Status: Work In Progress

On Her Own

The Decision

Twenty Years Old. Wal-Mart Cashier. I work hard, both as a cashier and as a daughter. I try to hold up my end at the house, doing dishes, the laundry, helping with my younger siblings. Its hard, after a long day of work, I would much rather pay for McDonald's rather than cook and wash the dishes. My family is full of picky eaters, so it would be, at least, two meals worth nightly. Everything I tried to do, just wasn't enough. I would try and try, and make progress, then stop. I would stop for a moment. I would stop to relax and do what I wanted for 20 minutes or so, but that would be a poor decision. I fear constantly. I fear that they're going to kick me out, I'm going to come home from work and find my bags on the porch. I am constantly insulted, by my parents and my younger brothers and sister. It makes it hard to focus on getting out and getting my life together. I want in their life, I want them in my life, but I can't spend my life in their shadows and being pushed around by pint size brats that I could drop kick into the next town. I love them, more than anything. But I can no long be around them in this situation. I took the time to file for FAFSA with my parents help (you need their income listed until you're twenty-five years old), and took the time to apply to Sinclair Community College's Fall 2017 semester for Nursing. I've done extensive research into finding an apartment, to try and get myself out on my own two feet. I found a nice studio apartment with a bathroom, and other necessities. Its time. Its time that I take the wheel and drive myself into the future. My future.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is based off of my life and the current events that I am going through. I hope that anyone who reads it will take it as advice on how to survive on your own.