Sequel: Afterglow
Status: Complete! Sequel coming soon.

Miles Away

Twenty Three / Epilogue.

The smell of popcorn drifts through the entire dorm and into John’s room, making him look up from the textbook sitting on his desk. He furrows his brows as leans back in his chair, looking through the open door. The first thing he sees is Alex humming to himself, hands on hs hips as he watches the microwave.

It’s normal for his boyfriend to be making popcorn at eleven at night, so John shakes his head and goes back to studying, pushing his glasses up on his nose. They always slipped down, and Alex teased him for it.

He’s interrupted when the microwave beeps, and then is followed by, “John! Get your skinny ass out here!”

Needless to say, he’s terrified. He’s out of his chair and slamming his book shut faster than ever before, setting his glasses on top of the now closed book. Making Alex wait isn’t a good idea, not when he’s probably being a needy little shit - not that John has a single problem with it. He actually kind of adores it.

“What’s up?” He asks as soon as he’s out of his room, walking over and setting a hand on Alex’s shoulder. He rubs it before slowly moving his arm down and around the smaller boy’s waist.

A soft hum is the reply, a smile soon gracing Alex’s lips.

“We’re going to watch the Office. It’s a disgrace that you’ve never seen it.”

With a shrug, John agrees. He doesn’t know what he’s getting himself into.

----------

A couple hours later, John and Alex are still sat on the latters bed. John’s long arm is around his boyfriend shoulder, and honestly, he stopped paying attention after three episodes. He just doesn’t understand the hype for this show, and he voices this without thinking.

“What’s all the hype about this show?” He asks, tilting his head at Alex.

He’s met with a hard glare, and he doesn’t process it as he’s shoved off of the bed. Which really fucking hurts. Not only that, but the popcorn was on his lap, and now… well, when he opens his eyes and groans, it’s on this chest. And on the floor. And squished under him.

He closes his eyes and lets his head hit the ground again with a thump.

“Oh my god. Oh my god, Alex.”

He hears a giggle, and he feels Alex jump off of the bed and then climb onto John. And - oh, yeah, there it is. Alex is straddling John, and leaning down so their faces are inches from each other. When he opens his eyes the first thing he sees are Alex’s beautiful brown eyes, sparkling with playfulness. He wants to pout, but he can’t, because he isn’t hurt and god. His boyfriend is gorgeous.

“That was rude, Al,” He whispers.

“Well, maybe you shouldn’t have insulted the Office,” Is Alex’s reply, followed by laughter. John laughs too, nudging their noses together.

“Sorry, sorry.”

“It’s fine. I guess I still love you.”

A silence follows those words, those beautiful and long awaited words, and then John is tilting his head up to press their lips together. It’s his way of silently returning those four words.
♠ ♠ ♠
That's a wrap! We WILL be posting a sequel soon, so look out for that. :) Thanks for the support guys! Love y'all!