Sequel: Afterglow
Status: Complete! Sequel coming soon.

Miles Away

Eighteen.

John should’ve known that not calling Alex would cause issues.

He also should have known that ignoring Alex and not telling him things would, too.

And really, it’s not that Alex wasn’t understanding or anything. Because he was. Alex was very understanding and probably the best human being on this fucking planet, but even the best people had a point of no return.

It started when John called two whole days later, apologizing profusely. Which was fine.

Really, it was.

Alex totally wasn’t mad at all.

Okay, that’s a lie, but only sort of. Alex was furious. He didn’t like being ignored, but when John let everything out, he was just done. They were on the phone for a while, talking out what had happened and trying to catch up.

And then John had let it slip that he was going to Arizona State University.

And he let Alex be sad he wouldn’t ever meet John and excited to just be in the same fucking state, when they would be on the same campus. They could be roommates, for fuck’s sake, and John just said nothing and let Alex go about the conversations.

At least Alex knew now that this was why John acted strangely whenever ASU was mentioned.

That was their last conversation as boyfriends.
♠ ♠ ♠
Short filler and cliffhanger. :-)
Oops.