Heirloom

Dirty Waterfalls

Image


The sound of the waves fell silent as frantic footsteps slapped against the damp pier, accented by the stuttering sobs of a young, naive girl. Perhaps it had all been her fault, but she felt bitter nonetheless, and cursed everyone who had ever approached her. In her desperate acts of love, she had slept around, toyed around, and had been toyed with. Yet, no matter how hard she tried, he would never look twice at her.

Her actions would cause him to look at her only with concern, but this had made her happy, at least for a little while. Whilst it was not the look she wanted, it was plenty more than nothing, and in moments like that she would settle her devious ways and the violent waves of her thoughts would still themselves as the tide did now. But the tide's stillness was solemn, and now the girl ran through the light mist of rain with both hands full. In her right hand, she clutched a pregnancy test, marked boldly with a red line which chewed at her emotions. In her left, she held a hairbrush; an heirloom from her great grandfather.

She halted her frantic footsteps at the edge of the pier now, leaning against the railings with rainwater dripping from her chin. In her hysterics, she paid little attention to the lone silhouette who sat not too far away, and instead lifted her arm above her head, clutching the red bar tightly in her fist. Air filled her lungs and she moved her arm into an overhead throw, but her wrist was caught midair.

She jumped violently and looked to her right, staring straight into his eyes with guilt and desperation. He pulled her hand into his vision, and understood almost instantly, not flinching when she began to flail and shove herself away from him.
Stop.
He took her forearms in his hands as to not break eye contact, but she scrambled and struggled with all her might. For the first time, she begged him not to look at her. In her violent acts of resistance, her left hand slipped, and the hairbrush, beautiful in it's golden appearance, fell silently into the waves below.

She stilled for a moment, observing her own mind beginning to crack and collapse. He held her tight, and shook her sharply when her outburst resumed.
Listen to me.
But he said nothing. He asked no questions, sought no answers, and instead brought her closer to him.

He pressed his lips to hers, and the whole world fell silent.

So now you're late, but that's ok
Don't worry baby 'cause you're going to come today
And she's on her way, hope she's on her way
Dirty waterfalls and the taste of your body
Assaulting me ! She said watch me waiting...