A Kiss in the Danger

A Kiss in the Danger

A Dragonite stood waiting its wings flared, waiting to fly into the grey sky above, and a group of anxious youngsters with packed backpacks, on its back. Sootopolis City was being evacuated, its townsfolk being temporarily moved to New Mauville and Verdanturf town.

The weather, erratic as it had been for a few hours showed no signs of stabilizing, torrential rain one minute and intense sunshine the next - Teams Magma and Aqua had awoken Groundon and Kyogre, everyone knew what was coming they just didn’t know when. The Hoenn Elite Four had then decided to get every citizen of Sootopolis to safety and Vienna although not a member of the Elite Four, though a gifted trainer had been so desperate to help that she was given the task of helping evacuate the city.

Rather than rush and panic Vienna remained eerily calm, the youngsters on her Dragonite were taking it in turns to stroke and play with him, whilst she waited patiently by the Pokemon centre for a certain trainer - Seth. Despite the fact she strongly disliked him, she knew how reckless he could be and it frightened her.

As if on cue Seth a champion trainer from the Kanto region, the one who single handily bought down Team Rocket swooped into the City on his Moltres, he appeared to be preoccupied but upon seeing Vienna his face brightened slightly. Their rivalry had begun way back when Vienna had just started out as a trainer and Seth cocky as ever had beaten a rookie trainer making him cry, Vienna had seen this and thus challenged him to a battle, which ended with his Cyndaquill severely burning her Chikorita. Despite this, Vienna secretly had a soft spot for him. Although it had seemed an easy win by Seth, in that instant, despite the type disadvantage, he saw great potential within her. Had she been more experienced she might just have won.
As other elite trainers descended from the skies including the pink haired Lance, another Champion of the Kanto League, the Hoenn Champion Steven Stone and a girl on a Salamence who Vienna did not know. Locking eyes with one another Vienna and Seth embraced, her running her fingers through his shiny black hair.

“You need to go.. he murmured. “It’s getting dangerous”
“I couldn’t go without making sure that you’re safe”
“Don’t worry about me”
Pulling back slightly she produced a red and white Pokeball from her pocket and thrust it into his hands all the while never breaking eye contact.

“Kingdra” she said faintly. “You’re an idiot who doesn’t have a water Pokemon when fighting against an ancient water Pokemon in a flooded city! And she’s type dragon too so this should be right up your alley”. “And in case you ever…. fall, she’s a good swimmer... she whispered, voice trembling.

For a moment Seth, with his grey eyes stared the brown eyed girl and the pokeball, slowly he reached out and took the ball, depositing it into his pocket.

“Thanks” he said flashing her one of his signature goofy grins. A sense of relief rushed over her.

“Get going now” he said seriously, “when all this is over I’ll come get you from New Mauville”

“I’ll be waiting”

At this point their lips met and they stayed there for a minute, or was it longer? Neither knew and just in that moment, they forgot everything that was going on, they forgot the erratic weather, the panicked voices around them and the tense atmosphere. In that moment it was just about them.

They parted slowly and she turned, making her way back to her Dragonite, and ensuring the children were all comfortably seated flew off into the slowly blackening sky.

Seth watched until she became smaller and smaller in the sky, all the while keeping the Pokeball close to his heart. In the background he heard waves crashing in against the city rocks, the time had come.