Status: In Progress

The Abracadabra Matter

One

Disclaimer: Scooby Doo and all related characters and trademarks are copyright 2017 Hanna-Barbera Productions/Warner Brothers/Cartoon Network, and any other companies or entities that have ever had anything to do with the production of Scooby Doo over the years.

I am not making any money off of writing this story, I am just a fan. The idea for this story came from an episode of the animated television series “Totally Spies”.

I also want to mention that I previously posted this fan fic(or began to) at two different fan fiction sites… only to have both sites shut down eventually. So, I figured as I still wanted to post this story(as I like the idea and hopefully others will like it), I have decided to post this story here.

***

The world famous vehicle known as the Mystery Machine drives along a highway somewhere in Northern Idaho, at the moment the brightly painted van makes its way towards Eastern Washington.

Fred as usual is driving, Daphne is sitting in the passenger seat reading, while Velma, Shaggy and Scooby sit in the back portion of the vehicle, watching the scenery go by through the vehicles windows.

Suddenly, there is a ringing coming from somewhere towards the front of the van. Daphne realizing that Fred is concentrating on his driving looks around trying to figure out where the sound is coming from.

The red head then realizes that the vans dashboard telephone is ringing, and realizes she probably needs to answer it, just in case a possible client is on the other end of the phone. A few seconds later, she flipped a small switch and turned the device on.

“Hello this is Mystery Incorporated, no mystery too baffling and no villain too frightening, this is Daphne Blake speaking.” Daphne answered.

“Hello, this is the Mystery Inc. detective agency, correct?” said a voice from the other end of the line.

“Yes this is Mystery Inc., how can we help you?” Daphne asked.

“I certainly hope I have the right number. This is the right number isnt it?” the voice asked.

“Yes it is, what can we help you with?” Daphne asked.

“Thank goodness this is the correct number, I believe I have a mystery for you to solve.” the voice said.

“What kind of mystery?” Fred asked.

“Well, it’s kind of a strange one, so strange that I don’t even know if I can believe it.” the voice said.

“Why can’t you believe it?” Velma asked.

“Well, I should explain; first I should properly introduce myself, my name is Craig Stevens and I own one of the largest jewelry dealers in all of Eastern Washington.” the voice commented.

“Nice to speak with you Mr. Stevens, my name is Fred, you’ve already spoken to Daphne, also here are Velma, Shaggy and Scooby Doo.” Fred said introducing everyone.

“Nice to speak with you all.” Mr. Stevens replied, greeting the members of the group.

“So, you’re a jewelry dealer; what kind of mystery would a jewelry dealer want solved?” Velma asked, somewhat curious.

“Well, you see recently I attending the largest jewelry show in the region. I of course was one of the retailers attending the show and one day during the middle of the exposition a mysterious person in a red cape appeared seemingly out of nowhere.” Mr. Stevens explained.

“Zoinks, like that’s pretty creepy.” Shaggy remarked.

“Oh come on Shaggy, every thing is creepy to you.” Velma scolded.

“Well, as your friend said it did seem creepy but that’s not the creepiest part. This person in a red cape raised its arms and a large plume of smoke surrounded the entire convention center, and then just as suddenly as the smoke appeared it disappeared along with every piece of jewelry in the place.” Mr. Stevens continued.

“Jeepers, that’s pretty strange; I’m guessing you’ve called the police already correct?” Daphne asked.

“Yes, the sheriff and the local police were both called, I just can’t believe that all those jewels could just vanish like that; frankly I’m stumped.” Mr. Stevens replied.

“Like maybe it was ghosts.” Shaggy said nervously.

“Reah, rhosts.” Scooby added.

“Come on you two that’s ridiculous, you know there are no such things as ghosts; there has to be a logical explanation for how the jewels disappeared.” Velma replied.

“You know I’m not a superstitious man, but…” Mr. Stevens commented.

“But what Mr. Stevens?” Fred asked.

“Well, if I didn’t know any better I would say that the jewels disappeared almost like magic.” Mr. Stevens replied.

“I seriously doubt that Mr. Stevens but we would be more than happy to solve this mystery for you.” Velma said.

“You mean you’ll take the case?” Mr. Stevens asked.

“Of course we will, now where are you currently?” Fred asked.

“I’m at my home in Spokane, it’s at 1780 Stevenson Drive.” Mr. Stevens replied.

“OK, I’ll punch up the directions from where we are now to your house on my laptop Mr. Stevens.” Velma said.

“Do you know how long will it take you to arrive at my home?” Mr. Stevens asked.

“We’re actually heading towards Eastern Washington right now, it shouldn’t take any longer than a couple hours at the least.” Fred commented.

“Sounds good, I can’t wait to meet all of you in person and I sure hope you can help me.” Mr. Stevens remarked.

“Don’t worry Mr. Stevens, well find out who stole the jewelry. Velma replied.

“I certainly hope so, the other store owners are breathing down my neck to get all of their jewels back.” Mr. Stevens commented.

“Don’t worry Mr. Stevens, we’re pretty good at solving mysteries, and I know we’ll be able to figure things out.” Fred replied.

With that the gang said their goodbyes to Mr. Stevens and Daphne clicked off the dashboard telephone, as the Mystery Machine continued down the Interstate on the way to the gang’s latest mystery.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry about the short length of this chapter. The other chapters will definitely be longer, depending on what ideas I get for this story.

If I don’t get any other ideas for this story, the chapters will still be fairly decent lengths, but will most likely be short, although I guess since this is fan fiction it doesn't matter too much.