hug each other or lay with each other, but the feelings that they had overpowered the sad parts. John wasn’t sure what he had been so worried about when looked back on it. Maybe he had only been focused on the bad, and not on the good - like how he could tell Alex how beautiful his eyes were too, or how gorgeous he looked when he had just woken up and his hair was disheveled.

It had been just barely three weeks since they had gotten together, and things were okay in John’s life for the time being. It was obvious to everybody that followed him on Twitter, too, his tweets becoming much happier. There were still depressing ones once in a while, but they were becoming a rare occurrence. He no longer cared about being the third wheel or not getting invited out on the weekends.

All in all, things were pretty alright so far.

It was a Friday night when Alex made a suggestion. They were on Skype, talking like they always did these days. The rest of their families were out either working or spending time with their own friends. It was a perfect opportunity to try something, Alex had casually said.

“You want to do what?” John asked again, shocked at what his boyfriend was suggesting they do. After all, he had taken the now blonde boy (he had recently dyed it) to be innocent as hell, but now he wasn’t so sure about that train of thought.

“Phone sex!” Alex spoke excitedly, his eyes even showing how hopeful he was that John would agree, “It’s like sexting but stronger.”

“But we haven’t ever sexted--”

“Shh, I don’t care. It’ll be worth it, I swear,” He was practically begging at this point, and the teenage boy in him was showing through.

“I mean, yeah, we can do it--”

“Awesome. John, you won’t regret this, I literally swear on my left nut,” Alex jokes, but really, now was not the time. John rolls his eyes, and is quick to respond.

“Don’t you need that for this?”

“Dude, I’m not gonna cut it off and give it to you. Just… Just wait until we do this to see if it’s worth it or not,” Alex then lifted up his hand, his only finger being extended his pinkie. “Pinkie swear you’ll love it. You know I won’t break a pinkie swear.”

John rolls his eyes once, but he holds up his finger as well. It’s not like he was being forced into this (consent was important to the both of them, of course), he was mostly just messing with the blonde. Sure, he was nervous, but… he was curious as well. “Pinkie swear.”

After that, Alex leans his elbows on his desk. His eyes are hungry almost in the way he’s watching John. “So,” He begins, voice low, “Take your pants off for me. Slowly. Put on a show.”

The tone of his voice is strange, but not in a bad way. No, it has John twitching in his jeans, the way Alex speaks as if he’s in charge. “You wanna move the camera so I can see everything big guy?” Alex continues before John can get a word in or even stand up. Yeah, smart, John thinks, it would be much easier to just move the camera. It wasn’t thought of until Alex mentioned it, and now John is thankful.

He listens to the suggestion – order? – and reaches his long arms forward. The computer is pulled closer to the edge of the desk, and he positions it so that his webcam is pointing more downward. Now, only the tip of his nose and down is visible.

“Are you gonna do it too?” Is all John can muster up, not wanting to be the only one doing this. He’s nervous enough as it is, and it would make all of that even worse if he was the only one doing it. This was new to him, being so intimate with somebody. Alex would be his first, through a screen or not.

It wasn’t even a question. Of course Alex was going to do it too - just after John. It wasn’t a “you do it first, I’ll follow sort of thing” either, just him wanting to take charge. “Duh, babe,” he responds smoothly, and John swears he sees a reassuring smile.

With a nod, he turns his attention to getting these jeans off. They suddenly felt too tight and his face suddenly felt like it was on fire. He wriggles out of the denim, though not very gracefully, and when they’re pooled around his ankles his hand goes to his crotch. His long fingers run over the forming bulge, his attention completely on anything but Alex’s eyes.

It’s not like he was really all that embarrassed - well, he was. He was just more shy than embarrassed. This was his first time doing anything remotely sexual with anyone else, besides kissing. That was different, nowhere near as intimate… and he hasn’t even kissed Alex before.

Plus, he didn’t really want to see Alex’s reaction when he saw his dick. What if it was bad? What if Alex saw it and then decided to call everything off? John didn’t exactly know how a dick could be “bad” but he was still worried about these things. After all, Alex seemed to be the type to know the difference between a good and bad dick, so he was concerned. He had every right to be in his opinion.

“Holy shit, Johnny…” Alex spoke, surprising John. He felt like his entire body was going to turn red at this point. He was scared of his voice coming out shaky when he spoke.

“Is it that bad?”

“Fuck, definitely not. Holy shit,” John could hear Alex’s breath from his speakers, hot and heavy. He could tell that, at least. It confirmed that Alex was, in fact, enjoying this so far. “How do you even fit all of that in your jeans?”

He swore he saw Alex’s hand disappear under his desk.

“I- I just-”

“Fuck, never mind, just-- can we do this?”

John didn’t need to be asked twice. He rolled down his Calvins, exposing his length. It’s then when he hears Alex’s breath hitch again, face reddening. He’s getting worked up, and it’s obvious to the both of them. He leans back in his chair, and now John can see that he has himself exposed, hand working around his cock slowly, as if he was drawing this out; which he was, but his boyfriend didn’t need to know that little detail.

“Hey John, do you want to go get pi-- WHAT THE FUCK?”

“Shit--” John barely had time to register what was going on, not hearing the door open up with his friend Garrett on the other side, but he tried to hide his bottom half as fast as he could and hang up. He was basically smacking his computer keyboard before giving up and slamming it shut. He didn’t need Garrett to see what he was doing, much less his boyfriend’s dick.

He wasn’t so lucky with the first half of that.

Needless to say, he was teased by two of his friends the whole night while they got pizza, and Alex was left not only hard and confused, but embarrassed once he received a text from John that read, “I’m going to die. My friends came in to get me and drag me out to pizza and instead saw me WITH MY DICK OUT.

Alex would be lying if he said he wasn’t a bit disappointed, too.